Soap Ariana & Evans Forbidden Fruit Sample 1st Use
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB
Blade Wizamet Iridium Super 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Used only pea size and bowl lather. Not huge lather cloud but enough for 4 passes. Thickness, creaminess & slickness is good. Scent was nice but not strong.
Shave with razor paired with blade was very comfortable...very smooth but somehow not as efficient. Very enjoyable 3+1 multiple passes without issues. Between BBS to DFS result. Icy water rinse followed by Icy Thayers then Hyaluronic and Whisky Wood. 9.6/10
20200721_132636.jpg
20200721_073137.jpg

SOTD 21/7/20

Razor- Gillette King C
Blade- Astra Green
Brush- Proraso Boar (starting to shed unfortunately)
Soap- Simpsons luxury cream- unscented
Post- @BartsBalm Amber & Moroccan Jasmine

Razor arrived today so had to give it a whirl. Its a weighty razor and for £13.40 I think its worth the gamble. Felt more aggressive than my Merkur 34c but the knurling isn't particularly deep and I can imagine it'd be easy to drop with wet hands if not careful. Also have to lie it down in my cabinet as the bottom is rounded so can't stand it up :(

Purposely used the Simpsons unscented cream tonight so that I could get an accurate representation of Barts balm and I wasn't disappointed.
The amber and Moroccan scent was mild but fantastic and it left my face feeling great. I'll admit (I won't be the first and certainly not the last) that I used way too much. Its true when people say Barts balms really do go a long way. No harm done however and a great shave all round.

Happy Tuesday folks :)

20200721_142618-01.jpeg

SOTD 21/7/20

Razor- Gillette King C
Blade- Astra Green
Brush- Proraso Boar (starting to shed unfortunately)
Soap- Simpsons luxury cream- unscented
Post- @BartsBalm Amber & Moroccan Jasmine

Razor arrived today so had to give it a whirl. Its a weighty razor and for £13.40 I think its worth the gamble. Felt more aggressive than my Merkur 34c but the knurling isn't particularly deep and I can imagine it'd be easy to drop with wet hands if not careful. Also have to lie it down in my cabinet as the bottom is rounded so can't stand it up :(

Purposely used the Simpsons unscented cream tonight so that I could get an accurate representation of Barts balm and I wasn't disappointed.
The amber and Moroccan scent was mild but fantastic and it left my face feeling great. I'll admit (I won't be the first and certainly not the last) that I used way too much. Its true when people say Barts balms really do go a long way. No harm done however and a great shave all round.

Happy Tuesday folks :)

View attachment 57372
No offence intended but you look like SpongeBob Squarepants in your reflection.
Screenshot_20200721_175419_com.brave.browser~2.jpg

Tuesday AM 2020-07-21
National Junk Food Day
VZUYKC8.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Floris No. 89 shaving soap (tallow)
Carbon Shaving Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Wilkinson London Bridge (4)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

N1wE1PZ.jpg

21/07/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson Commodore X1
Soap: Signature Soap Valentia
Razor: Henckels Rapide
Blade: Henckels Rapide Wedge (God only knows - 1 for me)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Proraso Red

View attachment 57351
Well that was an enjoyable shave, i re-stropped the blade 20 laps on Canvas and 25 on Leather, i had a GEM blade on Standby and the Rocnel is already in the bathroom.
This little Simpson is an amazing little brush and seems to hold a lot of lather, i completed a face lather straight from the tin, the Valentia from @BrianH 's Sig soap range is more typical of the scents i go for and did not disappoint at all, a nice well balance scent, a wonderful slick chin covering, very nice.
A little apprehensive to start with as this Henckels does look like something from Madame Tussaud's torture chamber. The first WTG pass was somewhat different and it took a while to find the angle, very hit and miss i was struggling a bit with going under the nose and over and under the chin.
Things seemed to click on the second XTG pass, the razor began to sing when the angle was correct, definitely a "Toast scraping" paid up member. I noticed the angle was relatively steep with the handle closer to the skin. keeping this in mind i completed a 90% ATG pass, again not confident under the nose and up and over the chin.
A nice cold water rinse and a check, i would say a DFS result with just the top lip and base of the chin giving light roughness indications.
Now then, looking at the little brush, i thought - plenty left in there - why not? a light tip dip and i set about creating another face-full of lovely scented Valentia lather, easily enough to complete a buffing pass.
Using the Rocnel, Top lip and chin area taken care of, i ran over the devils whirlpools to check and to be honest there was nothing there.
Result - BBS and feeling pretty comfortable with a nice post shave feel.
Another quick rinse, pat dry and a rub of witch hazel, very nice, no real indication, this just gets better.
I finished off with the Barts Balm Lotion then Balm and a good splash of Proraso Red.
Just Dandy.
One very happy bunny.
I completed a clean down of the razor dried off the blade and completed another set of Laps on the strop ready for its next outing.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day all

Well, that certainly sounds like you're well on your way with that razor. More shaves and hopefully it's really click for you. ATG under the nose, too, without the fear of beaching an inch and a half of straight edge into your schnozz!

Back
Top Bottom