SOTD: Saturday 22nd - Friday 28th December 2018.

Boxing Day shave.

Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Astra
Brush: RazoRock Bruce
Cream: Executive Shaving Natural Shaving Cream
Post-shave care: Thayers Rose Petal, Proraso green balm and Palmer's Cocoa Butter

Ahh that feeling when you have an awesome shave - it can't be beat. You know it is good when you just get that slight tingle from rubbing the alum block over your face.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate; Happy Holidays to those who do not. I hope everyone had a wonderful time with their friends and family.

Last edited:
Wed 26th Dec-Boxing Day

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Cyril Salters Solid Soap
ATT SE1
Schick Proline [ 8 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

A bit hectic today as Family staying over, SWMBO scurrying around - Bathrooms cleaned , beds made and a roast on the go. The Shave was nice and easy ,as I find that the ATT SE1 delivers me trouble free quality Shaves every time. I cannot understand how folk cannot Shave with AC/SE without having problems. I personally find them to be much easier to use than a DE.

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Kepkinh
Razor: DeHaven Model 3
Blade: Feather Pro
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Kepkinh Sandalwood & Propolis ASB

First use of this soap and first impression is, it's not bad.
The scent is a very nice, light, herbaceous, green fougere.
For a vegetarian soap it's very thirsty and I'll perhaps need to dial this in to bring out its best.
As it is, like a lot of vegetarian soaps, it's lacking in slickness and wanting in post shave feel.
The balm on the other hand is top notch straight off the bat. It looks a bit oily but is quickly absorbed leaving the skin moisturised and nourished, very impressed indeed.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Boxing Day shave:

• Gillette Tech (1950's British) head & Kanzy Victory handle
  • Polsilver (2)
  • Vulfix 404 with a synthetic head
  • Geo F Trumper almond cream
  • Palmers Cocoa Butter
Further to exploring the Tech homages along with @Bogeyman & @zygalski - mixed up the Tech head with the Kanzy handle. I've always struggled with the handle of the 1950's ball end that I own. The Kanzy handle is well balanced and a good weight. Today's shave was a treat. Having said that. the Tech + a Polsiver blade is always a winning combo for me. Not been beaten for a close shave with zero irritation.

Boxing Day Shave

Ach Brito Lavanda Cream
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (2)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla ASL

What a cream !
Having tried a sample, from @Rohleder a few months ago, It has been on my wishlist since.
My step-daughter gave me a tube of it for Christmas - much to my delight!
It seems to have an anesthetic effect on me, almost couldn't feel the blade on my skin.

Back to work tomorrow

Thanks Gordy. Glad you are enjoying the tins. I really must get you on the payroll