SOTD : Saturday 19th May - Friday 25th May 2018

Friday

Prep: The usual shower
Razor: Merkur Progress 500
Blade: Derby Premium (1)
Soap: Soap Commander - Endurance - classic spice
Brush: Yaqi 24m synthetic

The first shave with my brandnew Merkur Progress 500. Boy, what a pleasant surprise. I used it on a low and catious setting of 1.5 and it was so mild but got the job done easily. The Soap Commander soap was great again, I really like the soaps from them.
I will play around with different settings, blades and soaps in during the next days. This is going to be fun!

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Sticky"
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel / Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Erik Kormann Dezember

Cracking shave. Lovely lather from the MDC, applied to my bonce via the super-soft tips of the Savile Row 3824.
Three passes for a DFS+. I love my Sticky. It is a beautiful design, and a great shaver. Whilst mild, if you pair it with a sharp blade such as a vintage Wilkie (which it was designed for) or a Polsilver, it is surprisingly efficient.

SOTD 20180525.

cRfasAO.jpg

Brush: M keramiek / Tuxedo.
T.O.B.S Mr. Taylor's scheercrème.
Vintage Souplex razor / custom handle.
Asco Super Stainless (red wrapper) (5).
Hugo Boss Bottled EdT.

Brush with ceramic handle is under test (23).

Greetings

Friday 25th May 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: APShave Co. SynBad 24mm
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDP: L.I.D.G.E.

A few days ago I stated that I was 'warming' to this brush; well I now have the 'hots' for it! It really is a very nice brush indeed, a super silky face feel and good flex with a medium sized handle ideal for my medium/small hands and face lathering. If it had a bit smaller glue bump, which would give it a touch more flex, then for me it would be perfect.

Regards
Dick.

25.5.18.JPG

Last edited:
upload_2018-5-25_11-31-3.jpeg

Pre: shower
Razor: Dorco 2 blade disposable
Cream: ??!
Parfum: Terre D'Hermes

I have travelled for work since starting with a DE, but this was the first time I took a DE with me. Obviously it had to go in my hold luggage. Ordinarily at this stage I'd use my old Gillette Sensor with Tesco blades and a can of mini-goo, but this time I was reliant on what I could get in the lounge.

The Dorco was not a pleasure to use, but was effective enough. I probably could have got a shave comparable to my usual if I'd given it a second pass, but I wasn't going to bother with that. I think some of the credit could be given to the cream. It smelled awful, but hada decent amount of body, and was extremely lubricious. I was impressed enough to take what was left over away with me.

A quick squirt of Terre D'Hermes from the duty free on the way to the gate, and I'm good to go.

Enjoy your weekends, whenever they begin for you.

7_AEDEE83-4532-4769-_A457-6_FD7_ED01_C723.jpg

Supply (•••) & B-20
YaQi Space Fan
Maca Root

Fantastic shave with this setup. Effortless and close hair removal from the Supply with no issue. This V2.0 is a cut above it's predecessor, especially at its most aggressive setting. Angle is seemingly more intuitive and it gives far better feedback. Finished unnecessarily with the Maca Root Razor Relief. Good stuff all round!

Friday 25th May

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Soap
P&B Imperial Rum Soap
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Yaqi 24mm 2-Band Badger
Windrose CC Slant with a Permasharp Blade on a Windrose Handle
Alum Block and Rinse
Lacura Duo-Lift Moisturiser for Men
Benjamins Bay Rum with Pimento

After a rather challenging night at work...I wakened to find:
1) My new Yaqi Moka Express Badger Brush had NOT arrived.
2) A yellow weather warning in place in Wales for the weekend.
3) I had slept in....and missed an event at the Hay Festival.

A good shave did however come to the rescue. The Windrose slant is an aggressive beast....so 2 passes and a small touch up gave a lovely BBS shave
I will chill out for a time and then it is off to Hay to see the new Owen Sheers play 'Unicorns Almost' :)

SOTD 25MAY18.JPG
SOTD 25MAY18
Razor: Rocnel 'Sailor'
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (6)
Brush: M&F 'L7 Finest'
Soap & Splash: The Club 'Warrior of Howling Fjord'

My first shave with the Rocnel Sailor adjustable; word of caution, use a flat surface to load the blade or the top cap may shoot off like a torpedo or you'll cut your finger off, lol. I started at setting 3 of 5 for both passes and found it to be as aggressive as the Charcoal Goods Level 2 SB (maybe a tad bit more) with a little more blade feel. It was close in smoothness to the CG L2 as well. I enjoyed the shave and find the Sailor to be a fine razor both in appearance and performance.

Jabonman ‘Orange,Patchouli,Ylang Ylang'
SOC
Timeless .68OC dimpled handle
Gillette Nacet
Speick AS

Used to this combo all week which has served me well in the warm weather this week, another week's use will see the soap used up. The early Jabonman smells superb but takes a lot of effort to get a decent lather, fortunately his premium soap is a great improvement.[emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom