SOTD : Saturday 27th February to Friday 05th March 2021

Today’s SoTd
Really enjoyed this one first time on the new Herder purchased from @Fergiebilly ...oh my what an edge beautiful very smooth and a lovely little shaver. Bit of irritation but I’m still learning lovely shave though completely bbs I’m very happy Thank you Billy I love it...of course a beautiful shaver needs a beautiful scent to compliment went with one of my favourite scents the rose. Also the little oneblade brush got it’s first outing not quite what I’m used to with the Simpson chubby 2 manchurian but a nice little brush all the sameD399B378-74DE-4609-BAC5-E537C905A410.jpegB486E701-95D0-437C-B4B6-A9A65EFE1492.jpeg

5/3/21

Brush - Zenith B07
Soap - La Toja
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Voskhod
Post - Lider AS

I'm not sure how many shaves it has taken in the 3 years I've owned the Zenith B07 (maybe 30?) but I think it's safe to say it has finally broken in! It's the only bleached boar I own, and it acts completely different to their unbleached counterparts, and even if it had soft tips from day 1 my bleached Zenith was very reluctant to hold lather and would struggle to build a lather as well.
I had no such problems with the brush today, usually I use this brush with creams as I find it doesn't have enough backbone to load from a hard soap and I can't get enough soap into the brush if I am face loading via a shaving stick but today I loaded a little more with the latter than for using one of my other brushes and started building the lather and the soap exploded into a lather with the brush holding enough lather for another 2 passes, more than enough for my needs.

Pleased I gave the Zenith B07 another go, turns out it wasn't the brush wasn't a stinker but I had given it enough time to break in.

Great shave with the Voskhod and Lord L6, the Vosk seems to be a little derided at times and I'm not sure it's the right blade for a mild razor head but with something with a little more efficiency it produces good results. I finished the shave with some of the Lider AS David sent me, quite a bit of alcohol burn when it first goes on but it goes quickly and the post shave feel is great.

Anyway chaps, have a good Friday. The weekend is almost with us....

L1030580s.jpg

I've just enjoyed my first shave with the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements’ Peregrino brush. "Peregrino" is Spanish for Pilgrim and represents the wet shaving pilgrimage, that we all undertake. The design on the base is; “not only the sun rising or a scallop shell (symbol of the pilgrim), but also a visual representation of all the different paths one can take to get to the same destination.” As you can see, the acrylic handle is wonderfully translucent, becoming lime when strongly backlight and deep avocado when not.

It feels so good in the hand and the synthetic bristles in the 24mm knot worked a treat with SueZBana’s lemon and tea tree cream. I bought the soap back in August 2018 and it’s still going strong; fresh, zesty and yummy as it was then.

I finally managed an excellent shave with the Super Speed. I took my time, prepared well and used a Feather. All of that made the difference and the shave was close and comfortable. So the Feather + mild razor = good shave formula works again.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Gillette Super Speed 1953
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: SueZBana Lemon & Tea Tree
Brush: PAA Peregrino Synthetic
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Trumper’s Limes Aftershave
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

05/03/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: Blackland Brass-bird
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Orange and Neroli Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm
Aftershave: OSP Orange and Patchouli

Wk 10 (7).JPG
I find the Brass-bird smoother than the SS version, it really is probably all in my head, therefore, this was kept and the Stainless was adopted by @Scorpio93
3 passes for a comfortable BBS finish.
A very nice shave finishing with the matching OSP splash.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Today’s SoTd
Really enjoyed this one first time on the new Herder purchased from @Fergiebilly ...oh my what an edge beautiful very smooth and a lovely little shaver. Bit of irritation but I’m still learning lovely shave though completely bbs I’m very happy Thank you Billy I love it...of course a beautiful shaver needs a beautiful scent to compliment went with one of my favourite scents the rose. Also the little oneblade brush got it’s first outing not quite what I’m used to with the Simpson chubby 2 manchurian but a nice little brush all the sameView attachment 65895View attachment 65896
1614951875742.png

Last day of this week's SOTD's :( was brought to you by the theme 'But there is always next week folk :)'

Polish_20210305_155713936.jpg

Yes. Indeed have a video. And the return of that over enthusiastic drummer, Junna

And have another one just to prove a point

And probably one of the reasons she is now a very much in demand session drummer.

Last edited:
Friday AM 2021-03-05
Air brake patented, 1872
7MLeVuy.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (32/52)
Czech & Speake No. 88 shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/H&S Copper
Polsilver Super Iridium (11)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave

I hadn't used the C&S soap for quite a while. Its lather was a bit thin, without a lot of cushion, but very slick, and the H&S razor and blade were really smooth. The aftershave was excellent when layered with Trumper Portugal EdT.
KXiXg7s.jpg

Friday 5th March

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Shibden Woods Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R95
Zorrik Super Platinum (2)
Cuba Aftershave

Well, this facelifted Zorrik Super Platinum is following the same trajectory as the sibling brand Vidyut Super Platinum that I used a few blades ago with a smooth over keen first shave, then a keen over smooth second shave. I'm hopeful for a "just right" shave off the blade tomorrow.

Enjoyed!

ACtC-3dL0DDYu6yRuwycgDUUco_-uMrFTFTbgnxI8l7XwP7YCqbJqxjLJ7scdBj8IESYyX8NWZ1rhIa-m2GxDHEWSgTAWoDoYxu43Ns7q21qEFqeQIJx0oTSxV5JYMbqad0D_wrq3mvYAT43XYOJ-tgKi1hrMQ=w300

Back
Top Bottom