PreShave: Warm water
Cream: TOBS Platinum Collection
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Voskhod (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 71/72

Put a Voskhod in the razor yesterday (after finishing with my PolSilver). First time I used a Voskhod. Nice blade, I lathered up my face well, so the shave was quite smooth, both yesterday and today. I see how it fares tomorrow. Perhaps this should be another blade to work into the rotation.

Have a good Saturday.

Sat 5th Jan.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P &B Citra Royale
PAL Injecto-Matic
Schick S/S -Japan [ 3 ]
Alcolado Glacial A/S Splash

I used another PAL today but this one fitted with a Japanese Schick. The Shave was very smooth but this blade is
less efficient than the AC Schick Proline, so the finish was no where as good as the one yesterday. At least it proves that the cheaper blade is good for me in the Injecto-Matic.

IMG_0317.jpg

Saturday 05 January 2019.

May I take this opportunity to wish all a Happy New Year and that 2019 brings health and happiness, along with seriously good shaves.

Work has been extreamly busy over November and December, which has in part contributed to my lack of postings.

Pre-shave: Cold water splash.
Cream: L'Occitane Cade.
Brush: Muhle Purist, Black Silvertip Fibre Shaving Brush.
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery.
Razor: Feather AS-D2S.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Day 7).
Post: Ibiza Aloe - Aftershave Aloe Vera, followed by D R Harris Bayrum Aftershave.

05-01-19.jpg

A 2 pass WTG and XTG shave (face) with WTG and ATG (neck) - no issues, very comfortable, DFS + BBS - shave.

Since 23 December, I have, in the main been shaving with the Feather AS-D2S, loaded with a Gillette Silver Blue. I had forgotten how good the Feather razor can be, as ever I appreciate that YMMV. I had a few days away visiting family and friends, when on my travels the Hone 15A got a good run out, loaded with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow. Again, several excellent shaves, with that set-up.

I stocked up on Cade, when in Aberdeen, after a visit to the L'Occitane shop, which was followed up with an excellent beer drinking session in Ma Cameron's and the Prince of Wales. SWMBO was not that chuffed, when she returned from her trip to the shops :)

I love Cade shaving cream in the winter, for me it provides great lubrication, glide and post shave protection, which is good in cold and damp weather. The Feather razor for me is mild, but very efficient over 2 - 3 passes, which helps my skin when the weather is cold and damp.

The Gillette Silver Blue began to drag ever so slightly this shave, I may load up with a Feather blade next or a Kai Captain SS DE.

All the best,

Chris

Saturday AM 2019-01-05

Moss Classic scuttle
Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Weber DLC/Charcoal Goods Torpedo Antique Brass
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (4)
Ralph Lauren Polo aftershave

Like all the other old tallow Floris soaps, this Verbena one makes wonderful lather. The 86g CG razor handle felt quite heavy to me, but it was not really uncomfortable.
2WITOdP.jpg

Saturday 5th January
HxQWgyf.jpg

Yaqi Alu Tux - Vintage Old Spice - GEM Contour I - Treet Super CS #2 - Alum - Old Spice A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream

Two new (to me) additions to my growing collection. The Old Spice mug & soap was a recent excellent trade. The soap retains its wonderful scent, which I wasn't expecting. But it's ease of lathering and slickness duly impressed.
The Contour with the Treet blade was part of my TOST Xmas PIF and produced a very pleasant shave, the blade having smoothed out very well.

SOTD : 6th January 2019.

69.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Carbon Shower Total Action.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle.

Face Lather.

Soap : Lea Shaving Stick.

Blade: Gillette ~7'0 Clock SharpEdge.(2)

Razor: Baili BD 191.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse.//Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL.

Morrisons ~ Intensive Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,

Another relaxing Sunday 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report...The baili bd 191 paired up excellently with the gillette 7'0 Clock SharpEdge blade mowing through my stubble with smooth efficiency..A very enjoyable shave, the Lea shaving stick excelled the shave providing me with a superb slick protective lather, leaving a wonderful post shave feeling to my face, i love the simplicity of the humble shave stick..A great shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Morrisons ~ Intensive Moisture Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)
clear.png

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Razorock Game changer
Feather

Le Père Lucien Fougère
Razorock Plissoft
Wimmie Bowl

Fine Absolute

Great three pass shave in our own bathroom again. But we'll always have the memories of Germany!

Ready for a good old Dutch cup of Douwe Egberts coffee with a tuft Buisman and a .... stroopwafel.

Have a nice day everyone.

Het after shave koekje .... ;):p

Back
Top Bottom