Saturday xxvi April, 2014

Prep: Shower, Dove Men+Care Sensitive Face Wash
Pre: Tepid water splash
Brush: Thäter 4125/2
Cream: Musgo Real Lime Basil
Razor: Fatip Piccolo Anthracite
Blade: Personna Lab Blue #1
Post: Alum, Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec, Trumpers essence of Limes Skin Food

Result: Quite a while since I'd used the Fatip and I'd forgotten just how aggressive it is. Not helped by adding just a little too much water to the Musgo. Couple of weepers but lovely and smooth. Lime sec is not an After Shave, so may have to rethink that one. I like a sting but that was a little too much. Have a good weekend.

All the best,

Jon

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Floris London JF
Brush: Simpson The Colonel X2L in Manchurian
Razor: Sistrum 6/8
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Floris London JF

Cold water splash
Klar Kabinett
Simpson Commodore X3
Weber PH Bulldog
Personna Lab Blue (5)
Weleda ASB
Lalique Hommage a l'Homme EdT

5th shave from the Personna Lab and each one was top class. Close without irritation and very consistent from first to last shave.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Face wash with Pears soap
Cobra Classic / Feather Pro
Rudy Vey custom redwood burl with 23mm Shavemac knot
Proraso Green Soap (New Formula)
Proraso Green A/S
Tom Ford Italian Cypress

Happiness

Great photos from Daniele and Barlines!

EJ DE3D, Permasharp
Hand-carved Ash 27mm Boar
Wickham English Lavender Super Smooth
Barbershop Bay Rum
Home-made Eucalyptus Post Shave Oil
James Bronnley Original EdT

Cracking shave! Yon Super Smooth is a sure fire winner: copious amounts of rich, thick, slick, cushioning lather with first class skincare. Slightly too much peppermint in the scent for me as it masks a lot of the Lavender but a moot point as everything else about this soap hits the the high ground effortlessly. Knocks Cella, Vitos Supercrema and MWF for a pavilion clock six. Hat's off Darron - Fantastic Mr. Fox indeed!

Razor: KROPP 7/8 Ebony
Brush: M&F XL2 2-band Blond Badger
Soap: TOBS Mr.Taylor
ASB: D&G The One Sport
AS: TOBS Mr.Taylor

Freshly honed on the Ozuku Asagi. Very nice and smooth shave. Happy weekend Gents!

Stirling Scottish Pine shaving soap
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Long comb New
Schick blade from 2001
Sir Irisch moos aftershave

Fantastic combination

Saturday04- 26-14. MUSIC: King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omSdwssqSjc[/video]

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Provence Santé - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Aubrey Men's Stock Northwood - ASL Provence Santé.

Thank you for the kind words, coincidently I use Mikes sometimes as my second pass soap to my Super Smooth, the two work well together, shame I can't get the barber shopp scent here in the UK.

SOTD - Life is not always so black & white

» Vintage Gillette Adjustable
» Wilkinson Sword - Stainless
» Super Smooth - Club Cola
» Eucris - G. F. Trumper

Bowl Lathered - 2 Passes and feeling dapper fresh!

Gairdner said:
Great photos from Daniele and Barlines!

Thank you my friend.

Gairdner said:
Yon Super Smooth is a sure fire winner: copious amounts of rich, thick, slick, cushioning lather with first class skincare. ... Fantastic Mr. Fox indeed!

I 100% agree. Super Smooth is a terrific soap. I have a lot of soaps, and Super Smooth is now between the top ones.

Daniele.

Thank you bilbo72, the photo you made recently with Super Smooth I am in awe with. Its extremely good, and very professional. I may get it printed and framed for at home if that is OK?

Gillette Slim Twist
Astra (3)
60p Wilkinson boar brush
1902 menthol/master lather super soap (care of the Wickham co)
Freshwood a/s and balm

i grated the 1902 and mixed it with the master lather sample kindly provided by the Fox. Result? a heeeuge mountain of lather that Wickham Co is known for. Great combo of soaps which produced a smooth cushioned shave. Even the soaps that Darron casts aside are winners! The Slim Twist is an awesome razor, gentle and mild. It's a shame i was just road testing it.

have a good weekend chaps