SOTD : Saturday 25 th - Friday 31th May 2019

Fri 31st May
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Vitos Super Red
Supply V1 & V2 No 3 plate
Schick Proline ( 8 )
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

Everything just right today, a superb lather allowed the Razor/Blade to shave very smoothly and efficiently. Probably the best Shave I have had with this Razor, better than the Injectomatic yesterday, and that was good.

Last edited:
SOTD Friday the 31st of May

Razor
- Merkur 38C
Blade - Ladas Super Stainless
Brush - YaQi 30mm Barber Pole
Soap - Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Post - Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Balm - Wickham 1912 Club Cola Soothing PSB
View attachment 44275
Awesome brush!

I used the 1800 for the first time last night. A really nice comfortable brush.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Love that aftershave, proper classic scent, one of my favourites

31/05/19

Pre shave Prep: Nuage Menthol Oil
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol
Razor: Gamechanger 0.84
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Peppermint Balm & Oil
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol
sorry no photo,
will this do?

My Uncle Douglas Sept 1917 - Oct 2017, one of my heros.

A late post as today I was working different hours, therefore, it was in, shower, shave and out. I am posting after the fact.
I have been spoilt again this afternoon. Up stands the GC 0.84, shod with a Voskhod, I have to admit was not looking forward to it?
No need whatsoever.
A shower while the soap was blooming.
The RR400 whipping up a storm with the OSP in the Giles bowl, a face prep of Nuage menthol and i am ready. Get in there, what a nice lather, the brush working the lather onto my face with that cool hit.
The GC just did its job and i am really happy with the Voskhod, what a close comfy 3 Pass shave. So different from my experience with it in the Rocnel.
Nothing from the block and a hit of ice when the cold water went on, just fantastic, a splash of witch hazel and clean everything up.
The downer:-
I have actually found a product i do not like, continuing with the Barts i used the peppermint balm & oil, No no no, i may as well have rubbed a soggy candy rock around my chops, i really do not like this scent.
Next, another new product next the OSP menthol AS, although i loved the cool hit, i think the peppermint ruined the experience. Quickly i searched for an Antidote, 1912 Citrus musk was the order of the day and all ended well. Phew.
The Barts peppermint will not be used again, i will give the OSP another go, however, with a back up. i guess i am just not into the sweetness but like the hit.
Summary ; - DFS with BBS chin and a continuation of some great shaves this week, my mates checking out how close a shave i turn up with and smelling "just dandy", "Smart as a dart" was another comment. Something is going well.
Good night all.

Last edited:
Thursday 30th May
Prep: Hot face wash Pears Lemon Flower
Cream: GFCC Lime
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
Razor: Rockwell 6C R4
Blade: Polsilver
AS: Superdrug Sierran Breeze
ASB: Body Shop Kistna
For the price the GFCC Lime is excellent (now just waiting for my 2 free jars)
Friday 31st May
Prep: Hot face wash Pears Original
Soap: Haslinger Sage rubbed on face
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Ladas
AS: Lynx Africa
PSB: L'Oreal All in One
Loved the performance of the Haslinger so much had to get the last one from The Shaving Station

Last edited: