SOTD: Saturday 28th December 2019 - Friday 4th January 2020.

Saturday AM 2019-12-28

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (33/52)
Floris Elite shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.80/UFO Colibri
Wilkinson London Bridge (12)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)
MXeotxl.jpg

Saturday, 28 December 2019

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: OSP Vintage
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Polsilver s i (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

A new week, a new blade for todays shave, and it was a nice one. It was a three-pass bbs one. Enjoy the holiday weekend, folks.

Well time to try out some new stuff! The Karve CB has been sitting and waiting to be used so today was the the day. Fortunate to have some SB and OC plates but today, with a few days growth I went for the C SB plate. Loaded up with an Astra SS which are quite good for me.

Today's cream comes by way of the Boxing Day sales out Niagara way. Have read good reviews but never really pulled the trigger. At 40% off I ran out of excuses and it came home with the matching AS gel! Just a small scoop in my new lather bowl is all that was needed for the Simpson 59 to whip up a ton of lather. I am sure the Spanish artisan that created the beautiful bowl wasn't thinking some whack job into traditional wet shaving would use it for such a purpose but it has a lovely textured pattern on the inside that works the charm. Oh well, deal with it because I bought another as a back up!!

A lovely smooth as you like two pass BBS shave achieved! The Karve is fantastic and with the C plate, provided a very close and effortless shave. Great soap, AS, razor...great day!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson 59
Lather: Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe
Aftershave: Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Anoru Ceramic Bowl
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale
75DBCB60-6AEE-4645-9367-3A073A892605.jpegD49646B5-8329-4818-8AAF-D98FEAA7523E.jpeg

Last edited:

SOTD : 29th December 2019.

b.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(2)

Razor: 1940's Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (Thin Handle)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ASL.

Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave..

It's been a while since i last used my vintage flat bottom tech i had all intentions of using my vintage gillette slim twist,but changed my mind at the last minute when i realised i hadn't used the flat bottom tech in ages....What i personally like about the gillette tech is they are such smooth shavers, especially the earlier models, i couldn't pick my favourite,among them, because each and everyone that i have is a joy to shave with.However the 40's & 50's models i find are slightly more assertive with the right blade choice.

The williams mug shaving soap provided a slick protective lather..My fondness for this inxpensive shaving soap grows with each shave..The post shave feel it delivers is superb.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your last sunday of 2019,Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

29/12/2019

Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Valet VC3 (GB)
Blade: Feather FHS - 10 (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Superdrug AS Balm
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

PC280011.jpg

3rd outing for the Feather FHS-10, it has most definitely lost its smoothness and i can understand shavers with a heavier hair growth would struggle with it. I could definitely feel it on my more stubborn whiskers.
I completed 3 passes then some buffing & touch up.
I have ended up with a socially Acceptable finish, it looks OK to the eye, however, there is a light roughness to my more stubborn areas, i suppose in the 40's and 50's it would be more than adequate.
I was expecting some indications from the block, alas, Nothing.
A good dollop of the Superdrug balm and a splash of Old Spice to finish.
I am not sure if i will go again with the blade? 3 shaves is OK for now.
I may get the file out once the pack of 10 blades have gone to remove the outer pins then try a de-spined GEM in there as the razor itself is a very smooth shaver which i have enjoyed using.
So a SAS finish, feeling comfortable and smelling Good.
I am out tonight and may need another Pass with a newer razor for that, i will see how it goes.
I am ready for a nice Sunday walk and my visit with the Mothership.
Have a Great day All.

Sunday 29th December

Clubman Shave Butter (Pre Shave)
P&B Imperial Rum Shaving Soap
Vulfix 'The Strand' Badger Brush
Ming Shi 2000S with a Derby Premium
Alum
Thayer's Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Creighton's Moisturiser
Brian's Home made Bay Rum

3 passes for a 'face feeler'. A lovely Sunday Morning shave at the end of my holiday

29/12/19

Razor: Supply V1 #2
Blade: Personna PTFE (8)
Brush: Semogue 730HD
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: L'Oréal Skin Purifier
ASB: B&H Lime & Ginger

IMG_20191229_093547.jpg

A little jaded this morning following a 'Rail Ale Trail' in to Cornwall yesterday with the boys. Step up TOBS Grapefruit to help refresh me. I'm getting consistently good shaves from the Supply razor.

Date:- 29 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Executive Man
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #2
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Back
Top Bottom