SOTD : Saturday 31st March - Friday 6th April 2018.

My first attempt at an illustrated SOTD - if I don't improve my photography skills fast it may be my last!

Today's shave has been brought to you mainly through the generosity of others - the brush and soap came from a @Shaving Station giveaway, and the razor was a gift from my brother. The only thing I had to pay for was the blade.

Brush:Omega S10083
Soap: Meißner Tremonia Wild Woods
Razor: Parker 99R
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (2)

Despite starting with an over-wet brush, the soap lathered up very quickly, and was lovely and slick. The scent is very masculine, perhaps more so than I would choose myself, but what lingers after the shave is very pleasant.

I don't always feel what this razor is doing even with canned goo, so with a proper soap it's like shaving with a cloud. Apart from the inevitable nick - I really need to raise my game with this one.

Happy (and safe!) shaving, everyone.

A fine photo, Sir.

Thursday 5th April

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
RazoRock Plague Doctor Soap
New Forest 2222 HMB Brush
Muhle Vintage OC with a Dorco Titan Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Nivea Skin Energy Double Action ASB
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal AS

The Muhle razor is a few years old and predates the current range of razors. It resembles an OC '1904' and by current standards looks a little 'rough and ready'....however it shaves well.

I had become accustomed to using Plague Doctor prior to a night shift, but broke tradition a few weeks ago. I am not superstitious.....BUT .....since then I have had a run of absolutely horrendous shifts. Today is an attempt to return some sort of balance!

Three passes and a small touch up for a fantastic shave. I shall finish it off with some Worth pour Homme EDT before I leave for work this evening.

We are not all natural photographers including myself so don't let that put you off posting pictures of your SOTD, besides I can't see much wrong with it! P. Keep at it!

Last edited:

Space Fan
Rocca & Nacet
Glacial Lemon Chill

Cracking one pass shave to neaten me up. Bloody chilly and bloody gorgeous, especially when coupled with a cold water shave! This soap will last me a decade - it's a regular tub with a refill soap atop it! Both are the new formulation, despite the older packaging!

Awesome!