SOTD : Saturday 8th September - Friday 14th September 2018.

Date: 10 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 011842 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

He's back...... and better than ever!
Great post, Iain; tally-ho!

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Maseto 24mm ST
Soap: Le Père Lucien
Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Gem Blue Star CS

Every time I use this razor I wonder how it got its aggressive reputation.
It's efficient and assertive but if aggression is your bag, I'd suggest the 1924 or Streamline, I found both harder to learn than this intuitive little marvel.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Last night's SOTD. [emoji41]

Rex Ambassador
Kent BK8
P&B Citra Royale and C E Bigelow cream Ãœber Lather
Lord Stainless Classic Blade
BBA Pre-Shave Oil
Soap Commander Resolution AS Balm

Very smooth shave with the Ambassador on setting 1.5. I'm really enjoying these blades as well. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon 10th Sept
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

These good Shaves just keep on coming in this rotation of AC/SE Razors, I may even try the lighter
ones. So easy to get the right angle with the Mongoose, due to the head configuration. A very easy but rewarding Monday morning Shave- Smooth ,comfortable and close all round.

Monday 10th September

Yaqi Al 24mm Tux - Truefitt and Hill Sandwalwood soap - General Steel - Schick Proline P #10 - Alum - Lacoste Original A/S - Dove Instant Hydration cream

1st outing for my new Yaqi brush. I really like this handle style and it performed really well, whipping up an excellent lather.

The result an excellent polished performance, so I'm well happy.

SOTD Monday 10 September 2018

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap and cold water splash.
Soap: Cella Crema da Barba AllOlio Di Mandorla.
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Bowl: Streight from the puck .
Razor: Karve - C: Plate.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Day 5).

I had my first run out with the Karve on Thursday 06 Sept - for me and I appreciate that YMMV, this was one of the smoothest shaves with a DE - each shave loaded with a Gillette Silver Blue.

The two run outs were a 2 pass shave - DFS + BBS - finish - no issues to report. Saturday's shave was a three pass - again no issues. I only needed a 1 pass shave on the Sunday, before going to see Simple Minds. Today, a slight hurry to get out the door, 1 pass shave and I am DFS +.

I loved today's shave, the Karve feels excellent: safe, smooth and dependable. The Cella was stunning - great protective lather in next to no time, finishing off with the Floid Vigoroso was divine - plesant tingle on the skin, no burn and great scent.

I say this with the gratest respect - the Karve is possible the best DE razor I have used - its performance is outstanding - I have not yet tried the E plate I also ordered, as the C plate leaves my skin feeling great.

The Karve could easily be a daily driver, easily.

All the best,

Chris