SOTD : Saturday 4th July - Friday 10th July 2020

It's lovely and soft but needs a bit more breaking in - it struggles to hold on to any lather beyond the first pass at the minute. I can feel its potential though

Good luck with breaking it in. I think your brush might be the bleached Zenith boar, my one even after it broke in I struggled to get it hold any lather after the first pass but it was as soft as anything.

Wed 8 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Blue BarberShop
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 9th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman GentsGin
Getting use to this Soap/Croap scent. Regardless...the lather result is absolute creamy & thick...wow! Good slickness too...gotta work on it with the brush in the bowl and add+++ water...
Shave with this slant have so far been great and paired with this blade on 9th use...still as smooth and comfortable!!
Still as sharp with no tug nor skip. Amazing blade! 3+1 multiple passes without issues. Icy water rinse + Thayers + Hyaluronic postshave & top-off with GentsGin makes this a great session. 9.5 rating!
20200707_232036.jpg
20200708_075553.jpg

image.jpeg

SOTD 8th July 2020

Razor - The Leaf from Leaf Shave Co (On loan)
Blade - Hans Baier - Souplex ( 3 half blades )
Soap - Valobra Fougere
Brush - TSN Semouge 2018 LE Badger
Post - Thayers Astringent
Frag - Club de Nuit - Armaf EdT

I was offered this razor to try by a kind fellow member after I showed some interest in it , thank you. :)

For those who don't know about this razor I will give you a quick outline of what it's all about.
It has a pivoting head that takes half DE blades, you can fit up to three half blades into the head should you wish to or just one or two, whatever works for you. The head design is very ingenious and has cut outs and magnets to hold the blades in place and then a thumb screw on the back of the head that clamps everything together.

The shave..... It shaves like a cartridge razor with a pivoting head, there is no learning curve, it's just like using a cart!
However it is so much better than a cartridge razor because you have the choice of what blades you use, how many blades you use and because there is no plastic involved it's better for the planet.

Once you have the razor all you are paying for are DE razor blades, why this razor hasn't killed sales of cartridge razors I really don't know!
I was shaving without having to think or take care, it's fool proof, in the end I was almost trying to make mistakes ......you can't!

I was very pleased with the results, a genuine BBS shave without any nicks or irritation of any kind, I can't stop stroking my face, it's that good!
I'm going to hang on to this razor for a while and test with fewer blades and report back.

This would be the ideal razor for a cart user who is done with paying through the nose for cartridge packs and it would also be a great razor to use if you are a head shaver too!

Untill the next time, stay safe,

Paul.

8 July 2020 – lunchtime – it's raining!
Braveheart always provides a good shave (3 days) – together with a Feather! But one has to be vigilant – right at the end a couple of scrapes were the only downside and cold water and alum fixed those easily.

Prep: Shower & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Braveheart head on MÜHLE handle
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless Japan
Soap: Wilkinson blue tub
After: Cold Water splash - Ajanta Alum – Autograph ASB

July 8th, 2020

Razor: FrankenSTAR
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: RazoRock Big Bruce
Cream: TOBS Grapefruit (Sample)
AS: TOBS Eton College

sotd_08072020.jpg

It's only the baseplate of the STAR razor on the picture. The handle is RR Halo SS, the cap is from Gillette Old Type. I switched to the original cap before the shave, because the blade alignment was not there. The larger handle makes this razor much more comfortable for me. And I'm still amazed how rigid the blade is being held. Very pleasant and comfortable shave albeit only DFS+ (though I was not chasing BBS this time). I'll try to frequent this little STAR more into my rotation.

Last edited:
Sotd-08-07-20.jpg

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Gillette Slim (3)
blade - Tatra (1)
brush - Trafalgar T2 ('I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.')
soap - PAA - Cad
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon Blu
balm - Floid
scent - Caldey Island - Lavender edt.

I really didn't have to shave today - but there was slightly more regrowth than expected from yesterday - enough to annoy me anyway - confirming my decision that the Lodz needed retired - it had served well. Apart from the blade - and brush to some extent - all the software used is tried and tested for me. I must learn not to over-load with this brush. First shave with one of the Czech edges - initial impressions were exceptionally good - straight out the pack - plenty sharp but incredibly smooth and gentle on my skin. BBS in two passes - even the problem spots - that normally require a polish to properly eradicate them. I really enjoyed that - sometimes - the very best shaves come out the blue - when you are not really expecting anything out the ordinary. Great - the Tatra were gifted to me - but - at the risk of seeming ungrateful - I cannot remember by whom - I've been sent several blades to try recently - and kind of lost track. I'm assuming you will know who you are - thank you. Have great shaves - stay safe - cheers - I.

Wednesday AM 2020-07-08

Rooney Stubby 3XL Ivory Finest (30/52)
XPEC Original shaving cream (Forester Milan version)
Carbon CX-Titanium
Schick Plus Platinum (3)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave
XJhkHl5.jpg

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Cream - Sweyn Forkbeard - Vanilla and Tobacco Leaf
Brush - New Forest
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Alum followed by some moisturiser with SPF

An OK shave this morning. Do you ever get one of those days where you think one pass will be enough (but you do three anyway). This wasn't one if them. Three passes required. No feedback from alum. I almost used my mint slim today, but just can't bear to use it. I'll carry on just looking at it.

IMG_7840.jpg

Wed 8th July.

Jayaruh Syn. No67
P & B Pall Mall
RR S/S Hawk V3-A plate, HD handle
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

I really like this Hawk with the shorter handle, feels good in the hand is very manoeuvrable. Todays Shave was very smooth and I had no problems getting an ultra close all round finish, the smaller head makes it good working on the upper lip and round the nose. Probably one of the best AC/SE Razors that I have used, and incredibly good value too - RazoRock have delivered again.

