Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable M3 (#5)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Brush: Yaqi 22mm 2B
Soap: SV Felce Aromatica
Pre: Proraso Cypress and Vetiver
ASL: Pino Alpestre
ASB: Creightons

View attachment 57271

This was a lovely shave. The lather from the SV was brilliant and the smell is divine. The BIC blade and Slim were made for each other. 2 passes for a DFS finish for the day.

That brush really looks a delight as well.

The Bic blade works really well with vintage Gillettes, I think it kind of goes a little under the radar to how good it really is.

The parker 22r / lancet SP was a wonderful smooth efficient duo. I've mentioned in my past postings that shaving products shaving produced in the sub continents don't get the credit they rightly deserve the Lancet SP is another example that you don't need to spend a fortune on DE blades to get a good shave.

Agree. I used the Lancet SP last week and I found after a few shaves it smoothed out and performed as well as anything and it was a delightful blade to use.

19/7/20

Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Treet Classic (3)
Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - Omega 11819
Post - Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Signature Soaps Danum Splash

The Treet Classic definitely gets a little sharper once the teflon coating wears through and with the BET, it was as smooth and efficient and efficient as anything, a truly delightful pairing - at times it felt like there was no blade in the razor and maybe that's why I got a little careless and let the razor slip at one point, and picked up a nick on my chin.

A few days into using @BrianH's new splash and in terms of performance I am very impressed with it. There's no ingredient list so I have no idea what it contains but in terms of how it performs to my other alcohol based splashes (my favourites are Benjamins Bay Rum w/Menthol) I'd say it's more mouisturising and the alcohol burn isn't as prevalent, then there's the scent which is a nice Patchouli one but not the strongest and doesn't stick to one's skin for that long (not a negative IMO, if I wanted a scent to last I'd use a EdT).

Anyway gents, have a good Sunday.

19/7/20

Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Treet Classic (3)
Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - Omega 11819
Post - Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Signature Soaps Danum Splash

The Treet Classic definitely gets a little sharper once the teflon coating wears through and with the BET, it was as smooth and efficient and efficient as anything, a truly delightful pairing - at times it felt like there was no blade in the razor and maybe that's why I got a little careless and let the razor slip at one point, and picked up a nick on my chin.

A few days into using @BrianH's new splash and in terms of performance I am very impressed with it. There's no ingredient list so I have no idea what it contains but in terms of how it performs to my other alcohol based splashes (my favourites are Benjamins Bay Rum w/Menthol) I'd say it's more mouisturising and the alcohol burn isn't as prevalent, then there's the scent which is a nice Patchouli one but not the strongest and doesn't stick to one's skin for that long (not a negative IMO, if I wanted a scent to last I'd use a EdT).

Anyway gents, have a good Sunday.
Thanks for the feedback it's always welcome. Fragrance strengths of Essential Oils will vary and some will linger longer than others. Patchouli is quite subtle after initial use, but perfect for triggering hippy memories!
Regards Brian

Thanks for the feedback it's always welcome. Fragrance strengths of Essential Oils will vary and some will linger longer than others. Patchouli is quite subtle after initial use, but perfect for triggering hippy memories!
Regards Brian

Just to add to this Brian, your Danum soap is the only soap that I have, were the scent is still with me later the next day. Subtle but it's still there. Great stuff.

Sandalwood Sunday

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Trad Shave Co. Badger
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (4)
Post - Kouros AS followed by some moisturiser with SPF

I didn't get a great lather today, it does seem to be hit and miss with soaps using this brush. Still, a good shave with two passes plus pickups.

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.
I decided on a quick shave before nipping out for a couple of hours this afternoon.

Pre- Bartls Lavender ASL
Soap- ExS Bay Rum
Brush- ExS Medium Jock 24mm Synth
Razor- Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade-Astra SP #5
Splash- Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

All done in 10 minutes. Like I said to Mrs Merchant Seaman, “ sometimes a quick one is the best one”.

Take care, stay safe.

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 Boar
Soap: Nuavia blu
Razor: Carbon Shaving CX TI - Carbon
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Floid Blue

SOTD_20200719.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Second use of my newly acquired Gillette Tech, with Nacet blade and Razorock Titanium handle, but all other aspects of my shave were thrown together entirely randomly with no rhyme or reason...

DSC_0890.JPG

It was such an unorganised shave I can't even remember the name of the shaving soap!

I hope your shave was far more ordered and disciplined and thoroughly fantastic! ;)(y)

Back
Top Bottom