Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Personna Lab Blue "shimmed"
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 05 (3).jpg
Phooar! look at the blade exposure and gap on that! Looking at it you would think the PILS is a vicious little monster, However, it isn't.
A wonderful, very comfortable and safe 3 passes for an easy BBS Finish today.
Enjoy your day all.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge ( 1 )
Brush = Shavemac 400 24mm Boar
Soap = OSP Orange & Patchouli
Splash = Myrsol Astringent
Balm = Cella
IMG_0660.jpeg
Bit of a mix & match for this shave
nothing seemed to go yet it just worked.
3 passes of glorious lather & a thoroughly enjoyable shave.
I know most of you won’t like the look of this brush but i love it,
This was an Emporium buy no no no actually it was a feeebie from @Boycie83 amd it’s genuinely one of my favourite brushes.
It just does everything it’s meant to do.
The 400 is pretty much my favourite shave & Boar is my preferred knot so it’s a no brained for me.
The soap i haven’t used since October 21 for no other reason other than i’m trying to preserve my OSP stocks.
The blade is another i haven’t used in a long time.
At one time this blade was my go to for all new razors and todays shave paired with the Feather was so mild.
Probably a bit too mild for me to tell the truth but everything just worked.
Until Tomorrow Stay safe everyone & enjoy your week

Shave of the… last 14 days. My holiday kit. Easy (but boring) swizz with the cartridge, then I can get out to drinking beer and cava.
Arko is surely the (face lathering) soap of the gods. Luckily I have enough sticks to last me until I’m 137 years old, by my modest reckoning.
The Muhle travel brush is better than my home synthetic, partly down to the long handle.

Back home and back to a DE razor today… once again marvelling at the lack of irritation compared to the cartridge… might take the Timor on next holiday.

IMG_0096.jpeg

And this first entry from me to start this new week (? Now three days in. Useless bastard I am) of SOTD's comes dedicated to @Boycie83 and with the theme, 'The Emporium strikes back'

Saturday

20240127_183715.jpg

Darth Razor - Razorock Hawk V3
Darth Blader - Feather Super Professional
Yoda the Brush - Yaqi Moka
Hans Soapo - York Swirling Soapery Arabian Dreams
Chewbalma - Pure
Luke Scentwalker - Alvarez Gomez Barberia EDC

'He's back. The man from the Emporium'

Not my favourite razor. Not my favourite brush. The instigator of the term 'scritchy', because it is like lathering with a toilet brush. But for some reason they came together in shaving heaven. Despite being treated to the same effect as cleaning a U-Bend.

This Swirling soap stuff gets more and more love everytime I use it. A superb scent and a very capable 'ticks the right boxes' soap. For Mr Boycie......

Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Jizz, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Sodium Shea Butterate, Sodium Olivate, Fanny batter, Potassium Cocoate, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Sodium Castorate, Sodium Cocoa Butterate, Kaolin, Stearic Acid, Citrus Limon Peel Oil, Potassium Jojobate, Urine, Sodium Lactate, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Zingiber Officinale Root Oil, Potassium Shea Butterate, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Penile cheese, Potassium Olivate, Potassium Castorate, Mica, CI 77891, CI 77492, Limonene, Linalool, Citral

As a welcome back it has to be over to those Bed-In ladies...

Sunday

20240128_163826.jpg

Jabba the Razor - 3ONE6
Princess Bladeia - Gillette 7-O'Clock
Obi-Wan Brushobi - Highlander LFC
R2-Soap2 - Signature Londinium
Darth Balm - Collegen
Amylase Scentura - Guerlain Homme

'My name is Barbie I love you. Has he fucked off again?'

It looks like the curse of the LFC brush has struck again. Reach on to the shelf and select the red brush, and Klopp announces he's leaving. A city in mourning.

Fortunately a boss shave. And a boss band of Japanese girls to sing this SOTD out....

And of course, I love you all :love:

Monday 29th January

ABLVV86-NAblUH0s-v7ecz_yMXfYldlTJwcM8otU_LpVJUkiwFwbYw8ZljfCHhi0P0fjrbSFvzFYYtNrHnOVPppoZW0hrUEALkbiQmJlbyKcn_XzLsCwlKw6A_PlDfr-QmS34Y4R1mmdu5UuEngWEB5AS1_CHw=w800

Taylor of Old Bond Street Traditional Shaving Soap & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
Muhle R89 w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Statum Platinum Chrome (1)
Harvard Sandalwood Aftershave

Wow-ee! I enjoyed that!

Whiile researching the history of British triple-milled soaps I've amassed quite a catalogue of soap formulations across the years and noticed that TOBS Traditional is the self-same formulation as the hallowed Standard Company Limited that preceded the Soapworks debacle that practically decimated the standing of the British Cartel. While I guess at the time, shaving enthusiasts were still reeling from the move away from tallow formulations but the Standard Company base was well enjoyed then ... and today, if you bag a tablet of this good stuff!

I'm sure there are a good few fans of TOBS Traditional here, who will certainly say "told you so!" ... I just with you'd said it louder! Sooner!

Creamy lather, as is the nature of British triple-milled, with a super slip! Moreover, a fantastic residual slip which I enjoyed while buffing up after my second pass for a full-force super-smooth shave ... which gave out to a judderiness once washed, which I guess is them old-timey ingredients in the mix like Paraffinum Liquidum and BHT!

Superb shave, as always, with the R89 and paired with the very excellent Statum Platinum Chrome I'm super-smooth and enjoyed that playful fierceness that comes with many super-sharp Indian platinum blades. Splash of Harvard for afters and all is well with the world! Quick shout to @isaiah53 who I know has enjoyed Harvard in the past. Chris, mate, if you've any left ... don't forget about it.

Cheers, all! Have a great week!

Last edited:
IMG_20240129_195407~2.jpg

Second shave with the Suneko blade. Didn't get a great feeling in the Fatboy on setting 5 so tried in the Flexi on its lowest setting.
Although the first pass didn't didn't seem to do much I managed three plus touch-ups and got a really close shave with no irritation! Wasn't expecting it to be so good.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Signature Valentium
Aftershave: Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

IMG_4284.jpeg

SOTD: 29/01/2024

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Future Fiction Croap
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: PAA Future Fiction EdP

One of my favourite razor, soap and splash set ups. I still love this soap base and scent!

Attachments

• IMG_4284.jpeg
    IMG_4284.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom