SOTD : Saturday 3rd October to Friday 9th October 2020.

6/10/20

Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - Zenith B07 (bleached boar, 24mm/55mm)
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Voskhod (3)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
Splash - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Pimento

Even though I loaded enough soap for 3 passes, the brush seemed to eat lather and I just about had enough lather for a good pass, and the 2nd pass with a little clean up was very thin, nonetheless I will stick through with this Zenith boar for a few more shaves at least to see if I can get better to grips with the brush and if I can't get it to build an even passable lather with Tabac I've failed for sure!

I was planning to test a few blades, but I already had a small stack of a few blades with 1 or 2 shaves already on them so I'd thought I'd start with a Vosk which on it's 3rd shave today wasn't at it's best with a BET, but like with the lather I managed to get the job done.

Tabac Tuesday

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - Tabac
Brush - ESC Big Jock Badger
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Kouros AS followed by Moisturiser

As you know Tabac is a soap that lathers just by showing it the brush. Today, I decided to use the brush that is the only one to get a decent lather from my TOBS soap. It went mad. Picture shows lather left after my usual two and half passes. A nice comfortable shave.

IMG_8123.jpg

06/10/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: Erasmic Cream
Razor: 6/8 Gold Dollar / 6/8th Böker "Piccadilly"
Edge By: @Fergiebilly / @Tony'schin
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Pure Sport

PA030003.JPG
I enjoyed that!,
Another test shave to check my edge, I tried the Böker (Thanks @Greybeard ) when it arrived and found it OK but not so smooth, therefore i completed a "Pyramid method" edge refresh to see how it went.
On todays shave result, it went well, much smoother than my first run out and up against the nice edge on the GD it delivered a really nice shave, even over the chin area. very happy with the way things are going.
Nothing from the Alum rub and a nice post shave leaving me with a DFS+ result and smelling pretty sporty.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

06/10/20

Razor: Rockwell Model T
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Dscosmetics 2B
Soap: Speick
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green

View attachment 60067

Super smooth shave with the Model T. Thank you @Tony'schin for a great razor! Lots of audible feedback and it feels great in the hand. This brush is growing on me. It seems to be softening up now after a few uses.
They are a pretty good razor Chris, i also like the audible soundtrack, it looks great in your pic, i must try harder with mine.
What setting did you go for?
T

Date:- 06 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Kaizen
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie Spoiler #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- YSL L'Homme

06/10/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: Erasmic Cream
Razor: 6/8 Gold Dollar / 6/8th Böker "Piccadilly"
Edge By: @Fergiebilly / @Tony'schin
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Pure Sport

View attachment 60068
I enjoyed that!,
Another test shave to check my edge, I tried the Böker (Thanks @Greybeard ) when it arrived and found it OK but not so smooth, therefore i completed a "Pyramid method" edge refresh to see how it went.
On todays shave result, it went well, much smoother than my first run out and up against the nice edge on the GD it delivered a really nice shave, even over the chin area. very happy with the way things are going.
Nothing from the Alum rub and a nice post shave leaving me with a DFS+ result and smelling pretty sporty.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Really glad the Piccadilly is working out well for you T(y)

A small nod to Gillette for the invention of DE safety blade, and my long-time favourite: the Nacet...

Software
: Glyce Lime soap pre-wash | TOBS Sandalwood shaving soap | Tabac Original AS

Hardware: Yaqi Heavy Metal | 1950's Gillette Ball-End Tech + Nacet blade

This afternoon's reminded how confident I am of having a comfortable shave every time I use a Nacet blade.
A relaxing shave in 2.5 passes:)

Nacet1.jpg

Have a great evening all(y);)

Chuesday Shave in Tabactober

Razor: Chinese Half-DE ‘Kamisori'
Blade: Personna Platinum 1/2
Brush: DIY M7 Boar 24mm
Soap&AS: Tabac

sotd_022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom