SOTD Saturday 13th to Friday 19th August 2016

Prep - NSS Old Grey Bristle Test pre shave soap
Razor - Gillette English Superspeed Blue Tip
Blade - Feather
Brush - Whipped Dog 24mm synthetic
Soap - Wickham Super Smooth English Rose
Post - Real Shaving Co balm

An interesting experiment today. One of the mildest razors combined with what is probably the sharpest blade currently in production. My usual preference is for a medium aggressive razor combined with a blade one notch below the Feather e.g. PSI or Gillette Stainless. The narrow blade gap and low exposure makes the Blue Tip a bit of a challenge to use, but when I did hit the sweet spot, the Feather made short work of my stubble. So much so I even managed to acquire a couple of small weepers.

It took 3 passes to get a DFS, whereas usually I can do this with 2 plus a few touch ups, so probably not an experience to be repeated. A final note on the soap. This is my third shave with the original Wickham formula and finally got it spot on. Great cushion and glide. Note to self: do not overdo the water with this one.

4aaad261e68463c185c78f305298ee99.jpg

Last edited:
66e016412f0cc6179030d23065ccb5e1.jpg

Haven't used the 1912 in a while, I used my Darwin Deluxe handles with it when it clicked that it would fit.

Saponficio Varesino Cosmo Soap
Ever Ready 1912 w/Darwin Deluxe Handle
Gem Blade(?)
Artesania Romera Rustic Barber 26mm Manchurian
Saponficio Varesino Cosmo Aftershave Splash/Balm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Fabulous brush.

14th August 2016.
sunday shave..jpg
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower./ Cien Aloe Vera Bath Soap / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker 99R.
  • Blade:Gillette 7o'Clock SharpEdge. (2)
  • Brush: Semogue 1438.
  • Crean:Ingram Menthol. + 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S:Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion.
  • A nice early morning sunday shave, the 7o'clock yet again performed superbly to give me another excellent 3 pass+ pick up's no irritation smooth shave..what more can i say;).excellent..to give the morning a kick start, i used Alcolado Glacial & Arko Fresh balm for a zingy cool sunday feeling.:confused:..enjoy your day.

Last edited:
20160814_SOTDS_zpsvzvrtcf9.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan Fine L
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Wow, great picture.

image.jpgSOTD Sunday 14th August 2016. Good morning shaving room.
Continuing the old school shave from yesterday today my shave kit was my Gellette FB 1960 on setting four, old spice shaving soap and a good splash of old spice AS , omega boar hair brush.
Fully hydrated after a shower I splashed on some of the bloom water and whipped up a great lather from the vintage old spice puck.
Three pass shave, no dramas, nice and close.
Finished with a splash of original old spice AS , a great start to any Sunday!
Wishing you a restful Sunday , over and out.

Soap: Saponificio Varesino tundra artica
Had issues with the lather again. This is nothing to do with the soap, just my inexperience. The soap dissipated quickly on the face. I'm finding the amount of water to use to be a fine balancing act. ...
I've also been similarly disappointed with SV soap. Mine is the "Felce" fern scent. You could try loading the brush more heavily but likewise for me the lather is just a bit sad. Anymuch easier and better ones out there. My puck has recently started to crack into several pieces too which just adds frustration. It's a great pity because the scent is wonderful although very mild with my puck.
Plenty people rave about these soaps but I'm afraid I just don't get it.

Last edited:
View attachment 20182SOTD Sunday 14th August 2016. Good morning shaving room.
Continuing the old school shave from yesterday today my shave kit was my Gellette FB 1960 on setting four, old spice shaving soap and a good splash of old spice AS , omega boar hair brush.
Fully hydrated after a shower I splashed on some of the bloom water and whipped up a great lather from the vintage old spice puck.
Three pass shave, no dramas, nice and close.
Finished with a splash of original old spice AS , a great start to any Sunday!
Wishing you a restful Sunday , over and out.
Classic shave set up:)..it maybe old school but, old school quality will always carry on.. Regards.:cool:

Speick Sunday
Pre: Pears soap face wash & steam
Speick shave cream
Semogue 1305
Muhle r41. Wilkinson classic(#4)
Post: cold rinse, Speick a/s lotion, Proraso a/s balm, Nivea moisturiser.
Two pass shave, clean, close, comfortable. Fantastic razor!View attachment 20183
Yes it is a fantastic razor.

Sun 14th August
Omega 11126 boar
OSP Bay Rum
PAL Golden Injecto Matic
Schick Single [ 2-Japan ]
Alum Rub & Rinse off
Tuff green A/S lotion

Another day another PAL. Had to squeeze the shave in between Olympic Catch up , have not got the stamina to stay up to watch live events. Seem to be having nice successive Sunday shaves lately, even though I rushed this one a bit the finish was first class .

IMG_0796.jpg

Sun 14th August
Omega 11126 boar
OSP Bay Rum
PAL Golden Injecto Matic
Schick Single [ 2-Japan ]
Alum Rub & Rinse off
Tuff green A/S lotion

Another day another PAL. Had to squeeze the shave in between Olympic Catch up , have not got the stamina to stay up to watch live events. Seem to be having nice successive Sunday shaves lately, even though I rushed this one a bit the finish was first class .

View attachment 20184
OSP bay rum is going to be my next purchase, if spice road is anything to go by I won't be disappointed .

Back
Top Bottom