SOTD : Saturday 14th April - Friday 20th April 2018.

image.jpg ~SOTD~

My last shave with Igor!

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Igor SE (on loan)
Blade ~ Gem Stainless
Soap ~ Eufros Zanzibar
Brush ~ Anbbas Boar
Post ~ Thayers / Taylor's Of Old Bond St Aftershave (AF)
Scent ~ Penhaligons Vaara EDP

Well my last shave was much the same as the other six shaves, nothing short of wonderful. Very close yet comfortable on the medium setting. I did not feel the need to put it on a higher setting and risking what have been great shaves. BBS everytime without trying too hard to acheve this kind of finnish. Mr T White the owner and maker of this and other razors such as the Bunny which I have also tried is a very talented man indeed but also very modest so I shall not embarrass him by going on to much about his greatness but I would like to thank him for the oppertunity to try another one of his razors. Big shout going out to @twhite510 Thank you. :) P.
It's off to warmer pastures now......Spain! All change....another part of Europe!( Igor, not me ) :)

Have a wonderful day people......P.

Last edited:
View attachment 34988 ~SOTD~

My last shave with Igor!

Blade ~ Gem Stainless
Soap ~ Eufros Zanzibar
Brush ~ Anbbas Boar

Well my last shave was much the same as the other six shaves, nothing short of wonderful. Very close yet comfortable on the medium setting. I did not feel the need to put it on a higher setting and risking what have been great shaves. BBS everytime without trying too hard to acheve this kind of finnish. Mr T White the owner and maker of this and other razors such as the Bunny which I have also tried is a very talented man indeed but also very modest so I shall not embarrass him by going on to much about his greatness but I would like to thank him for the oppertunity to try another one of his razors. Big shout going out to @twhite510 Thank you. :) P.
It's off to warmer pastures now......Spain!

And let me guess, Paul - doing a little "shopping" over there?;)

20180419_222850-jpg.27999

GEM G-BAR
GEM SS
Maseto Silvertip
Speick Shaving Cream and Aftershave

Good Morning Gents,

It's the first time I've used anything from Speick and have to say I was impressed. The cream seemed pretty thirsty and took a light while to create the volume required but this wasn't a negative. I found the cream to behave like a hard soap and the lather created was very much like something you would get from a hard soa.
The scent strength was light but present throughout and the scent was fresh with a hint of citrus. This is my first time using it but performance wise I would say it was above average.

The aftershave was good but not the best I've used before. The face feel was OK but I've used better. The scent was very light and didn't hang around. Again I don't think this is a bad thing. Sometimes you just want an aftershave to do its job but with a scent.

Not a bad shave at all.

Have a good weekend chaps.

All The Best
Rob

View attachment 34988 ~SOTD~

My last shave with Igor!

Blade ~ Gem Stainless
Soap ~ Eufros Zanzibar
Brush ~ Anbbas Boar

It's off to warmer pastures now......Spain!

Have a good Holiday mate.:cool::)

FullSizeRender.jpg

First use of the Gem Flying Wing aka Bullet Tip. This beautifully designed and engineered razor gave me a great first shave - it just felt right in every way. Although I love the way many of my other razors shave, they all, with out exception, feel crude in comparison to the Flying Wing. First use of the Proraso since last summer - great. A storm of a lather was whipped-up by the little 'diamond in the rough" that is the Omega "Chunky Chubb". Finished off with some Floid Mentolado Vigoroso for a further menthol hit on this glorious summer morning. Wishing a great day to all...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom