SOTD : Saturday 19th May - Friday 25th May 2018

Double win from Erwin! Thought Hicky was going to have the Stocker.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk
I really enjoyed watching it. Pity I hadn't been there. I used to go every year when I was younger. Went back a few years ago .....sat all day in the rain and saw only 10 min of racing....probably 2010. I take my hat off to those guys....195 on a public road. . Thankfully this year there do not appear to have been any fatalities. I missed the Stocker.....I n fact I missed most of it and only saw the 2nd Superbike race as I was out having my own Bike MOTd. :(

Saturday AM 2018-05-19

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26/66)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Delta Echo Black Chrome-Nickel Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Aristocrat
Wilkinson Light Brigade (10)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
HcdRABk.jpg

Saturday

Pre: Wickham 1912 Magnum face soap
Razor: Baili BT171 - Victory safety razor
Blade: Derby Premium (1)
Soap: NSS Moroccan Sands Signature

First shave with the Baili razor. It was a close shave but a bit more rough than my Merkur 34C and 23C. It needs more shallow angle to be comfortable. The skin felt a bit more abused than usual.
I will play with it some more , maybe using a different and see if I can get better results with it.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed watching it. Pity I hadn't been there. I used to go every year when I was younger. Went back a few years ago .....sat all day in the rain and saw only 10 min of racing....probably 2010. I take my hat off to those guys....195 on a public road. . Thankfully this year there do not appear to have been any fatalities. I missed the Stocker.....I n fact I missed most of it and only saw the 2nd Superbike race as I was out having my own Bike MOTd. :(
Well today's highlights are on tomorrow and Monday. BBC iPlayer should have a repeat of today's live coverage.

You missed out on McGuiness doing some race commentary. He was really good at it.

I have only been to the TT, though i'm hoping that the Welsh Road Race goes ahead next year as it was cancelled this year. Hopefully I might go to that as the course looks like it will be fast so it should be great to watch.

Well today's highlights are on tomorrow and Monday. BBC iPlayer should have a repeat of today's live coverage.

You missed out on McGuiness doing some race commentary. He was really good at it.

I have only been to the TT, though i'm hoping that the Welsh Road Race goes ahead next year as it was cancelled this year. Hopefully I might go to that as the course looks like it will be fast so it should be great to watch.

I will keep an eye out for that one.......for me the only racing is road racing!

hX1ktWA.jpg

Gillette Guard razor
NOS German Palmolive shave stick Maggard 22mm black fiiber brush
Barbasol Pacific Rush AS (discod.)

I had not used a Guard in years and it is as I remembered: the fastest way to a decent shave known to mankind. This just begs the question of why no modern DE maker has copied this, but in metal?

hX1ktWA.jpg

Gillette Guard razor
NOS German Palmolive shave stick Maggard 22mm black fiiber brush
Barbasol Pacific Rush AS (discod.)

I had not used a Guard in years and it is as I remembered: the fastest way to a decent shave known to mankind. This just begs the question of why no modern DE maker has copied this, but in metal?
Sudsey Soapery and WS stick, good choices. :)
I don't understand why SS hasn't got a big fan club over here...
...oh SS.;)

SOTD: 20th May 2018.

30.Jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Ingram Menthol.

Blade: Asco Super Stainless.(2)

Razor: Parker 87R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon,/Lime+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture/Boots~ Moisturising Cream.

Barbon ~ Menthol A/S Lotion.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning 3 pass + pick ups dfs shave with no errors to report.

The parker 87r/asco super stainless blade was another excellent match.. The Egyptian Asco S.S.,is another very good blade from the Lord camp which are superb, along with it's very near cousin Shark S.S.,my skin type seems to get along with every stainless steel blades i've shaved with very nicely.

I've still yet to try both the Dorco Prime Platinum,& Concorde Platinum blades, going by the dorco Titan performance they should be good .

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Barbon ~ Menthol A/S Lotion.;)

My face is feeling silky smooth, cool & irritation free.:cool:

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.​

Last edited:
image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ CR - Brass General
Blade ~ Feather Pro Super
Soap ~ Stirling - Bay Rum
Bowl ~ TSR Group Buy
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Penhaligon- Bayolea edt

A close and smooth shave was had with the above, a fantastic scent from the shave soap which was complemented by the wonderful Bayolea from Penhaligon.

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday.....P.

Last edited:
Sun 20th May

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Williams Aqua Velva Ice Blue cream
Schick Type " O " Clone
Schick Twin Japan [ 7 ]
Williams A.V Ice Blue A/S Lotion

Moving from AC/SE To Injectors in my rotation, so as out again for the day chose an easy option of the "O" Clone. It really is a very smooth Razor yet efficient too. Today`s Shave was extra smooth, due to the extra dollop of cream I put in the bowl;), excellent class of overall finish too. I imagine that Shaves this easy could become a bit boring if repeated too often.

IMG_0093.jpg

Back
Top Bottom