SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 11 August 2023.

Fri 11
Soap CBL Hombres BarberShop
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Thiers Issard 69 Frameback
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Just received this soap from a very kind and generous member. The lather is slick with a very light scent. Good enough for a nice SR shave. The razor's edge is buttery smooth and crisply keen after a refresh on the 0.1um balsa followed by stroping on the roo leather. Enjoyed 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...

11/08/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Supply Mirror Polished V2 - 3Dot
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush "Wild Country"

Not a great shave today, "the nut on the end of the razor was faulty" totally user error. Missed the angle here and there?
I did however, have a fantastic face lather with the Alpha and Wickham's combo and a nice post shave to finish.

Today i met a very nice fellow TSR member who lives about half a mile away from me, @AnthH was selling his MDC Rose, which i had been on the lookout for and a deal was struck, he also offered me a couple of tubes of the original Brit. Ingram's, what a thoroughly decent fellow. Thank you so much.

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Fri 11th August

Cyril Salter/ MS ED2band
Lea Classic soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 3 )

After a few weeks on the Asylum Injector, move up to The Hawk.The difference in size was not noticeable, and without any hassle got a nice close all round finish. Now that my skin seems more settled might even try an After Shave again. I remember in the 60’s After Shave was a novelty and used for weekends/ special occasions.

Happy Anniversary All the Best

Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 3 )
Brush = Alpha 400 Travel 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Castle Forbes Lime with matching balm
Splash = Cella Green
Another tiring day comes to an end & finished off with a wonderful 3 pass shave.
This cream is about done,
I reckon i’ll finish it before i leave Indonesia although it’s a must i get it again.
3 Passes of wonderful creamy lather,
i’d be hard pushed for a better shave,
Totally first class.
This is my third use in a row from the Oren,
It just oozes class for me & paired with the pro guard it’s one of my favourite combos for sure.
Enjoy your weekend when it comes.
And don’t do anything i would

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Lather: DR Harris Arlington
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics EDT

I also shaved my head although didn’t post the details here. I loaded up my Leaf as usual but the screw wouldn’t clamp down, it looks like the thread has stripped. I know that Leaf does a lifetime warranty so went to find the receipt and can‘t find it anywhere, gutted as it’s a phenomenal head shaver. On a positive note I used my Thorn on the dome and it produced a superb result.

Edit. Found Leaf receipt now

Last edited: