SOTD : Saturday 30th March - Friday 5th April. 2019.

Date: 01 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Chypre Rose Concerto Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra #6
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Prep: DR Harris Shampoo bar
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Lea stick
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Super Iridium (Polish) (3)
Scent: DR Harris Arlington

Final mine site Donga shave with the same set up. The work has gone well, but I am glad to get out of the oppressive heat and humidity.
Now that I've sussed that the water is hard, I'm nutting out a better method to lather to compensate. I am loading about twice as much soap as usual from the stick to my face, and also applying soap between each pass. Much improved, but I'm glad I don't have to shave with this water all the time.
I was on the third pass (ATG), and met with significant resistance on my neck, where my bristles are coarsest. I was confused, as this had not happened in the previous two shaves, and there was plenty of life left in the blade. Then it hit me - I had forgotten to apply pre-shave emulsion, which is a standard stage in my normal routine. Goes to show, at least for me, that a pre-shave product enhances my shave.

Warm Shower - Bulldog Original Face Wash, Bulldog Original Face Scrub

Cold water from tap
KOS Pre shave oil
Musgo Real Lavender Shaving Cream
Clubman Pinaud Synthetic Brush

Edwin Jagger DE87
Bolzano Superinox (3)

Osma Alum Block
Fine Italian Citrus AS
Barts Balm Bergamot ASB

1 April

Martin de Candre original
Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Ikon B1 OSS
Feather Hi-stainless
Clinique post-shave soother
Chanel Bleu

Very pleasant, close, two pass shave with the ikon OSS. It is without a doubt similar in shave and post shave feel to my Feather AS-D1, a fantastic razor.

Monday 1st April
1924 Patent anniversary
Heno de Pravia Glycerine soap pre-shave - Jayaruh #289 - Vintage Old Spice - Ever Ready 1924 - Gem SSC #6 - Alum - Irisch Moos A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream

Acquired this 1924 a couple of weeks ago. It's an earlier model with the longer pillar. It shaves beautifully, and is very nimble and efficient. Also accompanied by its fabulous audio feedback.
A great celebration to the 'Shovelhead'

Mon 1st April

Jayaruh No 67
Cyril Salter Solid soap
ER 1924 & Windrose handle
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Massimo Dutti A/S lotion

I think I may have settled on a modern handle for my ER 1924 after trying a few. The extra length IMHO makes it quite modern looking, but also it handles real nicely during a Shave as well as being very efficient. A really enjoyable Shave this morning, with the added bonus of getting a nice close finish.