SOTD : Saturday 6th June - Friday 12th June 2020

SOTD-10-06-20.jpg

Another day......

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Gillette Slim (3)
blade - Lodz Polsilver (pole dancer - 4)
soap - Squadron - Group Commander's Blend
brush - Yaqi Moka two band
post - cold water rinse
a/s - Extro Tabacco
balm - none needed.

A great tobacco scented shave - the Aussie tallow soap is among the best performing - and smelling - I own. The Extro Tabacco resembles Nivea 2 in 1 - in that it separates out in between uses - it is 'oily' - which is due to a lot of castor oil - when you check the formula - the inclusion of it in an aftershave - or indeed a soap base - guarantees the product will work superbly for me - it seems to be a 'miracle' ingredient for my skin. As it is the only one I own - I don't know whether any of the other Extro aftershaves share this characteristic. The scent longevity - for something you can put directly on your face - is remarkable. The Moka brush is - in my opinion - a modern badger classic - it feels way bigger on the face than the listed 26mm dimensions - super soft at the business end - and all the backbone you need. Stupidly good value for a brush of this quality - even more so - as Aliexpress are discounting them to £19.29 ex-delivery as of the 15th of June. I ordered mine along with a High Mountain White and when they arrived - the parcel had a London postmark - so there might be no need for customs anxiety - that was my experience - for what it is worth. Enjoy your shaves - take care - cheers - I.

View attachment 55577

Another day......

Prep - facial scrub
post - cold water rinse
a/s - Extro Tabacco
balm - none needed.

A great tobacco scented shave - the Aussie tallow soap is among the best performing - and smelling - I own. The Extro Tabacco resembles Nivea 2 in 1 - in that it separates out in between uses - it is 'oily' - which is due to a lot of castor oil - when you check the formula - the inclusion of it in an aftershave - or indeed a soap base - guarantees the product will work superbly for me - it seems to be a 'miracle' ingredient for my skin. As it is the only one I own - I don't know whether any of the other Extro aftershaves share this characteristic. The scent longevity - for something you can put directly on your face - is remarkable. The Moka brush is - in my opinion - a modern badger classic - it feels way bigger on the face than the listed 26mm dimensions - super soft at the business end - and all the backbone you need. Stupidly good value for a brush of this quality - even more so - as Aliexpress are discounting them to £19.29 ex-delivery as of the 15th of June. I ordered mine along with a High Mountain White and when they arrived - the parcel had a London postmark - so there might be no need for customs anxiety - that was my experience - for what it is worth. Enjoy your shaves - take care - cheers - I.
Great pic! Interesting angle of attack for face lathering though.

Good evening

Pre- Myrsol Emulsion
Soap- EJ Limes and Pomegranate
Brush- ExSh Medium Jock Synth
Razor- Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade- Gillette 7pm Permasharp Stainless (4)
Post- Osma Alum block and Barts Lime oil balm

I've never been able to get on with Edwin Jagger soap so really went with a minuscule amount of water and all went well tonight.

I hope you're all well and safe.

View attachment 55577

Another day......

Prep - facial scrub
post - cold water rinse
a/s - Extro Tabacco
balm - none needed.

Now that is a nice photograph

SOTD : 11th June 2020.

28.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Nuage Menthol Shaving Oil.

Brush: Turkish Unbranded Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap : Derby Shave Stick.

Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum.(4)

Razor: Ying jili 8306L. ( 7'0clock Stirling tech copy )

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Osmanli ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne.

Nivea Men ~ Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

I've carried on with the Ying jili 8306L to finish the week off.

Last outing of the Treet 7DP blade which i've forgot how efficiently smooth these very inexpensive blades are. I've been fortunate with all the de blades,i have purchased, the Treet 7DP i've used to date have yet to have any inconsistent issues or dulling, each one i've used has been good.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups DFS/BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thursday 11th June
Yaqi Heavy Metal Tux - Palmolive Classic - General Aluminium - Schick Proline P #7 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
vgAXnTA.jpg

Thur 11th June

RR 400-SE plissoft noir
Vitos Super Red
Occams V1
Feather Proguard [ 1 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I have broken into my Trial with The Hawk V3-A , to try out the Original Occams exchanged with @Tony'schin. I also have the V2 The Oren which is so good for me that it is one of my designated Travel Razors. I found The Shave smooth and comfortable and the finish very good indeed, better round the upper lip than I was led to believe.
I reckon that this would be a great alternative for those seeking a change from Cartridge Razors, or those who would like a Light S/S AC/SE. Do not be put off by its unconventional looks, it deals very nicely with my " Need to Shave Daily" beard, delivering a quality Shave without any problems arising.

IMG_0789.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom