SOTD Saturday 22nd to Friday 28th Aug 2020

20200823_074538.jpg
SOTD 23rd August

Lather - Yaqi Sagrada + P&B Sanskrit
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Lancet Super Platinum #2
Post - Mennen Skin Bracer and L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap

Second shave with the blade. Really enjoyable, smooth and close shave. This combo was at least as good as the Tech / Dorco Titan combo - the Lancet suits the Tech very well. Just a tiny bit of feedback from the Alum and the post shave has set me up for the day.
Stay safe

Post-Sunday roast shave...

The roast
: Chicken breast / Sage & Onion Stuffing / Roast potatoes / Yorkshire puds / Peas, sweetcorn and leeks / Bisto gravy

Software: Pre-shave Ach Brito Glyce Lime soap / TGS Abysso shaving soap / TGS Abysso AS splash

Hardware: Phoenix AA 'The Green Ray' synthetic / Merkur 23C / Gillette Nacet
DSC_1034.JPG

OK...lets get something upfront and clear: Yorkshire Pudding is NOT just for roast beef! 'Nuff said.

As for the shave, I like the Abysso soap so much that it definitely deserved its own special pot.

I'd forgotten all about my 23C...I think I bought it in Southport, maybe 20 years ago. I used it once or twice and then shifted to Mach 3 shaving. It's a really great razor that, belatedly, I now realise and will use more often. Also, as it's one of Merkur's 3-piece razors, I can of course play around with different handles!

Happy Sunday to all!:)(y)

No pictures today but if a shave was perfect, this was it....

Head: Nanny's French Lavender, 24mm AP Shave Co tuxedo in a Semogue handle, Leaf razor

Face: Signature Soaps Capra, 24mm AP Shave Co cashmere in a Shavemac barbershop ivory handle, Rex Ambassador, Gillette Stainless Red.

Two passes with the Leaf and the head was BBS and the @BrianH Capra is IMHO as good if not better than soaps that cost double the money - post shave, I didn't need any after a face wash with soap left in the brush....
Thank you so much for all your support. Regards Brian

Sunday AM 2020-08-23
National Buttered Corn Day
N7mqwcl.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Personna Titanium (1)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)
zXjySxl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom