SOTD : Saturday 17th October to Friday 23th October 2020.

Crikey, hope the operations went well and rejoice the sensation of having a clean shaven face again!

Monday's Shave

• Pre: Argan Oil Soap
  • Brush: Wild West Brush Works 26mm Synbad
  • Razor: Filarmonica 13 with Custom Scales by John June
  • Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
  • Splash: Quorum
  • Balm: Bart's Lavender Balm
  • Scent: 401 E Amatrice

This Razor came home from some work today , it has had new scales they are a smoky grey acrylic and see through , the wedge is done in Emerald coloured acrylic. The original scales had a warp in them that made them catch if you weren't careful. It now has a set scales that match how it shaves.

Last edited:
19/10/2020

Brush - Zenith Euro X (unbleached boar 23 mm/56 mm)
Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Lancet Super Platinum (12)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim

I loaded a little less soap today but still managed to create enough lather for 4 passes, probably an improvement on the 5 passes worth yesterday! Even though the Zenith unbleached boar is the most efficient boar brush I own (almost as efficient as a synth), doesn't hold the lather in the middle of the brush and has good face feel, I still seem to favour my roughly same sized Omega 11819 which is softer, a little more on the moppy side of things, takes a bit more soap to get going I think I prefer the face of the Omega.
Nonetheless it produced another exceptional lather with Tabac and the FHT/LSP produced a very smooth and comfortable shave.

Monday 19th October

Oumo 24mm LE SHD Finest Fan - MDC Original - GEM Featherweight/ GEM SS - Dunhill for Men EDT

Post night Shift and following the theme I used the Oumo 'Frightening for 2020' brush. Ignoring the spelling mistake....it is one of the nicest/best brushes I own.
3 passes for a fantastic finish

19 October

TOBS Sandalwood
Plisson synthetic
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Personna med prep
Clinique post-shave soother

A fabulous two pass shave this morning with a classic shaving cream, and a spectacular lather was produced on the face. Perhaps I had picked up a little too much cream with my dab into the pot, but it was glorious. The rest of the shave went well too, and a close and comfortable shave was the result.

19/10/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor: Feather SS ACS-NB
Blade: Kai Captain Pink (6)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Aftershave: Arran soap Co. Machrie

I am really starting to appreciate this little razor, a very nice shave today.
The Arran soaps are among my favourites and i like the scent of the Machrie, very much to my taste, hard to describe though, it is crisp, clean and fresh - from the official description.
"The Machrie fragrance is a clean, crisp, refreshing scent that balances light, yet intense ingredients including Sea Salt, Labdanum, Myrrh, Clary Sage, Patchouli and Rockrose."
The lather is fantastic.
2 passes 1st WTG and then a mixed XTG/ATG pass to give a DFS++ comfortable result.
The Post shave products carrying on the wonderful scent.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Mon 19th October

RR Syn.24mm
Mondial Tabacco Verde
Occams-Oren / 3dot
Feather Proguard [4 ]
La Toja A/S Lotion

Ate the Cake a day early and had no problems with the candles.A quite nice travel Shave as the lighting/mirrors in the Hotel we stayed in was very good. Nice to see both Sons and Granddaughters together.

Very many happy returns on your milestone birthday Mike!!!