SOTD SATURDAY 31ST OCT to FRIDAY 6th NOV 2015

Second attempt with a feather,this time in Ikon short comb,still not happy (possibly a dud?), had to make a cleanup pass with a 3 use Voskhod.

Hot shower and flannel.
Catie's bubbles La Terre Verte.
Ikon open comb.
Feather (2), Voskhod (3).
Alum block, witch hazel.
Rock face moisturiser.

SOTD - Friday
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: First Canadian "Bay Rum & Lime"
Brush: M&F Chief, 26mm "Blonde" 2-band bulb
Razor: Schick dial adjustable (M15)
Blade: (NOS) Schick Injector Twin (11)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by Chesapeake Bay Spyce ASL

cq6AGR2l.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (1st)
Post #1: Fitjar Folgefonn Mint After Shave Balm
Post #2: Origins Multi-benefit Moisturizer
Scent: L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme by Guerlain

So glad this week is over. Bloody nightmare work wise!

Prep: Shower
Soap: Catie's Bubbles Le Piment de la Vie

Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Razor: Mekur HD
Blade: Super Thin
Aftershve: Speick

Weekend is here, feel a lot better for a shower and a shave. First time I've used the brush and soap, so far so good.

All the best

Kevin

SOTD%25252020151106%252520Fotor.jpg

Shower w/Tabac Shower Gel
Tabac Shaving Soap w/Body Shop Shaving Brush
Rotbart Mond-Extra & Zorrick Super Platinum (2)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Tabac Aftershave & EDC

Face Lathered
One Pass - WTG (Slide)

Tabacaday!

For too long have I been using other gear on a Friday. Friday is Tabac Day! Tabac Friday! Mandated.

Great fun!

Great fun, too, to be re-acquainted with the Body Shop brush. Thanks Danny/Shemen Zait. Highly under-rated, this brush has a good backbone which gives a wonderful scrubbing action, kinda like a synthetic boar.

Further fun with this Rotbart Mond-Extra, a razor which I think might well be the smoothest double edge razor out there. When I first came to traditional shaving, it was Dipesh who lent me a small handful of vintage to try out: Tech, I think, certainly a Super Speed (Red Tip) and a #77 which I did not understand the significance of at the time, enjoyed and then tried to get one. I never did. Recently, I saw this Rotbart and made an idle bid. I won. Wonderful! Wonderful shave, very smooth, close enough, certainly would be with two passes and really would be with one against the grain. Smooth.

SOTD%25252020151106%252520Fotor.jpg

Shower w/Tabac Shower Gel
Tabac Shaving Soap w/Body Shop Shaving Brush
Rotbart Mond-Extra & Zorrick Super Platinum (2)
Tabac Aftershave & EDC
One Pass - WTG (Slide)

Further fun with this Rotbart Mond-Extra, a razor which I think might well be the smoothest double edge razor out there. Recently, I saw this Rotbart and made an idle bid. I won. Wonderful! Wonderful shave, very smooth, close enough, certainly would be with two passes and really would be with one against the grain. Smooth.

Paul, sorta needs more cowbell (and Tabac),

Oh man, the alarms are going off. This razor must be a real special thing to use, being that (hehehe) smooth.

Sunday 8 November 2015

218037d1446985276-sun-november-08st-sat-november-14th-sotd-08112015.jpg

What a Luxury Shave!

A luxury shave! My pre-shave oil, my almond shaving soap, not to mention this Mastro Livi RWL34 razor and, to put the icing on the top of cake, Floïd the genuine, to me, the very best aftershave. Floïd has a special and refreshing touch, it cools your face like no other, giving a super smooth and velvety sensation on your skin. Not to mention its fragrance, something recalling to my memory when I was a kid and was going to the barber for a hair cut. This fragrance can still be smelt in some "old fashioned" barber shops here in Italy. The more I use my shaving soap, the more I love it and the more I think it is a magnificent shaving soap. I compared it "one to one" to many top notch shaving soaps and, in my opinion, mine is nothing less and in many cases it is even superior to most of them, from lathering to post shave. What else can I say about my Mastro Livi RWL34 straight razor? A superb and extraordinary shaver, a top notch performing razor giving a superior and impeccable shave.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Bristle 89
  • Bowl: Bamboo Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi RWL34, 15/16 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine

Back
Top Bottom