Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE SS (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Orange & Patchouli

Sabre, OSP O&P, Chub (2).jpg

A welcome return of the Sabre today fitted with a new blade, By, he is a handsome chap.
The OSP and Chubby just do the business producing plenty of lather to carry off the shave.
3 gentle passes today, the weight of this razor oozes confidence to let the razor do the work, I really do enjoy using him.
A nice post shave finishing with the OSP splash which gives a nice hit of oranges when it first goes on.
Have a great weekend All

PS I have had a go at making a Neroli & Orange Astringent,
50ml cheap vodka,
Neroli essential oil (15 drops)
Orange essential oil (5)
Glycerine (5)
A good shake
50 ml of Witch hazel
Another good shake.
i will be trying it out this week.

24/08/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE SS (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Orange & Patchouli

View attachment 46784

A welcome return of the Sabre today fitted with a new blade, By, he is a handsome chap.
The OSP and Chubby just do the business producing plenty of lather to carry off the shave.
3 gentle passes today, the weight of this razor oozes confidence to let the razor do the work, I really do enjoy using him.
A nice post shave finishing with the OSP splash which gives a nice hit of oranges when it first goes on.
Have a great weekend All

PS I have had a go at making a Neroli & Orange Astringent,
50ml cheap vodka,
Neroli essential oil (15 drops)
Orange essential oil (5)
Glycerine (5)
A good shake
50 ml of Witch hazel
Another good shake.
i will be trying it out this week.
Looks a lovely shave Tony.

Sotd-24-8-19.jpg

Sotd - Saturday the 24th of August

Razor - Merkur 37c
blade - Aussie Spoiler (15)
brush - Semogue 2000
soap - Vitos Supercrema - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid - mentally vigorous
balm - Arran Aromatics - bay citrus
scent - Dior Sauvage - edp.

Result - all good.

Another week in between shaves - not sure how that happened. Worth the wait though. Vitos Supercrema - I love the smell of almonds in the morning - smells like.... Off to a place called Kilcreggan on the west coast - bothy party - enjoy your weekend - one and all. Yours - I.

View attachment 46801

Sotd - Saturday the 24th of August

Razor - Merkur 37c
blade - Aussie Spoiler (15)
brush - Semogue 2000
soap - Vitos Supercrema - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid - mentally vigorous
balm - Arran Aromatics - bay citrus
scent - Dior Sauvage - edp.

Result - all good.

Another week in between shaves - not sure how that happened. Worth the wait though. Vitos Supercrema - I love the smell of almonds in the morning - smells like.... Off to a place called Kilcreggan on the west coast - bothy party - enjoy your weekend - one and all. Yours - I.

Almost bought a house in Kilcreggan a couple of years ago,Iain.
Enjoy your Bothy party !!!.

Last edited:
Looks a lovely shave Tony.
Thanks Russ, it really was. I had been looking forward to the Blacklands coming back to the top in my rotation. The Occam's is working it's way up the list also, another razor I enjoy using.
My rotation is basically my list of razors once used it is demoted by cost per shave. Mad I know but it gives them all a chance to get to the top ;).

SOTD 24/08/19: Kepkinh Buffalo Milk & Tallow LE 2019 ; Alpha Brush & Shaving Company Outlaw Arctic Fox ; Blackland Blackbird ; Gillette Super Stainless (3) ; Osma Alum Block, Body Shop Maca Root Balm

190824-SOTD.jpg

Saturday AM 2019-08-24

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Pacifica Sandalwood perfume
Timeless Polished Titanium/UFO Titan Fine
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (2)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave

The razor is so smooth that despite the auditory feedback, there is a temptation to check just to make sure there is a blade in it.
5EetMJ2.jpg

Sadly no photo, but:

Hot Towel, Garnier face scrub, Fine Snakebite soap, Omega 49 brush, Merkur Futur, Astra SS (1), BBA Post Shave Balm, Prada Luna Rossa Sport.

A nice shave to mow down 6 days of hobo looking growth. Sleep has been my modus operandi this week, and having an extra half an hour each morning this week has been essential. The shave was sublime, it felt easy and refreshing.

Saturday Shave

Micky Lee Soapworks Grand Havana
YaqI Tuxedo Marble Handle
Timeless .68 SS Scalloped
Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Vitos Tobacco Aftershave

Same set up as my previous SOTD
I'm very impressed with Grand Havana soap-It has the creamIest lather of any soap I I've used
it's a pity I have only just discovered Micky Lee soaps as they have recently announced they are closing shop

Back
Top Bottom