SOTD: Saturday 30th November- Friday 6th December 2019.

Tuesday evening

OSP Barbershop
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
PAL Injectomatic
Schick Proline B
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine American Blend after shave

A very nice shave tonight; back to one of my favourite SEs after some forays into DE land. I always like the feeling of shaving with injector type razors. I'm glad I have plenty of my five OSP soaps left and can only hope that James decides to return to production.
09C2661C-0F30-43D5-9BF7-8BA1423DDED6.jpeg

Come forward you merry gentlemen for I bring forthwith my shave with the theme 'listen to the monkey. L i s t e n t o t h e m o n k e y'

IMG_20191203_180957.jpg

Razor monkey - Brass Hone with long handle
Blade monkey - Feather
Brush monkey - Cadman in carbon fibre
Cream monkey - OSP Chypre (throw in a few curses while on the subject of OSP)
Smelly monkey - Brut aftershave

L i s t e n t o t h e m o n k e y

My advise from a very wise and well known monkey when I first bought the Hone was, use a Feather and ride the cap. After coming to the realisation he was not talking sexual innuendos here I followed his words of wisdom, used a Feather and rode the cap. Brilliant. This monkey gone to heaven.

So in my infinite knowledge, this evening I said 'Bollocks to the monkey' and went the way of the one blade does it all, Polsilver Lodz. What a bloody crap move that was. A dreadful start followed by an equally dreadful shaving experience. 'Mmmmmm?'........

Listen to the monkey. L i s t e n t o t h e m o n k e y

Not to waste the Polsilver, in to an Ikon it went and in exchange a Feather popped in to the Hone. Ahhhhhhhh shaving heaven. This brass Hone really is the dogs danglies. @Rob998 said it looked a bit like a futur, maybe, possibly, no it doesn't and whereas the Futur is an awkward lump to throw around this dances around the face in poetic motion. Absolute heaven and all minus the fear factor. Three passes to a shave smoother than Errol Flynn playing the piano for the ladies.

The OSP is perhaps getting past its usefulness and it doesn't exactly lather easily with a slightly stiff and oily characteristic about it. Usable in a 'living on borrowed time' kind of way. Not much left to go and soon to make an appearance on 'Finished' and at which point I shall pay @OSP a friendly visit.......even if I do have if my wife has a few of his creams left which perform superbly. She would have.

The Brut was a cheap purchase today from Home Bargains. What has happened to the offensive Brut I remember from all those years ago, when Henry was the man and Brut was the new way to clear a room? This is actually very acceptable if not being a bit watered down from when I was a young lad. £2.99 worth of freshness though and a happy buy even if my good lady missed this one in the trolley. She thinks I'm a shit, but I can live with that.

At the end of the shave all I can say is @Blademonkey is the knowledge and may be once in a while I should listen to the monkey.

Monkey Gone to Heaven? The Pixies? Okay then

Come forward you merry gentlemen for I bring forthwith my shave with the theme 'listen to the monkey. L i s t e n t o t h e m o n k e y'

View attachment 49512

Blade monkey - Feather

My advise from a very wise and well known monkey when I first bought the Hone was, use a Feather and ride the cap. After coming to the realisation he was not talking sexual innuendos here I followed his words of wisdom, used a Feather and rode the cap. Brilliant. This monkey gone to heaven.

So in my infinite knowledge, this evening I said 'Bollocks to the monkey' and went the way of the one blade does it all, Polsilver Lodz. What a bloody crap move that was. A dreadful start followed by an equally dreadful shaving experience. 'Mmmmmm?'........

Not to waste the Polsilver, in to an Ikon it went and in exchange a Feather popped in to the Hone. Ahhhhhhhh shaving heaven. This brass Hone really is the dogs danglies. @Rob998 said it looked a bit like a futur, maybe, possibly, no it doesn't and whereas the Futur is an awkward lump to throw around this dances around the face in poetic motion. Absolute heaven and all minus the fear factor. Three passes to a shave smoother than Errol Flynn playing the piano for the ladies.

The OSP is perhaps getting past its usefulness and it doesn't exactly lather easily with a slightly stiff and oily characteristic about it. Usable in a 'living on borrowed time' kind of way. Not much left to go and soon to make an appearance on 'Finished' and at which point I shall pay @OSP a friendly visit.......even if I do have if my wife has a few of his creams left which perform superbly. She would have.

The Brut was a cheap purchase today from Home Bargains. What has happened to the offensive Brut I remember from all those years ago, when Henry was the man and Brut was the new way to clear a room? This is actually very acceptable if not being a bit watered down from when I was a young lad. £2.99 worth of freshness though and a happy buy even if my good lady missed this one in the trolley. She thinks I'm a shit, but I can live with that.

At the end of the shave all I can say is @Blademonkey is the knowledge and may be once in a while I should listen to the monkey.

Wise words.....and this time after watching your attached videos......I didn't have to check the vice squad were not sitting outside!

Today's shave

Hoffritz Slant
Gillette silver Blue Blades
Yaqi 26mm mysterious space Synthetic Brush
Cella shaving soap
Blue Stratos Aftershave Splash

Results BSS WTG

I was thinking to myself this is a nice mildish razor, letting my mind wonder on the first outing with this slant and enjoying the experience, and it bit me o_O the little F@#KER. The next outing I'll be more diligent, I've waited for a long time to get a Hoffritz Slant, and the irony I shaved with my 39c 2 day's ago without a scratch. :censored:

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Thäter Fünf TSN LE
Soap: Tabac Original
Razor: Hone Type 15
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome
AS: Tabac Original

SOTD_20191203.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

View attachment 49512

Blade monkey - Feather

Always listen to your inner monkey! ;) P.

Date:- 04 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Fougere Angelique (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock MJ-90A / Gillette Silver Blue #5
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- YSL L'Homme

Back
Top Bottom