SOTD : Saturday 15th September - Friday 21st September 2018.

Thursday 20th September PM

2004383cfe02356e388758ee1428304a.jpg

Prep: Warm rinse with Nivea Sensitive Face Wash then Proraso Sensitive Pre Shave cream
Soap: Wickham Buddha Wood
Brush: Executive Shaving Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge
Post: Cold rinse, Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber followed by BartsBalm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine.

This is the longest I've had between shaves since I started DE shaving in July. It wasn't through choice, just long hours at work.

With 3 days growth and the evening to myself, I was looking forward to tonight's shave. I chose the Fatboy as my weapon of choice and armed it with a fresh 7 O'clock yellow blade. No significant change in my prep and the 2nd outing with the Wickham Buddha Wood soap. The scent is really growing on me and the soap certainly provides a nice slick lather. There's a lovely subtle rose note and this just sets the mood - relaxing. The blade glided without any complaint and the after feel from the lather is great.

My first WTG pass was one of the best in a long time. Effortless and enjoyable. A lovely sound came from the blade and as I rinsed the smoothness was surprising to say the least. Areas were just short of BBS on most of my face.

A quick lather and 2nd pass XTG had my neck and most of my face finished. A 3rd and final ATG pass only around the goatee area and I was silky smooth. No need for any pickups.

A hit of Thayers and small amount of Barts Balm and I was done. A great finish this evening, if I don't say so myself! There's no doubt that the more growth I have the smoother, closer and more enjoyable shave I have. I just can't live with stubble! Go figure!?!

Have a great evening folks! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20180919_230739_1537477789750-1205x1695.jpg

Got the first use of my New Improved today, from my Bostonian set. It was GORGEOUS.

Great weight, lovely solid feel and it seems to bend the blade in the head so the angle of attack is slightly different to my others razors. A joy to use and a perfect BBS shave in 3 passes.

Have a great evening.

Thursday 20th September 2018
SOTD.jpg

Pre shave: Warm shower and Nivea face wash + Noxzema Shave Cream
Razor: OneBlade Core v2
Blade: Feather (#2)
Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood cream
Brush: Vulfix 404
Bowl: Korium
Post shave: Alum block, cold water splash and Humpreys Cucumber witch hazel
AS: Lab Series balm

Evening B. - I notice that you use the Heno de Pravia glycerine as a pre-shave often - they do a tallow version with the same scent - have you tried it? If not - pm me - and I'll happily send you one to try. Yours - I.
Many thanks Iain..... I currently have the whole collection and really nice they are.....courtesy of Gemstone. Heno de Pravia is the incumbent bar soap at the moment,

View attachment 38494

Got the first use of my New Improved today, from my Bostonian set. It was GORGEOUS.

Great weight, lovely solid feel and it seems to bend the blade in the head so the angle of attack is slightly different to my others razors. A joy to use and a perfect BBS shave in 3 passes.

Have a great evening.

Superb photo ;)

Many thanks Iain..... I currently have the whole collection and really nice they are.....courtesy of Gemstone. Heno de Pravia is the incumbent bar soap at the moment,

No worries B. - the pick of the bunch - for me - would be the La Toja Magno - tallow based and heavy on the glycerin - nice scent too - Puig Lavanda needs no further introduction - ditto - the Alvarez Gomez. Gemstone are good people to deal with - in my experience - their prices are excellent - I know how much these soaps cost in Spanish supermarkets - and they don't mark them up much - if at all. My other half is mildly addicted to the Heno de Pravia air fresheners they sell - they smell just like the cologne - cheers - I.

21 September

Soap: Saponificio Varesino felce aromatica
Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm tuxedo elegant emerald
Razor: MÜHLE Rocca R96
Blade: Ladas super stainless (4)
AS: Saponificio Varesino felce aromatica
EDT: Creed Royal Oud Millesime

I still cannot upload a picture, server says no. Do any of you gentlemen have experience of this or a solution to this problem?

Failing a pretty picture, my poor attempt at descriptive writing will have to do. I decided to use the Saponificio Varesino soap from yesterday and loaded the AP Shave Co synthetic brush, face lathering up a fine, thick, and slick coating, enough lather for multiple passes. I only needed the two...barely. I always feel that the Rocca, just like it's cousin the R101 (R41), could shave you in one careful pass. I'm not quite that careful! A wonderfully close shave which finished with the matching Saponificio Varesino aftershave and Creed Royal Oud, my favourite scent.

Back
Top Bottom