SOTD : Saturday 25 th - Friday 31th May 2019

Saturday 25th May

Jayaruh #289 - TOST 2019 LE Soap 'Morning TOST' - GEM Junior LC w/Jayaruh handle - GEM SSC #2 - Alum - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm

'Morning TOST' is a limited edition soap made for 'The Original Safety Two' forum by 'vintagelife'. The scent of lime, ginger & bergamot was voted by the LE members. The top notes detected were ginger and lime. It lathered well and gave great slide and residual slickness with a light scent throughout.
The handle for the GEM Junior was made by the very talented woodsmith Jayaruh. It is just perfect and handles superbly.
I finished the shave with my new batch of Bay Rum, which coincidentally had ginger and lime zest in its ingredients.

What an afternoon!

May I ask where you purchased your razor @culcreuch ?

Wonderful stuff Tom, absolutely wonderful! P

Merkur 34c, Gillette 7 o'clock Black
Whipped Dog Butterscotch 30mm High Mountain
Proraso Green SS
Benjamin's Bay Rum
Astral

Just marvellous. Seven years plus into my DE shaving career and I cannot remember trying the Proraso soap - wonderful stuff. Love this brush and knot but it's set to an excessive;y high loft which was my fault so at some point, I'm going to crack the handle, remove the knot and pop it into a hand-carved handle. Got a nice bit of Yew and have knee surgery on the horizon so I'll hopefully get round to it then.