SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 October 2023.

Hurrah hurrah it's a Friday, and it is that time of the week to say, 'And for my final shave for this past of week of SOTD's it is much to your pleasure and pain I welcome you to my shave with the theme, 'Bollocks I have to work at midnight''

20231020_145108.jpg

The dog's bollocks - Stainless Mongoose
The dog's danglies - Schick Proline
Big testicles - Highlander LFC
Cream of testicles - Proraso soap
On your face cream - Proraso balm

'There you are sir. Shave with this lot'

It just had to be the Highlander LFC being as it's the derby tomorrow and it would be sacrilegious to include anything blue. I would be cast to the eternal fires of Hell to live a life of servitude for my sins. Oh, actually I already do. Ahhh, home.

'Get the tea on will you love? I'll be home in a couple of millenia'

I am such a dinosaur. This is the first time I have ever used a Proraso soap and I really must admit I missed a trick here. Not sure if it's a croap, a soap or a cream and rather looks like one should spoon it on to some strawberries. But instead I chose to spoon it on to my face using a brush and my oh my, what an absolutely superb bit of cheap soap it is. So so easy to lather and to shave in to. I really am a dinosaur. And if I was I would be a Diplodocus.

So a great shave and time to go back to bed for a midnight start. So what's new? Me and half a dozen witches.

Have a wonderful weekend you great folk and I love you all. I leave you in the capable hands of those Puffyshoes girls because that is what Fridays are all about...

Friday 20th October

ADCreHc5yA6HPGrpGeY7PZwooOCYqv57PK2XAMk_0CAipwiDmt3SpzXy18LyGNaXx3i132Cb-FyGJdnBn_D-8kMhdjAhpO6zfgYAp_tez_8FJfK4B14JjSzpK89rlF1Knyi-C_UB0Vr_T9V0dbhM9nIGOd8t7g=w800

Gillette Original Shaving Cream & HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
Gillette G2 Plus & Gillette G2 Plus Cartgridge (5)
Imperial Leather Classic (Vintage) Aftershave

Smashing! I really like the Gillette II format and those G2 Plus cartridges are quite alright ... even with a Lubrastrip (shudder).

SOTD Friday 20th October
6AA5102F-86BF-4E19-AD04-A8179317D01F.jpeg
Pre - shower, Imperial Leather face wash

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Astra SP (3)

Post - cold face wash with remains of lather, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sports EDT

Refreshment - Vimto maybe?

This Astra blade is definitely on it’s last legs, felt quite scratchy even though the lather was slick. Alum stung a fair bit too. But a decent end result after 2 passes and a tidy up. Although it was difficult concentrating with the rain beating on the bathroom window and the sounds of garden furniture being blown about outside!
67AD8F1B-084D-4DB9-859A-E8853268E5CA.jpeg
Can you tell that Storm Babet to keep it down a bit, I’m trying to sleep here

Back
Top Bottom