PreShave: Warm water, from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra (3)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

Getting used to the Santa Maria Novella Cream, it's excellent, providing great lubrication. However, I need to remember that it goes a long way, and I need to use less of it when making a bowl full of lather. The blade was a bit dull today, a new one goes in for tomorrow. But in all a fine shave.

Have a great weekend.

Sotd - today - Saturday the ninth of March

Razor - Merkur 37c slant
blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
brush - Stirling two-band fan
soap - Razorock Nomad - vegetarian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Razorock Nomad
balm - Barts Bergamot and Vanilla.

Result - excellent.

Well done me - I managed to use a double edge razor for the first time this year - and excellent it was too - part in the spirit of the new den - it's all there to see - revisiting kit not used for ages - and also I didn't have the heart to make @Wayne Pritchard look at yet another picture of his former Colonial General - sensitive soul that he is. There is a reason the Merkur slant has remained unchanged for years and still sell - they work very well with a minimum of fuss. This one was the second razor I bought. Thanks to @Somnos for reminding me about the Nomad soap and matching splash - great performance and a beautiful scent - the Barts dovetails a treat with them. Job done - happy bunnies all round - enjoy your shaves gentlemen - yours - I.

Saturday 9th March 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm rinse / Proraso White
Brush:- Stirling Finest Bardger
Soap/Cream:- TOBS Eton College cream
Razor/Blade:- Executive Shaving Company Claymore V1 / Schick Proline (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Floid Vigoroso aftershave / Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla aftershave lotion
EdP- Hugo Boss The Scent

e35b6f61ef4e48ca7d26692a1c492765.jpg

Glad to see the forum up and running again.

I've been continuing with my SE Claymore and the results are getting much better. I did have one shave with my Rockwell 6c which was fantastic. I'm guessing the SE experience is improving my DE technique.

This evenings shave was a good one. A 3 pass shave without incident and a BBS result. Sealing the Floid with some Barts Balm aftershave was great. I stepped outside and the fresh feeling hit me!

A great shave. Have a great weekend folks!

[emoji1303]

Sat 8th March

Simpson Chubby 1 /Maggards 2 band
L`Occitane Cade Soap
PAA Starling SE - V2
Gem S/S [ 4 }
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

A bad start today as after a couple of strokes it was obvious I had a problem. I found out that the blade was askew, as it had slipped off one of the retaining lugs while reassembling it. In order to keep the head less bulky the lugs were kept short , so care is needed to ensure blade on lugs when pressing head onto the base.

This is my fourth Shave with The Starling, which has a lot of blade feel and is quite aggressive, warning you not to rush the Shave. The Shave was completed without mishap, and is definitely my best so far, bordering on a Face Stroker. Rather reminds me of using an ER1924 but more aggressive. The finish attained today was far superior to those I have had from both the Sabre L1 and the ATT SE-G.

Last edited:

SOTN

Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: PAA (Praise) John Frum
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Perma - Sharp (3)
Brush: That Darn Rob Gold Digger
A/S: PAA (Praise) John Frum

What a shave! My first try of the new CK-6 formula from PAA. Incredible soap for a vegan base. Great thick lather, and super slick for a vegan base and the post shave face feel really is something else! A very nice musky, masculine scent on this one. Maybe the perma sharp wasn't the right blade choice for the Dart.

Prep: Saponificio Varesino Preshave Oil
Bowl: Aesop by Sori Yanagi
Brush: Thäter Premium Boar
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Razor: Bohin
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Proraso Lozione dopo barba
AS: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica

SOTD-20190309.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Sotd - today - Saturday the ninth of March

View attachment 41787

Razor - Merkur 37c slant
blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
brush - Stirling two-band fan
soap - Razorock Nomad - vegetarian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Razorock Nomad
balm - Barts Bergamot and Vanilla.

Result - excellent.

Well done me - I managed to use a double edge razor for the first time this year - and excellent it was too - part in the spirit of the new den - it's all there to see - revisiting kit not used for ages - and also I didn't have the heart to make @Wayne Pritchard look at yet another picture of his former Colonial General - sensitive soul that he is. There is a reason the Merkur slant has remained unchanged for years and still sell - they work very well with a minimum of fuss. This one was the second razor I bought. Thanks to @Somnos for reminding me about the Nomad soap and matching splash - great performance and a beautiful scent - the Barts dovetails a treat with them. Job done - happy bunnies all round - enjoy your shaves gentlemen - yours - I.
@Digimonkey I have a 37C myself and I enjoy it far more than its big brother the 39C which I also own. Glad you got to revisit the Nomad!

Back
Top Bottom