SOTD : Saturday 26th May - Friday 1st June 2018.

Vreto Forum ~ Yaqi Purple Haze ~ Gillette Rocket HD ~ Wilkinson Sword ~ Nivea 2-Phase

As far as I can tell this 'forum' scent is actually Cognac & Cigars with the scent level turned up to 11 Strong enough to make my face tingle but not enough to spoil the shave. Great Vreto performance and the scent is unlike any I have used before, a very dry and mature scent.

Pre: Cold water face wash,
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015 2 Band ST
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem Stainless

An excellent midweek shave, the Streamline really enjoyed the freedom the longer Blackland handle afforded it.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Omega 10051
Rockwell 6S
Tiger (1)/ Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
The Gentleman's Groom Room Mountain Yew
Nivea 2 Phase & Pecksniffs Men Professional EDT

I found a Tiger razor blade amongst my stash and thought I'd try it for the hell of it. It was a slightly different dhape to usual blades and thicker, needless to say within two swipes it was in the bin, like being plucked as opposed to shaved. Switched for a Personna and smooth as butter. Some slight tingle from the 2 Phase thanks to the Tiger blade.

First use of this brush and it is fantastic, smells awful but lathers like a champ. It will be a firm favourite in week or two once it is less whiffy. Made a great lather with the soap, one of my favourite scents and a great soap considering its glycerine based.

Glycerine Soap
Grapeseed Shaving Oil with additional EO's
Plissoft Brush
First Pass - Schick Type L with Chinese Schick blade
Gillette Mach3
Alum
Rosewater
Speick AS
Rebul Lime Eau de Cologne

An aborted attempt with a RR Hawk with a Kai ProTouch MG blade, virtually useless.
I haven't shaved for a week due to ilness. This was my application of Rosewater, I am unsure of it's benefits. I have only just started using Witch Hazel. Do adding these to the mix achieve anything?

Wed 30th May

Omega 11126 boar
P & B Spitfire
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline ( 5 )
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

I have really got used to AC/SE Razors, and now find it easier to get better Shaves with them than I do with DE Razors. I actually think that this particular Razor/Blade combo is more forgiving too.
Today I had a smooth and comfortable Shave with the B3,the finish quality being top class.I have no problems using the heavier ones as Daily Shavers.

Fun SOTD

Prep: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo
Bowl: Executive Shaving Handmade
Razor: EJ Black Chrome 3D Diamond
Blade: Polsilver SI
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime (sample, thanks @hectorsgaf)

CF Lime very nice and luxurious, took a bit longer to lather (I've only used creams so far) with it seemingly being somewhere between a cream and a soap. Really nice shave though, one of the very best to date

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2018-05-30

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (26/54)
Harrods by Floris shaving soap (vintage)
Delta Echo Ink Edition Feather AS-D2/Triad Polished-Satin Diamond Titanium
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (9)
Dolce & Gabbana aftershave

The Harrods soap, like most of the other old Floris soaps, is excellent. I'm quite pleased with the Personna blade, which is almost - but not quite - the equal of the Wilkinson Light Brigades and Personna 74 Tungstens.