SOTD : Saturday 17th October to Friday 23th October 2020.

Tabac Tue 20th SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum #3
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Excellent soap & brush combo creating a thick creamy and slick lather.
Shave with razor paired with blade was ohhh so smooth and comfortable for 3passes. Should stop but felt so good with the razor and went for a pickup and pay for it with 2 weepers. Very good post & aftershave. Rating 9.5/10.
Would have been perfect.
Reputation of razor and the shave is well deserved but depends on blade choice...
20201020_110735.jpg

SOTD : 20th October 2020.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush : Omega 10077.

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Sandalwood.

Blade: Mers ~ SuperShave X Platinum. (1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-wtg, 3-atg+pick ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, +eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~ Freshwood ASL.

L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning cold water shave,

I've mentioned in my past posting the Ming Shi 2000s is by far the most assertive/aggressive of all my adjustable razors.

The Ming Shi 2000s has a strong Love/Hate reputation within the wet shaving community...Mine was past on to me by a family friend, i also have a spare one too which i purchased myself as a spare both of them have good blade alignment, i personally find it to be a very good assertive razor. However, even on it's lowest setting it's still a very aggressive razor you must be it's master instantly when shaving with this Chinese made princess, It doesn't allow bad technique, or lack of concentration and most importantly the lightest of touch and much respect is vital if not, it'll bite you for sure.

Another excellent razor & blade duo mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups BBS near shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Tuesday 20th October

Simpson M7 in Best - Signature Soaps Capra - ER 1924/GEM SS - Blue Stratos.

The M7.....for a Simpson is relatively inexpensive but it is the most expensive one I own and performs poorly compared to its stablemates. Probably because I have only used it a handful of times since I got it. I need to use it more often to well and truly break it in.
3 passes for a 'Face Feeler'.

This was last night's shave and the theme was 'Quick and easy as I can't be bothered my arse'

View attachment 60470

Colonial General V2
Feather Super Professional
Yaqi Dandelion
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Firenze Profumo

Only a fleeting dash here, but yesterday was quite long having to take my father in to hospital for his operation. By the time I returned home I found myself in need of a shave to freshen up and so reached for a few items which would see my needs met with the minimal of fuss. And they did exactly that with the most wonderful of finishes.

So wonderful I am sat here this evening waiting to hear back as to how everything went with the surgery and still feeling the benefits of last night's shave. So much so I'll give it all a miss this evening and hope to have every reason to bounce back tomorrow.

Until then I will leave you with some. Usic from that wonderful bunch of Japanese ladies known a Band Maid

So far everything I have heard from the hospital has been everything I want to hear.
Best wishes for your Father's fast recovery

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - Tabac
Brush - GFT travel brush
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (5)
Post - Moisturiser

Gave the travel brush a run out this morning. I didn't want it getting left out and feeling lonely. It struggled to hold all the lather generated in it, just kept building up on my fingers. However, a nice almost three pass shave.

IMG_8149.jpg

Delayed Happy Birthday to you @mpf9ret, hope you had a good day.

20/10/2020

Brush - Zenith Euro X (unbleached boar 23 mm/56 mm)
Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Lancet Super Platinum (13)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Signature Soaps Danum

The black dog's been standing behind me for the last few days, this morning the act of shaving seemed a little futile but as ever it was good to get it done. I managed to pick up a little razor burn from yesterday's shave so I finished the shave with SS Danum splash, my go to post shave product if my skin's not feeling 100%.

Delayed Happy Birthday to you @mpf9ret, hope you had a good day.

20/10/2020

Brush - Zenith Euro X (unbleached boar 23 mm/56 mm)
Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Lancet Super Platinum (13)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Signature Soaps Danum

The black dog's been standing behind me for the last few days, this morning the act of shaving seemed a little futile but as ever it was good to get it done. I managed to pick up a little razor burn from yesterday's shave so I finished the shave with SS Danum splash, my go to post shave product if my skin's not feeling 100%.
Thank you ☺️

20/10/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: SBB 26mm Silver tip - Cocobolo
Soap: Tabac
Razor: 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Edge By: @Ulrik
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Wk 43 (11).JPG
The shaving Gods must have been appeased as today they rewarded me with a very enjoyable 2 pass shave, with everything coming together in harmony.
I also believe i now know what happened to my ear lobe with my last Straight shave so that should not happen again.
Feeling Tip top, sporting a DFS+ finish and smelling all 1970's.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

20 October

TOBS Sandalwood
Simfix 2 band super
MÜHLE R41 + Ikon handle
Gillette Silver Blue
Clinique post-shave soother

7136A3C2-83ED-4312-A2C0-4B052D821112.jpeg

Another ridiculously excessive lather from the Taylor's cream, which makes for a fun shave all round. The little Simfix brush holds a magical Simpson knot, this is a brush with abilities beyond it's relatively humble station. A fine shave was the result, close and comfortable.

20 October 2020 – lunchtime – managed a quick 15k cycle ride mid-morning before the rain starts, headwind was brutal but it was dry and surprisingly mild …. Excellent three pass shave (3 days growth). Tiny nick under the bottom lip, easily fixed.

Prep: Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Braveheart on Muehle pole
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (black)
Soap: Erasmic Cream squeezed into empty Erasmic bowl
After: Cold Water splash – Ajanta Alum – Autograph ASB (error corrected)
IMG_0376.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom