SOTD: Saturday 22th to Friday 28th of 2020

Date:- 28 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Asian Pear
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Pre-shave: Cold Water, Proraso Blue Cream
Brush: Razorock Bruce Synthetic
Cream: Trumpers Lime (last of sample)
Razor: Merkur Progress. Set to 3, then 1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post/After-shave: Shower, Cold Water Splash, Floid Black AS, Trumpers Lime Skin Food.

The silver lining to having a terrible shave the day before, it there is a little more hair the next day to remove.

Really like the GSB blade, similar to Astra SP for me perhaps slightly smoother? Hard to judge after just one shave. Feeling good now, very enjoyable.

Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Brush - ES Big Jock synthetic
Razor - Rocca 96 v4
Blade - Super platinum (made in Israel)
Post - Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
Scent - Terre d'Hermes EDT

After seeing that some of you guys use Bart's Balm, I ordered some this week - and its great. A lovely smell and leaves the skin really refreshed. I'd recommend it to anyone. I've just order the Aftershave to match!

Friday‌ ‌02.28.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0009 - Edited (1).jpg

Pre de Provence Verbena face lather and rinse
RazoRock‌ ‌SLOC.Bulldog‌ ‌Handle‌
Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌Chrome‌ ‌Israeli‌ ‌Red‌ ‌(1)‌
Semogue Owners Club Cherry Wood Boar
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Shaving Soap
Chiseled‌ ‌Face‌ ‌Ghost‌ ‌Town‌ ‌Barber‌ ‌Aftershave‌ ‌Splash‌

DSCF0013 - Edited.jpg

Fri 28th Feb.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Citra Royale
ATT SE1 / Windrose handle
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I do wonder why I like so many others keep on buying more Razors, when the ones that you have already deliver the goods. Today I went back to an old favourite, which outshone the performance of my two recent purchases [ Occams Enoch & Hiram ]. The Shave seemed to over in a flash, and was not only smooth and comfortable, but the all round closeness of the finished Shave was Top Notch.

IMG_0566.jpg

Friday

OSP Fougere
RazoRock Plissoft
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon steel handle
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (5)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Pitralon Classic after shave
Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver

Two days worth of growth ridiculed by the R41. It was one of those incredibly harmonious shaves; where all elements combined beautifully. Even the Gillette Wilky was doing the business during its fifth outing. The Fougere soap and Pitralon Classic were made for each other, I feel. The Hermes was decided on at the last minute; so didn't make the final cut below.2DF17BE9-99A8-4102-B2F0-9482D2A32542.jpeg

Last edited:
Pre - Proraso Green
Soap - Shulton Old Spice (1960s)
Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Personna Med Prep (7)
Brush - Simpsons 'Captain 2 Best Badger'
Post - Alum followed by homemade Witch Hazel and Tea Tree Oil
AS - Shulton Old Spice (1960s)
Balm - Nivea Sensitive

Anniversary of my fathers passing so a tribute shave was called for. The performance of the vintage O/S soap is phenomenal and the scent is still great today in my opinion. My dad used to alternate between Old Spice and Brut depending on what was available in the local chemist. I think I may have found the perfect match for my Feather AS-D2, the Med Prep on its 7th use still feels sharp and buttery smooth. I usually throw my blade after 4/5 uses but this blade appears to be very long lasting.

28/02/2020
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap: Vitos Extra Super
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

Wk9 (18).JPG

To finish off the Blackland week i decided to give the Dart Another run out, am i mad?
Anyway, the soap used was the Vitos Extra Super which was kindly gifted by Arthur @Electrif when i adopted his Rocnel SE a while back (i will have to dig it out, its not seen soap or chin for a while) Thanks Arthur.
The soap works really well and i decided on a face lather with the Jayaruh #355, a bit more control of lather slickness for today's job.
The Plan was, 2 passes as per yesterdays shave, no ATG.
The WTG & XTG passes went without issue and as the brush had plenty of lather i completed some minor touch up of the stubborn area around the chin - Success. No nicks or cuts.
The angle i used was quite shallow and i managed to maintain it at a constant.
Some minor indications from the block that did not last too long. A nice Barts Balm massage and then a splash of 4711 giving a little sting.
Very happy BBS shaver. feeling and smelling good.
I have enjoyed this week with the Blacklands, the SE versions are a much easier Razor for me to use giving fantastic results every time.
The Blackbird i am very happy with although i think the OC base plate may have only been issued to survivalist's and real mountain men in case they have to shave a Grizzly Bear they are friends with! ;)
The Dart behaved himself today and the shave was very involving, which i like.
Today i feel like the Kwisatz Haderach
Enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom