SOTD: Saturday 3 February - Friday 9 February 2024.

first time using the legendary Mitchells wool fat. it came to me as a sample from a pif by @exists. thank you sir, just now getting to using it for fat February.

grated the sample and melted it into a shallow ceramic bowl and loaded up using all familiar gear otherwise. It gave me a really dense lather and quite a different post feel. it leaves a layer of fat behind on everything after rinsing. it didn't take much soap to create a lot of lather either. I've always heard it's tricky to lather but I didn't have any problems or do anything special. we do have soft water and I think this is a known good batch

pretty good all round so far and I'll be using it till it finishes. maybe it'll see me through February.

3/2/24

Pre - MWF bath soap
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere 22mm
Soap - Tallow Kent/MWF
Razor/Blade 1 - ER 1912/Personna
Razor/Blade 2 - Tech/Kleen Shave
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Menthol

My first shave for FAT FEBRUARY. Ah the glorious FAT, with it's lanolin leaves my chubby face feeling fantastic. Superb lather.
I had about 4 or 5 days worth of growth and the 1912 mowed it down beautifully, and the Tech for the second pass.

Great shave.

Razor = Muhle R41
Blade = Vintage Polsilver ( 1 ) Polish
Brush = Kent AP4 in Pure Badger
Soap = Vintage Scottish Fine Soaps
Splash = Gillette Blue
Balm = Gillette Post Shave Balm

Well Another Fat shave but this one wasn’t the best
Possible one of the worst shaves iv had in recent times.
My fault thought it was a crap razor / Blade combo.
Never in a million years should i have paired this blade with this razor but there you go we all do silly things at times.
I like this razor a lot & i like this blade but they didn’t go today. The first stroke to the last was very tuggy but i was determined to see it out.
On the bright side the soap is first class

The Fat forgives bad shaves.

What is the Gillette Blue aftershave like? Is a marine style scent?

Brill! All together, now: "One of us! One of us! One of us!"

SOTD 20240203
Prep: Tüff Vor der Rasur
Bowl: Zenith by Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Thäter 4125-4 2-Band Fan
Soap: Abate y la Mantia Urash
Razor: Blackbird TI SB 101 mm handle
Blade: Voskhod
AS: Tüff Rasierwasser
AS: Abate y la Mantia Urash

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:

Is that the Akcay I sent you?

Is that the Akcay I sent you?
It is! It's getting towards the end now but I do have a 500ml of Birsen, which I am (now) pretty sure is the same stuff ... although I do get a slightly oudhy twang from the Birsen which I don't in the Akcay. I do like strongly alcoholic splashes for aftershave and these colognes give that in abundance.

Ah ok. Give me a shout if you want me to pick up another bottle of the Akcay if you like.