IMG_0859.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday 8th July

YiFqHldQtdjDcSU6yG6jGic_VWOCkH1pDnAtkRqxrdn0NFfr4NqSGA1YDgRvvFB9gWqYSSNAkdvcahDOtjuQeRyRK3oKyWMqM_zkuVVbBTws-ALdDizuE4PNuSaSfxFmOtKnRVrMInuFN6jUaCCSpkXKHNu1xI6DILkFhRwzIry9juF8Pn1pM3vyK3UhjLbZkN0RWdXwg5muc33wNcZMH5YruaIiVzgnSgiDzpnSuzYHbzrR_oGCq7WJwHrl2hUs5ZPdr7B_SbvIJauEp--Jo11IFbnvwlZ6kUeD4xW2BLxqjiLCBqs6EVhPbDbWOLydJaxE6ctUtzgCEHUUDyR1TU13b-XuppeqWIgr0qS7LIPwk5J--sf8fML0t825_KXx53cp7ttOsEU8XZDv6cskQ5vb2a-buSg64LSKUior0zUjIneOKUSYTiuNTfCXHXsPycLPQGZF2MhyHsalouPSbu44Pq-r6I5qObuoIO2iFBMZtO1jfJ-4qe2X251IzRVIRHiljiGzcpR_yPGco-QcK_vXWnTaAxI7tfuQpJCGaaTuIP8sOf7G-u1cBTEzVZe-JtwIvz5KMN10-eEMzMR3LFZb6IQWaTgJGEnh6iiMPBXPg-Cf8Xb15mhZz0ia929C0DzygvPq27yjht7sITTQCfGHza7DO12a6Lb3xJhsdmLKkYtXCtehxuCW59j4bQ=s800

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with MWF & Yaqi Dandelion w/Cashmere Synthetic
Shave with Gillette Tech (w/RazoRock 'Radio Knob' Handle) & PermaSharp Super (2)
Single Pass
Wash off and pat dry​

Mediocre Shave Monday ... Terrible Shave Tuesday ... Welcome Shave Wednesday!

After yesterday's truly horrible shave which built upon a poor shave the day before that, today had been quite uncomfortable and this evening's shave has been quite welcome.

I retracted to my default set of products - MWF and my baseline Gillette Tech with a sharp blade that rescued me yesterday.

Much better! Hopefully on the mend, now ....

Good evening everyone

Pre- Barts Lavender AS lotion
Brush- Omega Boar
Razor- Parker 22R
Blade- Gillette Ruby #7
Soap- P&B Spitfire
Post- Cold Water Splash and Osma Alum Block
Balm and Splash- P&B Spitfire

After reading the post about pre-shave rituals I also decided to use Barts AS lotion which I do believe made a difference.
First time using this razor which was kindly gifted to me, thank you Ian.
It's more aggressive then anything I've used before. The highest plate I've used on my Rockwell 6S is the R4 and it far exceeded that and performed absolutely fantastically.
All finished off with P&B's wonderful Spitfire Balm and Splash.

Stay safe.

E6D7FAF8-5AAA-425D-B03B-2E692382475C.jpeg

Wednesday 8th July

YiFqHldQtdjDcSU6yG6jGic_VWOCkH1pDnAtkRqxrdn0NFfr4NqSGA1YDgRvvFB9gWqYSSNAkdvcahDOtjuQeRyRK3oKyWMqM_zkuVVbBTws-ALdDizuE4PNuSaSfxFmOtKnRVrMInuFN6jUaCCSpkXKHNu1xI6DILkFhRwzIry9juF8Pn1pM3vyK3UhjLbZkN0RWdXwg5muc33wNcZMH5YruaIiVzgnSgiDzpnSuzYHbzrR_oGCq7WJwHrl2hUs5ZPdr7B_SbvIJauEp--Jo11IFbnvwlZ6kUeD4xW2BLxqjiLCBqs6EVhPbDbWOLydJaxE6ctUtzgCEHUUDyR1TU13b-XuppeqWIgr0qS7LIPwk5J--sf8fML0t825_KXx53cp7ttOsEU8XZDv6cskQ5vb2a-buSg64LSKUior0zUjIneOKUSYTiuNTfCXHXsPycLPQGZF2MhyHsalouPSbu44Pq-r6I5qObuoIO2iFBMZtO1jfJ-4qe2X251IzRVIRHiljiGzcpR_yPGco-QcK_vXWnTaAxI7tfuQpJCGaaTuIP8sOf7G-u1cBTEzVZe-JtwIvz5KMN10-eEMzMR3LFZb6IQWaTgJGEnh6iiMPBXPg-Cf8Xb15mhZz0ia929C0DzygvPq27yjht7sITTQCfGHza7DO12a6Lb3xJhsdmLKkYtXCtehxuCW59j4bQ=s800

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with MWF & Yaqi Dandelion w/Cashmere Synthetic
Shave with Gillette Tech (w/RazoRock 'Radio Knob' Handle) & PermaSharp Super (2)
Single Pass
Wash off and pat dry​

Mediocre Shave Monday ... Terrible Shave Tuesday ... Welcome Shave Wednesday!

After yesterday's truly horrible shave which built upon a poor shave the day before that, today had been quite uncomfortable and this evening's shave has been quite welcome.

I retracted to my default set of products - MWF and my baseline Gillette Tech with a sharp blade that rescued me yesterday.

Much better! Hopefully on the mend, now ....

Anyone using a Dandelion gets a love off me

Back
Top Bottom