SOTD: Saturday 8 th - Friday 14 th June 2019

+11 on the Arko. Just discovered it after all this time - great stuff. See below...
+11 on the Arko WOW!!!...better late than never with your discovery of the humble turkish wonder shave stick .The performance for it's price tag is amazingly good.I too like the scent, which some people will cringe at, but each their own..(y)

Last edited:
SOTD 13/06 - Gillette Adjustable (G2 - 1961), Polsilver Super Iridium (3), Vreto mash up - Citrus, Mandarin & Menthol/Pine & Menthol/Eucalyptus & Menthol, Semogue 830 Excelsior handle with a 24mm Tuxedo knot, DIY Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera, BBA Post Shave Balm

190613-SOTD.jpg

13/06/19

Razor: Yaqi Orange Brass
Blade: Gillette 7 O'c SS (Green) (2)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Goodfellas Smile Amber Fougere
Pre: Floïd Oil
ASB: Floïd
ASL: Floïd Vigoroso

Today's shave theme is the colour orange.

I looked forward to today's shave following the epic shave on Tuesday. The theme called for the Amber Fougere. The last time I used this soap, I ended up with razor burn as I let the lather become over-hydrated by my ATG pass. I was bowl lathering on that occasion. Today I face lathered and recognised the need to go back to the cake before the third pass. I struggled to get the slickness of the soap back so I refrained from touching areas up. The soap smells so good but I think it may best be used with boar brushes.

Passes 1 and 2 were very comfortable and the Yaqi and 7 O'c combination proved themselves a suited pair once again. I'm out for a beer and a curry tonight and the shave is more than acceptable for this social event.

I'm now off work until 24th June so my weekend starts here. Enjoy your shaves all!
6ff43e383ab1c267880bc821180000f5.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Maiden Shave with the Paradigm ! Smooth as Silk will try the Polsilver tomorrow as the Gillette Yellow I tried today didn't seem quite right for this razor. It was a nice shave but think it will prefer a different blade.

View attachment 44685

I must admit to finding it a bit picky where blades are concerned. Polsilver's and Gillette Platinum's work for me.

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
F.W. Engels Trade Solingen Fulll Hollow 13/16th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Monsavon Bol Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Just had a Cracking Shave Today with My F.W Engels Solingen 13/16th..An Impeccable Factory Grind & its an Impeccable Shaver..A Very Keen Edge & Uber Smooth..
:p:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:boxing:

Billy

13/06/19

Razor: Yaqi Orange Brass
Blade: Gillette 7 O'c SS (Green) (2)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Goodfellas Smile Amber Fougere
Pre: Floïd Oil
ASB: Floïd
ASL: Floïd Vigoroso

Today's shave theme is the colour orange.

I looked forward to today's shave following the epic shave on Tuesday. The theme called for the Amber Fougere. The last time I used this soap, I ended up with razor burn as I let the lather become over-hydrated by my ATG pass. I was bowl lathering on that occasion. Today I face lathered and recognised the need to go back to the cake before the third pass. I struggled to get the slickness of the soap back so I refrained from touching areas up. The soap smells so good but I think it may best be used with boar brushes.

Passes 1 and 2 were very comfortable and the Yaqi and 7 O'c combination proved themselves a suited pair once again. I'm out for a beer and a curry tonight and the shave is more than acceptable for this social event.

I'm now off work until 24th June so my weekend starts here. Enjoy your shaves all!
6ff43e383ab1c267880bc821180000f5.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Very orange and very nice

IMG_20190613_195623__01.jpg

Paradigm SE (on loan)
Feather Professional
Maggards Finest-APshaveCo
Martin De Candre Fougère
Pitralon Classic aftershave

Tried a Feather Pro in the Paradigm kindly on loan from @Acer89 .
The shave was very smooth and comfortable, which was a first for me using a Feather blade.
I found the Feather milder than the Proline and needed more touch-ups than the Proline I used last time.
I've been a fan of the Feather blades. Let's see how long the shave lasts...I really do enjoy using this razor though. Up there as the most comfortable and intuitive I've ever used.

Cheers
Rob

...now back to Love Island

Back
Top Bottom