The best SEptember shave I've had so far this month. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jMTEL1Xz_o.jpeg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Schick Krona
Supermax Super Platinum (1)
Phoenix and Beau Oberon
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Cerruti 1881 Men

I knew my Complete Shakespeare would come in handy one day! This soap was an impulse purchase based on the label and scent profile, lavender is starting to grow on me (not literally) as a scent. Generally I find P&B soaps hit and miss for me with the scents but this is an absolute belter! Aside from lavender I'm not good at picking out components but as a combination it is superb. Very glad I took the plunge, along with Star Noir and Solaris this is a winner.

First use of my new Schick Krona, been after one for years and most seem to be Stateside with extortionate postage, would never pay more for post than a razor itself, saw @Blademonkey's post and couldn't resist. A lovely maiden voyage, very mild and easy to use. Could be a tad closer in places but I won't quibble on a close, comfortable shave.

Shavemac worked superbly with the soap, very easy to create a dense, creamy lather. The longer curing and new tubs are marked improvement. Also seem to have gotten a well filled tub which is a plus. Finished off with come Cerruti 1881which shares a lot of the Oberon profile.

jMTEL1Xz_o.jpeg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Schick Krona
Supermax Super Platinum (1)
Phoenix and Beau Oberon
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Cerruti 1881 Men

I knew my Complete Shakespeare would come in handy one day! This soap was an impulse purchase based on the label and scent profile, lavender is starting to grow on me (not literally) as a scent. Generally I find P&B soaps hit and miss for me with the scents but this is an absolute belter! Aside from lavender I'm not good at picking out components but as a combination it is superb. Very glad I took the plunge, along with Star Noir and Solaris this is a winner.

First use of my new Schick Krona, been after one for years and most seem to be Stateside with extortionate postage, would never pay more for post than a razor itself, saw @Blademonkey's post and couldn't resist. A lovely maiden voyage, very mild and easy to use. Could be a tad closer in places but I won't quibble on a close, comfortable shave.

Shavemac worked superbly with the soap, very easy to create a dense, creamy lather. The longer curing and new tubs are marked improvement. Also seem to have gotten a well filled tub which is a plus. Finished off with come Cerruti 1881which shares a lot of the Oberon profile.
Please stop posting photos of that brush nolisco :D

The Segal was a little rough, my guess is the way I modified the Tian Li blade left something to be desired. On the other hand, the head shave with the PAA Bakelite slant , ridiculously paired with the heavy Stealth Slant handle, two shims, and a fresh Nacet, was surprisingly great, smooth, close, two pass plus not much clean up BBS.
6aec0da5b2f3e7d34de75a1eb960ceaf.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus P&C LE 2017 Manchurian Silvertip
Soap: Stirling Tuscany
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (1)
EDC: Farina 1709 Original

The Stirling Tuscany scent is a very pleasant Italian cologne style - to me somewhere between Aqua Di Parma and Aqua Di Geo. It is a subtle scent - I'd maybe prefer it a touch more prominent. The Stirling lather was excellent, and the vintage Gillette blade worked beautifully in the ATT razor. Lots of audio feedback, and a very close and comfortable shave.
The Farina cologne matched well with the soap scent.

Back
Top Bottom