SOTD: Saturday 7th - 13th of September 2019

Thank you for saying so P. - I started doing it because my partner has extremely sensitive skin and had problems with commercially produced soap - doing it yourself gives you control over what is in it - and what it smells of. I'll probably make some more soon - happy to send you a couple of bars to see what you think - if you like. Cheers - I.
Thank you very much Iain, I would love to try some of your small batch soap, I'm sure it will be wonderful. :) P.

No photo today…

Razorrock 0.84
Gillette Silver Blue
Maseto Finest
Truefitt and Hill Grafton
Reuzel aftershave
Dior Eau Savuage Parfum

Very early start for me this morning. I'm going out straight from work to see the live broadcast of FLEABAG in the cinema and I'm SOOOO excited.:)

I don't normally shave in the morning, especially in the week. Although I have a brand new razor, the Tatara Nodachi. Sadly the first shave wasn't a success. I needed a razor I could count on and the Game Changer fits the bill. The pairing of the Game Changer and Gillette Silver Blue is a marriage made in heaven. A very smooth shave, apart from one nick on my chin. I believe this is the first it's bit me. What are the odds? Another great partnership is T&H Grafton and the ever dependable Maseto badger.

Finished off with Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum. A great shave, apart from the little nick on the chin.

Cheers
Rob

SOTD : 12th September 2019.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Face Lather.

Soap: Blue's Goat Milk soap.

Blade: Treet ~ 7 Days Platinum .(2)

Razor: Parker 92R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Old Spice ~ Original ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

The T7D blade has performed wonderfully throughout the week. I could quite possibly get a few more shaves from this blade but i won't it's sharpness is still there, but it's smoothness was starting to fade on the pick up pass..

Ever since i've used blue's goat milk soap, the outcome of the shave has always good, today was no exception, this chinese made soap is one of my favourites, it doesn't have much of scent, but it's performance, & post shave feel are amazingly good. 'However,i probably won't buy it again as the price has more than doubled since i last bought it', plus for a little extra i could buy MWF or cella.., I still highly recommend it.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Thur 12th Sept

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Arko Stick grated
Occams V2 / Plate 3
Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

A change of Shaving area, as leak on downstairs wash hand basin has revealed that the connector pipe to the
waste is faulty, so new connector required.
Rather than use the ER !924 I used the Occams as it is proving good to use in different shaving environments. Not a bad quick Shave - as son needed to use the Bathroom too.

IMG_0623.jpg

SOTD 20190912.
K0T11G9.jpg

Depot "No. 401" pre & post shave cream (sample).
Vintage brush / Maggard synth.
Depot "No. 404" shaving cream (sample).
Vintage "Sunrise" razor.
Supermax Blue Diamond (2).
Depot "No. 408" ASB (sample).

12 September

LPL Oud Santal
Simpson Chubby 1 super
MÜHLE Rocca R96
Gillette Silver Blue
Clinique post-shave soother
Dior Sauvage

71FEEA42-F42C-4AD7-AB18-85E037C43B88.jpeg
Five shaves in and the GSB/Rocca combination is still working, the blade still feels sharp and up to another shave. These GSBs do seem to last a long time. A very pleasant lather from the LPL and Simpson brush helped to provide a top shave.

Date:- 12 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Epsilon Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 26/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Frozen Mojito
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84 / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Mystic Waters ‘Marrakesh' Sample
Wildwest Brushworks 24mm Cashmere
Valet VC4
Feather #3
Myrsol Aqua Balsamica

Very finicky soap to lather easier with a synthetic than a badger and start with a damp brush or the lather just dissipates rapidly, but once a decent lather is whipped up the soap is very slick and protective, the scent is a nice spicy one. I probably will not get a tub of this due to it being a nuisance to lather, shame really.

12/09/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Feather AC SS / R89
Blade: Feather PB (6) / 7'o'C Green (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red

SS, RED,YFS (1).JPG

Another DFS from 2 passes WTG & XTG with the Feather SS Non Folder, I did not really need the 3rd pass although i did buff the Devils whirlpools under the jaw and my Chin end with the Muhle as i had the lather held in the brush and the razor in the soaker, i just do not think its worth the chance of doing an ATG pass with this razor yet, although i am feeling a lot more confident with it now.
Do i call an end to the training week today as it is Friday 13th tomorrow?

The synths and the Proraso have worked really well this week and i have face lathered throughout the training.

So DFS+ finish, nothing from the block and not a mark on me (i really think i am getting there), Skin comfortable and supple and smelling clean and fresh.
Have a great day all.

12/9/19

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Crystal
Post - Witch Hazel/Intesa Glacial Lotion
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

I picked up a Ball End & Fat Handle Tech earlier this year, and for the best part of the time I've just used the Ball End Tech as I found the FHT to be a little too mild but in today's shave that wasn't the case, it was very smooth and just efficient enough.

A really great shave.

12/09/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Feather AC SS / R89
Blade: Feather PB (6) / 7'o'C Green (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red

View attachment 47375

Another DFS from 2 passes WTG & XTG with the Feather SS Non Folder, I did not really need the 3rd pass although i did buff the Devils whirlpools under the jaw and my Chin end with the Muhle as i had the lather held in the brush and the razor in the soaker, i just do not think its worth the chance of doing an ATG pass with this razor yet, although i am feeling a lot more confident with it now.
Do i call an end to the training week today as it is Friday 13th tomorrow?

The synths and the Proraso have worked really well this week and i have face lathered throughout the training.

So DFS+ finish, nothing from the block and not a mark on me (i really think i am getting there), Skin comfortable and supple and smelling clean and fresh.
Have a great day all.
Good work Tony. It's been really interesting to read your development with the AC SS. I'm still way too scared (and cack-handed) to consider using one.

Thursday AM 2019-09-12

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender shaving soap + Coate's Lavender shaving cream (both vintage)
Raw Shaving RS-10
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (vintage) (21)
Yardley English Lavender aftershave (vintage)

An excellent lavender shave on probably the last really warm day here for the year.
OqfGKwU.jpg

Back
Top Bottom