SOTD : Saturday 2nd - Friday 8th February 2019.

5 February

PPA Harvest Moon
Semogue 1250 boar
Rockwell 6S plate R4
Rockwell Razors Swedish steel
Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
Dior Sauvage

The Rockwell razor continues to impress with effortless, close shaves, and the Semogue brush produced enough lather for a good two pass shave. Perhaps my boar brushes are breaking me in, rather than the other way around.

Tuesday 5th February

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft Black Barbershop
Soap - Valobra Menthol Croap
Razor - Wardonia/Souplex Bakelite
Blade - Personna Red
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - RSC
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

First time using the bakelite razor I picked up in a travel kit from Ebay and it's a truly wonderful razor, very smooth and more efficient than I expected. I can already tell it could be one of my favourite razors over the future.

Tue 5th Feb
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
PAA Starling
Gem S/S ( 2 )
Tuff Green A/S lotion

My fourth and best Shave with the Starling.Feels quite aggressive but not as efficient as the Micromatics, produces a finish similar to that attained with an HFT. Not a bad Shave greatly helped along by the superb creamy lather that the Vitos produces.

Last edited:
Tuesday evening

Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm Silvertip synth
Soap - Cyril R. Salter Tallow
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 Streamline
Blade - Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
After shave - Speick

A shave and a half tonight. My prized Streamline really gives a tremendous performance. I'm also continually impressed by the Salter soap; it gives slickness, glide and protection that you'd expect from a soap 2-3 times the cost.

Rounded off with the Speick, which brought everything to an incredibly smooth and highly polished finish.

Last edited:
SOTD Tuesday 05 Febuary 2019

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Kiehl's Ultra Face Cleanser, followed by cold water splash and Castle Forbes Pre-shave.
Cream: Kiehl's Lite Flite Shave Cream.
Brush: Shavemac ' The Flat Top' Slivertip.
Bowl: Giles Shaving Co - Spotty Pedstal Wet Shaving Bowl.
Razor: Blackland Vector.
Blade: Kai Captain (Pink) Mild (4).
Post: Cold water, OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol Splash, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera gel.

First run out with the Giles Shaving Co bowl; very impressed, helped to whip a very good lather

A lovely 2 pass shave, WTG, XTG face with WTG and ATG on the neck - DFS+ finish, no issues to report, the post shave tingle from the OSP splash reinforced what a good shave I had.

Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to post over the weekend; I shaved with Executive Shaving Fuar Ach Snog Pre-shave Oil and the Fuar Ach Snog Shave Cream. I was impressed, especially with the shave cream - excellent protection, lubrication and glide. However, I was unsure on the scent - 'minty' toothpaste - as ever YMMV

All the best,

Chris

Prep: Face wash with Pears soap
Pre: Proraso Sensitive Preshave
Brush: Traditional Shaving Company Pure Badger
Soap: P&B Pall Mall
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 Kelvin
Blade: Personna Red (1)
ASL: Duru Lemon
ASB: Barts Lime Oil balm

Really good shave this evening. Nice new blade, smooth but sharp. The P&B soap is fantastic. Lovely thick lather gave lots of protection which really helps for a daily shave.

Finished the shave with a splash of my favourite Duru Lemon Turkish cologne and a dab of Barts brilliant Lime Oil balm.

Have a good evening.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited: