SOTD: Saturday 23th November to Friday 29th November 2019

Sat 23rd Nov

Cyril Salter / MS ED2band
P & B Spitfire
Schick Type F
Schick “Chick” ( 6 )
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Another excellent Injector Shave, the F is good for a leisurely Shave being milder than the other ones used so far,. A Shave takes a bit more time, however it is so good in the hand that time does not seem to matter.

Paradigm Titanium II
Gillette Silver Blue
Oumo Manchurian
APR Ozymandias Soap and Splash
Soundtrack: ABBA Gold

The APR pairing worked a treat and the scent is very classy. It's a shame it doesn't hang around for long. I need to try to get the EDP.
The Silver Blue wasn't the best match for the razor. It was smooth enough but just not sharp enough.

The soundtrack: It's grey and damp outside and the Black Dog has been on my shoulder of late. I needed something to brighten the day, and my mood and so I went with a bit of ABBA.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Gents.

Cheers
Rob

Saturday 23rd November
Yaqi Moka Express - Signature Soaps Hibernia - Schick G1 - Schick Proline â„–5 - Alum - Speick A/S - Aloe Vera Gel

Very pleased with Hibernia. First of the two generous samples gifted by @BrianH . It has very pleasing citrus scent. Plus it was very easy to build a lather on the face. Slickness and residual slip was also top notch. Made for a great shave with the G1.

Saturday AM 2019-11-23

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Elite Razor Polo Speckled Amber Manchurian White (28/54)
Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95 Mirror-Polished/WRH1
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (19)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave

A touch of Italian orange grove on this gray autumn day. Pretty much perfect.

Saturday, 23 November 2019

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

A nice shave to start the weekend... have a good one.

Sotd - this afternoon - Saturday the 23rd of November

Prep - Bulldog facial scrub
razor - Ikon X3 head on a Rockwell s/s handle
blade - Super Max Titanium (2)
brush - Wee Scot tortoiseshell - best badger
soap - RazoRock Puros - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Extro Tabacco
balm - none needed
scent - Creed Tabarome edp.

Result - faultless.

Taking inspiration from the post of @Paul L earlier today - I enjoy a tobacco themed shave - a scent class I am very fond of. Everything went right - nothing went wrong. Hours later I still smell lovely - even if I do say so myself - I guess that's why you pay the money for Creed - certain things in life should never be done cheaply - like cocaine and prostitutes - for instance. (For the avoidance of doubt - that's a joke.) Not much more to say really. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and your shaves - one and all - yours - I.

Oh - 'It's grey and damp outside and the Black Dog has been on my shoulder of late. I needed something to brighten the day, and my mood and so I went with a bit of ABBA.' - good choice - you couldn't help but smile - @Blackmass - R. - I sympathise - I get visits from the 'perro negro' fairly often - my antidote today - was rediscovering the back catalogue of Joe Satriani - must be the first time in thirty years I've heard him - no plank knowingly under-spanked - a blast - at that volume - it was a blast - from the past. Did the job.

That is a poppin' brush!