SOTD: Saturday 7th December- Friday 13th December 2019.

Thur 12th Dec.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Citra Royale
ER 1924 - Windrose handle
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I like Shaving with both the ER 1914/1924, and though they both perform well I prefer the 1924 when fitted with a longer handle. I enjoyed todays Shave as it was smooth and comfortable thanks to a good lather, with the overall finish being very good.

IMG_0347.jpg

Prep: Bath and face wash with simple soap
Pre shave: Proraso white
Soap: Arko
Brush: Vulfix 404 - face lathered
Razor/blade: Merkur 37C slant/ Astra Green (3)
AS: Proraso Green
Balm: Nivea sensitive

After thinking I'd done rather well with my first use of the R41 yesterday, I developed razor rash by the side of my mouth; so back to the 37C today for my usual 3 pass + cleanup on neck. I've used the 404 brush a few times now and it's beginning to lather well.

12/12/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Supply Co. Rex Adjustable #2
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Neroli infused Argan Oil / Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

4. Thurs.JPG

Another very nice finish from the Polsilver SI and Rex Combo. I am still not 100% about these blades, however, i cannot complain about the results, maybe my beard is not strong enough for them ie fine to medium weight, are the bristles moving with the WTG pass making the pass feel as though it is pulling? XTG and ATG are fine??
BBS comfortable finish with the REX dialed down a tad more to #2 for all 3 passes.
A massage of my homemade argon AS Lotion and then a Floïd Balm and Splash combo.
Very Nice.
Have a great day All.

Last edited:
929B0870-ACFD-4F50-896C-13A6E843BB4B.jpeg

This 12th shaving day of Decadent December will kickoff with a brief story to introduce the vintage razor selected for today's shave. James Neill, developer and manufacturer of the famed Eclipse Red Ring Safety Razor in Sheffield, England, sent his son Fred to New York City in the 1930s to explore business opportunities. One lasting result was a contract with the 400 Company which led to the development of the Neillite 400 (Patent 1936), a Bakelite DE razor with a storied history of shaving effectiveness. The razor was designed with a mild side and an aggressive side, although both sides are highly efficient. The Stirling Glacial Obsidian soap used this morning produced an anise scented cooling, thick, protective lather with the help of my new Jayaruh Custom Boar brush. Although lighter than I'm used to, this little Bakelite razor was amazingly efficient and mowed down that lather, and delivered a surprisingly close (comparable to my Rex Ambassador at setting 5) two and a half pass face and dome BBS. Today I feel smooth, cool and refreshed. Superb shave!

RAZOR: Neillite Bakelite DE
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a face and dome scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar
SOAP: Stirling Glacial Obsidian
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash of dome and face with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Stirling Glacial Obsidian AS Splash

49208867711_23978faf84_z.jpg

T&H 1805~ Yaqi 2-Band ~ Feather DX ~ Feather PB-20 ~ Issey Miyake

I love this DX, never should it and the SS be mentioned in the same sentence... Don't get me wrong the SS are great little shavers but this is so much better, maybe not in end result but the shaving experience is so much richer with the DX. It feels, handles and shaves like a real straight.

1805 + Issey is fresh AF, great combo.

Have to eat my words on the Yaqi brush, I pooh poohed them but this is better than any Simpsons I've owned... Though some might argue that's not saying much

Thursday AM 2019-12-12

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/51)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.61 Antique Bronze/Darwin
Schick Plus Platinum (8)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave

As from its fragrance, which is OK but not among my favorites, the Floris soap makes the best lather of any of my vintage soaps. A very easy BBS shave.
MXIZl67.jpg

Back
Top Bottom