SOTD : Saturday 30th May - Friday 05th June 2020

This shave carried with it the theme 'Leave it to Beaver'

View attachment 55109

Beaver cleaver - Stainless Colonial General
Busy beaver - Schick Proline
Beaver brush (but not a beaver brush) - Yaqi Dandelion
Beaver cream (?) - Gentleman's Tonic
Eager beaver - Faena aftershave balm

So a beavering away type of shave and this past week as seen much the same gear in action as I am stuck on the boat for another 2 weeks and so limited.

During this past week away my son developed Covid-19 which threw our world in to turmoil and worry. It did mean I couldn't go home as I would have had to isolate for 14 days so the company decided it would be better I stay onboard.

Very happy to say he has improved no end and back at his own place but I still remain here as my wife is now isolating. Everyone is good and that is all I care about.

I popped over to see my wife this morning to have a garden gate natter just as the postie turned up with my Enoch so at least I do have something new to play with.

So a super beaver smooth shave and a happier day than this past week.

Be well one and all and enjoy this beautiful weather and the weekend. I know I shall.

Dam these beavers but I give you another type of beaver to sign off on. Those pretty Japanese ladies, Otoboke Beaver

My best wishes to your son for a full and speedy recovery.
Extend those best wishes to yourself and the rest of the family too.
Cheers
Phil

Sun 31st SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Bowl Plastic Yogurt
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Parker Semi Slant
Blade Gillette Nacet 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Good lather and pleasurable application with the brush. Shave with this slant paired with blade not as smooth compare to yesterday's RR Slant. 1st wtg pass was nice but the next 2 xtg & atg passes resulted in some weepers and irritation. Very close though, between BBS and DFS. Haven't use an alum for 2 months so tried it and man...stings and red irritations! Ice water & Thayers calms it down. Hyaluronic softens further and refresh with just a light dab of AV Ice Blue. Rating 8/10.
Yesterday's RR German 37 Slant feels smoother.
20200531_105440.jpg
20200531_112804.jpg

I thought I'd post a picture here.... I'm a lousy photographer though :giggle:

I needed something fresh for today and Lemon Chill seemed like a good choice.
Razor: ATT S1 on a SS calypso handle.
Brush: Shavemac 2band fan Silvertip
Soap and After Shave: Stirling Lemon Chill
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Pre shave: cold water.

Another enjoyable shave (y)

Enjoy your Sunday guys and stay safe.

20200531_112456.jpg

Sun 31st May

RR 400.SE-Plissoft noir
Arko stick-grated
Occams -Hiram Cdr. / No3 plate
Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Though I rather enjoy using this Razor, I would not choose it for a special occasion Shave. However, ideal today for a quick relaxed Shave with a more than acceptable close finish.

IMG_0767.jpg

Soap: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.​

I still have my Wilko shave soap. Every few years when I think my lathering technique has improved I'd get it out and try a lather. It just doesn't happen for me. I should give it another go really. Been a few years.

___________________________________________________________​

Sandalwood Sunday

Pre - Face wash
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - New Forest Brush
Razor - Murker 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (4)
Post - Alum followed by moisturiser with SPF

I nice comfortable two pass shave with a third just doing the pick ups.

Happy Sunday to you all.

IMG_7678.jpg

31/05/20
COLD WATER SHAVE
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (6)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old spice Original
View attachment 55144
I decided to try a cold water shave today, my 1st attempt i did not enjoy so much, as i did not get a close finish.
My technique must have improved since then as i really enjoyed that, i completed a face lather which worked really well, i just dampened the face and worked up a nice lather. The CH2 synth holding enough for the shave.
I did notice that the Audio feedback was a bit louder and the Sabre just did its job, with remarkable, comfortable efficiency.
2 passes, WTG and a Mixed pass leaving me BBS, a cold splash, rub of witch hazel and the post shave skin feel is very very nice.
Finishing off the post shave with the Barts Balm lotion and balm then a splash of Old Spice.
I am smooth, comfortable and smelling good.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All
Mate -
or

An interesting shop - all sorts of innovative solutions - to problems that don't really exist - tempting, none the less - ha ha - I.

Sunday's Shave

Preshave: African Black Soap
Razor: General Stainless
Blade: Schick P30
Brush: Grizzly Bay 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: Signature Soaps wonderful Britannia (Although the aniseed reminds me of France :) )
Balm: Bart's Peppermint
Splash: Skin Bracer
EDT: X Bolt from Lidl

Last run with the General before I return her to her rightful owner , a lovely razor

20200531_123121 2.jpg

Themed 'The road to shaving Zen' this shave saw the first outing for the Occams Enoch.

IMG_20200530_214424.jpg

Sati - Occams Enoch
Viriya - Schick Proline
Passaddhi - Yaqi Dandelion
Samadhi - Faena Skinos
Upekkha - Faena aftershave balm

I find Enoch such a strange name for a razor. Enoch? Why not something a little more in vogue like...........Vladimir or Donald? Thinking down the ideology of sharp objects the Enoch will now be referred to as 'Vlad the razor'. Better than Donald which conjures up ducks and............ ducks. I can't tell the difference.

So a first time out for Vlad and the first notable thing is it is all slim and slender (unlike its owner) and yet manages to carry a fair bit of weight (more like its owner). The head is very slim and as most the reviews say it is not that different to the Cobra. I guess in my hands the handle could have done to be a bit on the larger size, but hey, you can't have everything.

Loading the blade is a bit of an arse, but not rocket science, just fiddly. In this case a Proline as I don't have any other choice. Secure enough though and so can't complain unlike the Cobra which I was never quite sure about when I had one on loan.

A soap which is gaining my respect and a brush which has already gained my respect provide a superb medium for a blade to do its work.

And away we go

Fuck fuck fuck. No damage but this thing is telling me try a different angle before we get in to the realms of muttering even more fucks. A bit of trial and error and soon found where it needed to be as against to not where I thought it should be. I don't think a new Proline was the best choice and as always I find 'first time out the pack' SE blades to be on the angrier side of life. Seemed safer to let this one clog for a while which helped soften the blow.

Once I'd tamed this bugger my shaving life came in to focus. I went the way of 'with' and 'against' and after initial WTF? thoughts it delivered one excellent comfortable shave.

It is a razor which demands your full respect as it is up front and not shy from possible impaling if you don't. It is a Vlad after all.

A cheek rub just to make sure it had done its task, a massage of the Faena aftershave balm and this was a quality shave. So smooth that old Mrs Gibbons rode as fast as she could to the village to spread the good word. Vlad was indeed a fine man.

Forum folk. Have a great week ahead and be safe and well in every way.

It's those Band Maid girls.....

Last edited:
Sunday's Shave

Preshave: African Black Soap
Razor: General Stainless
Blade: Schick P30
Brush: Grizzly Bay 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: Signature Soaps wonderful Britannia (Although the aniseed reminds me of France :) )
Balm: Bart's Peppermint
Splash: Skin Bracer
EDT: X Bolt from Lidl

Last run with the General before I return her to her rightful owner , a lovely razor

View attachment 55159

May be you'd like to loan the brass version

Mate -
or

An interesting shop - all sorts of innovative solutions - to problems that don't really exist - tempting, none the less - ha ha - I.
My homemade version is a Stainless Centrifuge and an Abacus.
Screenshot_20200531-144314_Gallery.jpg

I find Enoch such a strange name for a razor. Enoch?
Fair question - from what you say about the razor - a reference to Enoch Powell's most famous speech?

'as I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see the River Tiber foaming with much blood.'

He was referencing Virgil - and the river - in your case - would be the Mersey. Ha ha ha - I.

Back
Top Bottom