SOTD : Saturday 30th June - Friday 6th July 2018

SOTD Thursday 05 July 2018

Was in a hurry this morning - went for the same shave set-up as Wednesday, with tw0 minor changes.

Pre-shave: Warm shower; Wright's Cold Tar Soap, followed by the Gentleman's Groom Room Shave Prep +
Cream: Kiehl's Lite Flight.
Brush: Omega Hi Synthetic.
Bowl: Aesop.
Razor: Blackland Sabre Gem v1.0.
Blade: GEM PTFE (Day 4).
Post: Musgo Lavender Cologne and Body Shop Aloe Vera Gel.

A 2 pass shave with no issues, a DFS being the end result. I forgot how good the Gentleman's Groom Room Shave Prep + is, I appreciate that YMMV. Excellent glide and skin protection; crisp smell of lavender and orange :)

Looking forward to the World Cup games this weekend; hoping that England are still in the competition, come next week. SWMBO keeps asking when the final is - must be getting fed up :)

All the best,

Chris

image.jpg~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valbora Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1912 fitted with a Darwin type SS handle
Blade ~ Cru Steel - Star Stropping blade
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann ~ Night Music
Brush ~ YaQi Moka Mew Brown Synthetic
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ Thayers rose Petal / Jojoba oil
Scent ~ Roses Vanille ~ Mancera, Paris

The scent from this soap is almost intoxicating, an exotic blend of Vanilla, Bergamont , musk, Iris and Strawberry. Now this will not be everyone's cup of tea but I love it.
The 1912 was fitted out with a Star stropping blade which I feel work well in these vintage razors and I think they have the edge over the Gem blades being just as sharp but smoother with the added advantage of lasting for eons with a good strop between shaves, I use a Stropping tool with a paddle strop and can get a real keen edge on these type of blades.
The YaQi synthetic whipped up a good stiff lather in no time and being synthetic I did not need to worry about the natrual vanilla staining my brush, my only reason for having one to be honest but I've got to say it is a nice brush.
The shave was great, the Star blade just mowing through the stubble and I was left with a BBS finnish with no irritation just smooth skin.
After my post shave routine was over I sprayed a little of the Roses Vanille here and there, very nice indeed, again, probably not everyone's cup of tea but I like it and that's all that should matter :)

Wishing you good people a great day..P.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 6
SOTD 06/07/18

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum 6th use
Brush: Vulfix Super Badger
Cream: D R Harris Arlington
Post: warm water, cold water, Thayers Unscented, D R Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk, D R Harris Freshening Cologne

WP_20180705_20_13_24_Pro (2).jpg

My favourite razor and blade combination. One of my favourite creams so couldn't resist the aftershave milk when I saw it on BST. Thanks to Tony @Mr. Blonde for the aftershave milk. :)

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Alvarez Gomez Barberia Shaving Cream
Omega 10098 Boar
Little Wren Pottery
ATT Calypso SE1
Proline (4)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
OSP Lemon and Cedarwood Aftershave Tonic
Alvarez Gomez Barberia EDC

Well that was good. So refreshing after a rather uncomfortably humid night. Have a great day gents.

1530857868115.jpeg

Brush: Frank Shaving 20mm Best Badger
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Sanskrit (sample)
Razor: Rapira
Blade: Trig (4)

I often think the Rapira razor is a bit like a Caterham car - inexpensive, lightweight, but with great performance, and capable of hurting you really badly if you lose concentration for a second.

Fortunately I was alert enough this morning. A lovely shave despite me not picking up quite as much soap as I'd have liked (this sample is beginning to run really low). I'm siting here stroking my chin and marvelling at its smoothness.

Happy shaving.

Friday 6th July

Pears Glycerine Soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Preshave Cream
Lea Menthol Cream
Yaqi Mysterious Space 26mm Tuxedo Brush
Turkish Copper Bowl
Yintal 'Bronze' with a Wilkinson/Gillette Blade
Alum Block, Rinse and Thayers Original Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Williams Aqua Velva AS
Iceberg Twice EDT

A lovely shave this morning...from a razor which I bought ....just to get the handle!
Three passes for a great BBS shave:)

Last edited:
SOTD 06/07/18

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum 6th use
Brush: Vulfix Super Badger
Cream: D R Harris Arlington
Post: warm water, cold water, Thayers Unscented, D R Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk, D R Harris Freshening Cologne

View attachment 36802

My favourite razor and blade combination. One of my favourite creams so couldn't resist the aftershave milk when I saw it on BST. Thanks to Tony @Mr. Blonde for the aftershave milk. :)
My first proper DE razor, when starting out. Smooth and efficient. One that I go back to frequently for nostalgia. The Astra SP works for me, too.

~ SOTD Friday 6th july 2018 ~

Razor - Fatip Testina Gentile
Blade - Bolzano Superinox
Brush - Omega 10048
Soap - Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Post - Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Aftershave - Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
tuxpi.com.1530861922.jpg

Have a Great Day Shavers :)

MwU9OaL.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2)
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Back
Top Bottom