SOTD: Saturday 22nd - Friday 28th December 2018.

I have accidentally carried on a DE with a blade loaded and yet I've had to sacrifice a deodorant stick due to liquid capacity on the same flight.
I think 99% of the security don't know a blade and a razor are separate articles.
I have been there with the liquids issue, I had to have a rescan due to a solid deodorant stick that was not in separate liquids bag, they took it out of my carry on bag and rescanned it and my bag again. Then gave me it back! No wonder some security checks take so long. Now I put my solid deodorant and my shave stick etc. in the liquids bag just in case......I know they are only doing their job, and knowing how stressful flying and travel can be sometimes it must be a challenging job at times.

I have been there with the liquids issue, I had to have a rescan due to a solid deodorant stick that was not in separate liquids bag, they took it out of my carry on bag and rescanned it and my bag again. Then gave me it back! No wonder some security checks take so long. Now I put my solid deodorant and my shave stick etc. in the liquids bag just in case......I know they are only doing their job, and knowing how stressful flying and travel can be sometimes it must be a challenging job at times.
It was explained to me at the time a solid deodorant stick is a liquid so I gave it and toothpaste up rather than other liquids.
Imagine my surprise when I got to my destination and realised my DE had a blade in it.
I wouldn't do their job, so fair play to them.

SOTD 12272018.jpg

SOTD: 12.27.2018

Cold Water Shave
Dove Men+Care Hydrate Face Wash
Wild West Brushworks "Renaissance"
L&L Grooming - Cuir et Épices
E4 Fatboy
Voskhod (1)
Nivea Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

Close, comfortable shave tonight with the Gillette Fatboy. I REALLY like this soap! Great cushion, slickness and the scent was outstanding. First time using a Voskhod and I now see why so many people love this blade.

Music tonight provided by:
Smashing Pumpkins ~ Siamese Dream

SPSD.JPG

-Andrew

Date: 28 December 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 49 Boar 27/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Baker Street
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #6
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

SOTD 20181228.

7c2sa4D.jpg

M Keramiek / APShaveCo SynBad.
Lea "Original" shaving soap.
Rockwell 6S R5 only / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Asco Super Stainless (red wrapper) (4).
Lea ASB (sample).

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: anBBas Boar
Soap: Valobra Cologne
Razor: E-R 1924
Blade: Gem Stainless ptfe

IMG_20181228_121120.jpg
Another day and another Christmas soap, and a very good one it is too.
And it's another off-the-shelf soap that can live with the Artisans imo.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Back
Top Bottom