SOTD : Saturday 7th April - Friday 13th April 2018.

Saturday 7th April
Zenith 506U TS
OSP Rosemary & Peppermint
Rocnel SE-P Open Comb
½ Voskhod Teflon Coated #1
Alum Wash
Alcolado Glacial Splash
Astral Moisturiser
3BxRaCw.jpg

Just guiding the Rocnel, using its substantial weight is all that's required to get an exceptionally close result. The Voskhod blade works wonders in this razor.
Well pleased.

Mitchell's Wool Fat
RazoRock 400
R41
Voskhod (2)
Lime witch hazel
Proraso Green ASL
Paul Smith Men EdT

Second shave in with the R41 and confidence is growing. I found I was applying a little more pressure than I had before, and it paid dividends.
I'm growing to like this razor already.
Wool Fat always performs well. Plenty of cushion and slickness protected from the blade and helped it glide.
Finished with Paul Smith EdT. It's a summer scent, not that it's very summery here outside today. I'm pleased I cut the grass after work yesterday.

Enjoy your weekend all

Saturday 7th April 2018
SOTD 7th Apr.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Bulldog face wash
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat - 1965 #7 setting
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (#1) year? origin?
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
AS: Old Spice Original
EDT: Guerlain Habit Rouge

The blade is from the Philippines, its says manufactured by Gillette Philippines not made in, however some googling turned up some information that Gillette had a mini production plant in the Philippines as they did in some other countries at various times. So this blade may or may not be made in the Philippines, there is no date code but I am guessing 70's or 80's based on the the typeface used.

And the result, one very close and smooth shave, I did manage one tiny nick but it barely even bled.

SWK xl scuttle

Shavemac LE TSR Xmas 2015 DO1 2 band

George Britton near wedge

TFS Tabasco verde forte. preshave

TFS Tabasco verde Forte duro

Pinaud citrus musk

TFS Tabasco verde forte asb

It always amazes me that such a old razor keeps going and produces such smooth shaves.

Now I am ready for a nice meal out with the family, everybody have a nice weekend.

5A1A9F8C-739D-4A57-8859-95ED8536D85F.jpeg

qqQWtqlK_o.jpg

Yaqi 2 Band Finest
Razorock Hawk
Schick Proline P-30 (8)
Phoenix and Beau Albion
Alum Block, Nivea 2 Phase & Dior Sauvage

First use of the Yaqi 2 Band Finest and I am very impressed, a bargain at £13. On par with my Maseto Brush (both pictured HERE). Made a beautiful lather with the Albion, I may push this blade for another two uses, I'll see how the next shave with it goes.

Back
Top Bottom