SOTD : Saturday 30th May - Friday 05th June 2020

This shave carried with it the theme 'Leave it to Beaver'

Beaver cleaver - Stainless Colonial General
Busy beaver - Schick Proline
Beaver brush (but not a beaver brush) - Yaqi Dandelion
Beaver cream (?) - Gentleman's Tonic
Eager beaver - Faena aftershave balm

So a beavering away type of shave and this past week as seen much the same gear in action as I am stuck on the boat for another 2 weeks and so limited.

During this past week away my son developed Covid-19 which threw our world in to turmoil and worry. It did mean I couldn't go home as I would have had to isolate for 14 days so the company decided it would be better I stay onboard.

Very happy to say he has improved no end and back at his own place but I still remain here as my wife is now isolating. Everyone is good and that is all I care about.

I popped over to see my wife this morning to have a garden gate natter just as the postie turned up with my Enoch so at least I do have something new to play with.

So a super beaver smooth shave and a happier day than this past week.

https://giphy.com/yoJC2rVA4AYo37814Q
Be well one and all and enjoy this beautiful weather and the weekend. I know I shall.

Dam these beavers but I give you another type of beaver to sign off on. Those pretty Japanese ladies, Otoboke Beaver

Last edited:
30/05/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Duke 2
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Gillette Techmatic / Rex Ambassador 2.75
Blade: GSB (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash,
Balm: Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old spice Pure Sport

OK Today i decided to "Take 1 for the team" and try out this thing of a Gillette Techmatic, It was cleaned and prepped last week and i completed a bit research but still had no idea what to expect, As Back-up i had the Wonderful Rex ready to go.
I was a bit enthusiastic with the amount of cream i put in the little Turkish bowl and once the little Duke 2 started on it i found it difficult to keep it in there, i had enough for 2 or 3 full shaves. Plonker.
Anyway, With the razor set to Lo, using a technique i use with any new razor where i start with the handle at 45* then slowly drop the handle until i hit stubble, the angle i found was quite open around 30*. i then opened the blade up to the next notch between Lo and Med.
I completed a no issue WTG pass. no real blade feel although it did seem to struggle in my more stubborn areas.
That's enough of that. I will use it again soon.
Up steps the REX to complete the Job, XTG and ATG for a BBS finish,
Oh forgot to mention, Out of the blade dispenser came a GSB, 1st time use. Pretty good so far, (just traded a 100 pack of these, thanks @anotheruser)
Dice idea for blade use nicked from @churchilllafemme until i think of something else, i do love the idea of it and i hope you dont mind (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ).
BBS, comfortable & smelling pretty sporty
Stay safe & enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Hope you son is soon recovered Chris , and that your time on board flys by and you can return home. My warmest wishes to you all

Last edited:
Sat 30th May

Omega 1126 boar
P & B Spitfire
RR S/S Hawk V3-OC
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

A Serious Saturday Shave. This Version of the Hawk is not one you would want to use after a Heavy Friday Night out. However, if you are prepared to concentrate and use the lightest of touches, you are rewarded with a supremely close all round Shave. This Razor gets better and better, I look forward to trying it out with a guarded base plate.

Scary time Chris, hope your self isolation goes quickly and glad your Son came through.
I dont think people realise that we really are not out of the woods.
T

Wishingoh your son a full and speedy recovery

Best reply ever. Thanks I've just had it stuffed.. I was laughing before the clip even started.
Hope your son is well and recovers quickly.

Sotd - Saturday the 30th of May

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Gillette Slim (3)
blade - Nacet (Crocodile Rock - 5)
soap - OSP - Bay Rum
brush - Vie-Long - unbleached horse fan
post - witch hazel
a/s - A&E - St Barts
balm - Arran - Bay Citrus
scent - Bay Rum splash.

Result - Great, this soap smells divine and the usual stellar OSP performance. All good - cheers - I.

@Satanfriendly - not good news mate - as someone else pointed out - we ain't out the woods yet. Best wishes to you and yours.

Today's SOTD sponsored by “Saturday” my favourite word in the whole weekly vocabulary! Today's razor the Colonial General SS SE. I love this razor and it is easily one of the best shavers I own.

B&M Tuesday is a lovely lavender and violet blend and it is pretty spectacular scent wise. I could use this one and Seville exclusively and be quite happy.

Beautiful three pass BBS shave! Ahhhh, Saturday how I love you! Enjoy the weeks, check in with your family and enjoy your shaves. Stay safe!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Kai Captain Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: Barrister & Mann Tuesday
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Tuesday
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Gucci Pour Homme

I don't mind at all. I really don't need to use my antique dice, since I have a written schedule, but I enjoy looking at them.