SOTD : Saturday 6th April - Friday 12th April

A great idea Arthur

Blue's isn't a bad soap, but it does lack a little in the scent department.
I wouldn't mind trying the same with my Blue's Soap with some Mr Perfume Sublime Vanilla oil.a Tom Ford copy, or Mr Perfume Kreed Green Irish Tweed.
How much perfume oil did you use ?
Hi Paul, I used 3ml into a full 100g finely grated cake and mixed. It easily pressed into the tub. Hope that helps. A

Thursday 11th April 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm rinse / Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man pre-shave oil
Brush:- Stirling Soap Co. Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man soap
Razor/Blade:- Claymore V1 / Schick Proline
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man aftershave balm.

7a684e633c32575eecf6e12b6bccfc01.jpg

A box full of Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man arrived today (a win in a recent raffle). I was desperate to try it but probably could've done with another day or twos growth. There was a bit of stubble there, but not much due to last night's shave being so good.

The Executive Man scent is quite pleasant. It's supposed to be close to Creed Aventus but it's not quite there. It's a good scent. If I was going out for the night I'd certainly consider it to go alongside Aventus or a similar scent.

The performance of the soap was good. After rubbing in the pre-shave oil (which felt exactly the same as Nuage Men shaving oil) the lather was decent. Rich and creamy with a nice cushion and glide. Really good slickness during rinses.

A 3 pass shave went by with a few weepers. A BBS finish.

The balm was very creamy in comparison to my usual Bart Balms, but after a few minutes it had absorbed into my skin leaving it fresh and well nourished.

I want to try this setup again with a bit more growth and a fresh blade. I'm sure it'll be much better.

A 5 maybe 6 out of 10 shave.

Have a great night folks. [emoji1303]

Date:- 12 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Fougère Bouquet Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell R4 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #15
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

GZyZKV2.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: NOS London Bridge (2)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Penhaligon's Castile

First use of the Calani Oriental Plum soap. A beautiful scent - sweet fruit balanced with spicy tobacco. I now understand why this scent is revered by many shavers.
The lather was also excellent - easy to build, persistent, and lovely cushioning and glide.
Three passes for a DFS+, and I'm grinning :D.

Last edited:
View attachment 42768

SOTD 11th April

Prep ~ Shower, Aleppo soap
Razor ~ Paradigm SE
Blade ~ Proline
Soap ~Agua de Colonia Barberia ~ Alverez Gomez
Brush ~ Zenith 28mm Manchurian
Post ~ Thayers Rose petal WH
Scent ~ Agua de Colonia Barber Edc ~ Alverez Gomez

A super smooth shave once again from this razor and blade combo, I love it!
Good performance and a great scent from the shave products from Madrid, perfect shave today. :) P.

Have a great day people......P.
Lovely setup, Paul.

12 April

PAA Harvest Moon
Razorock Snowman tuxedo
Razorock Black Hawk
Feather Professional
Bart's Balm lime oil asb

7E715591-786E-4FD9-9A6E-ECB0188EF3F6.jpeg
Two light passes with the Razorock Black Hawk were all that it took for the closest of shaves this morning. The Feather Professional blades are undoubtedly very sharp, but there is a sensation of slight pulling, which I have also experienced with the Feather Artist Club. Perhaps, it is down to a certain fear factor, and a lack of positivity.

Back
Top Bottom