SOTD : Saturday 6th July - Friday 12th July 2019

11/07/19
Pre shave prep: 1912 Classic 24
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: 1912 Classic 24
Razor: Razorock GC 0.84
Blade: NOS 1960's Perma Sharp Supreme (5)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Proraso red
Aftershave: Homemade Bay Rum #2

Relaxing 3 pass shave as the rain bolted down like stair rods and the thunder and lightening roared and flashed. This all went out of the window with a very nice shave today.
The GC and NOS Perma sharp blade worked really well although I believe the blade is done - 5 shaves and out. Do not want to chance it any further.
The Classic 24 has a scent I like and the lather works really well for me. No issues from the shave and nothing from the block.
A change in post shave routine today as I fancied the Proraso Red and a splash of my homemade Bay Rum - Very nice.
I have a very nice post shave glow and the Bay Rum is not too overpowering, definite scent of Oranges in there.

The Downer, As I came out of the shower the bathroom had an a very distinct air of Classic 24, OOOH!, that's nice I thought, my soap must be really blooming, Nah, my small bar of pre shave 1912 face soap had somehow slipped into the sink of hot water where I was warming the bowl and slowly began to melt. Boo Hoo, I must have lost 10 shaves worth before I found it.
Not to worry though.
Have a great day All and I hope the weather where you are is better than where I am.

Once you've tried the fat there's no going back!

I'm pleased it worked out for you . P.

That is, indeed, a beautiful razor!!

Late Thursday afternoon

OSP Fougére
RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Aristocrat 1948 (USA)
Gillette Nacet #3
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Pitralon Classic after shave

Not a massive amount of bristles to dispense with today, after last night's Feathering. However, what was there got dealt with extremely well by the Aristocrat and Nacet combo. I do notice that (for me, anyway) the Nacets take a couple of shaves to attain smoothness; after that though, they do the biz.

The Aristocrat is a tremendous razor; each time I use it I hardly get any blade feel, riding the cap. The results are incredibly smooth though. 3 passes; no buffing. Excellent.

Is the Pall Mall scent any good?

Last edited:

Sotd - Thursday the 11th of July -

Razor - Rockwell - 4 plate - on Executive Shaving SS handle
blade - Wizamet Polsilver (6)
brush - Yaqi - Moka two-band badger
soap - Williams - Ice Fresh Menthol
post - witch hazel
a/s - Williams - Aqua Velva
balm - Proraso - Green pre/post
scent - Dior - Oud Isfahan edp.

Result - Fantastic.

Head - double '0' clippers - and face shave - the perfect antidote to a humid day in Glasgow. Not much to say really - I'm refreshed - smell nice - even if I do say so myself - my skin feels great - and I'm smother than a greased cross-Channel swimming otter - wearing experimental graphene coated Speedos. Job done - enjoy your shaves as much - one and all - cheers - I.

Last edited:
11/07/19

Razor: Rockwell 6C (R4)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Yaqi Marble 24mm Synthetic
Soap: Speick Cream
Pre: Wilko Oil
ASB: Nivea 2 Phase

First go with the Speick cream - easy to lather and a nice smell. I can see why there's a lot of love the Rockwell 6 series. I've enjoyed my first three shaves with it and the Gillette Platinum seems to be a good partner to it. A DFS finish for this evening.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk