SOTD: Saturday 29th September - Friday 5th October 2018.

~SOTD~ October 2nd

Prep ~ Shower, Lavender Glycerin Soap
Razor ~ Blackland Blackbird
Blade ~ Personna Super Platinium Chrome
Brush ~ Zennith 28mm Manchurian
Soap ~ London Oatcake Soap ~ Lavender Melt
Post ~ Thayers
Scent ~ L'Occitane Edt

A fantastic shave with my favourite DE razor to date and the latest soap from London Oatcake Shaving Soap, Lavender Melt.
Shaves can't get much better!

P.

Last edited:
Great to have you back, Paul - you've been missed, my friend!

Cracking read, Iain.
The plot is thickening nicely. I look forward to hearing more on the fortunes of your adroitly drawn characters.
I know one thing - I'd not be trusting any Jokers that hang around the Epping Forest and are domiciled in Hornbeam Lane.

Tuesday 2nd October 2018

Pre shave: Warm shower and Nivea face wash + Noxzema Shave Cream
Razor: iKon 103
Blade: NOS Gillette Stainless - Czech Republic (#2)
Soap: Musgo Real - Oak Moss cream
Brush: Mason Pearson Super Badger
Bowl: Korium
Post shave: Alum block, cold water splash and Thayer's Cucumber witch hazel
AS: Lab Series Balm

SOTD Monday 02 October 2018

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap followed by warm water splash.
Cream: OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol.
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery.
Razor: Karve - C Plate.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Day 1).

I added far to much water when building the lather - it was just about passable for the first pass; useless for the second pass. I did not have time to start again and build a propper lather.

This is the first shave with the Karve loaded with my favourite blade: the Silver Blue . Very smooth and efficient shave; no issues with the first pass - minor weepers with the second, as the lather was useless - totally my fault.

The weepers went after a few splashes of cold water; more burn than usual when the splash was applied - a timely reminder that preperation can be everything

The Karve with a C plate and a decent blade for me is a good daily driver - 2 passes gave more than a decent shave.

All the best,

Chris

Tuesday 2nd October

BBA Shave Cream
RazoRock 400
FatIp Piccolo
Old English Wilkinson Sword blade (1)
Pre De Provence No63 Balm
Yardley 1770 EdT

Irritation and a small nick on the neck marred an otherwise good shave - sloppy technique on my second use of the Piccolo.
The balm aided recovery and compliments my choice of EdT quite well.

02/10/2018

Took a risk for tonight's shave and went with three new products.

Today I took delivery of the Vitos pre-shave cream, extra super coco shaving soap and tobacco after shave, amongst other new items to add to the shave den.

Heard very good reviews of the Vitos products overall and they are extremely cheap.

1. Warm water face wash with exfoliate.
2. Hot towel treatment.
3. Vitos pre-shave cream.
4. Vitos extra super coco face lathered with a Semogue 1305 boar brush.
5. iKon Tech with a perma sharp blade on its fourth use.
6. Cold rinse.
7. Vitos tobacco aftershave.
8. Wickham's 1912 aftershave balm (unscented)

I was extremely pleased with the performance of the Vitos products. If subsequent shaves are the same, they will definetly be included in usual product rotation.

Got a nice but not overly powerful hit of menthol from the pre-shave cream.

The soap was very easy to lather and provided plenty of slickness and protection.

The aftershave is not too strong which I like since I shave at night before bed. I was pleasantly surprised at how moisturising it was despite having a high alcohol content (1st listed ingredient). I felt like I could get away with no balm, but decided to use some to be on the safe side.