SOTD : Saturday 13th July - Friday 19th July

nmtEqPS.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette 'Swede' (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica Balm
Scent: Parfums De Marly Galloway Royal Essence

After trialing a Derby Extra blade for the last three shaves, the contrast could not have been starker than this shave with a NOS Gillette Swede. Oh-so-sharp yet very smooth, it is a superlative blade that can duke it out with any contender. Simply glide the razor around your face with zero pressure, and this blade provides a magnificent shave.
Whenever I use a SV soap, I think back to my early experiences with these soaps. I had pretty much written them off as mediocre performers, but Rob aka @Blackmass gave me a bollocking and told me to lift my game lather-wise. I subsequently discovered that I had not been adequately hydrating this thirsty soap, and once I did so, I was rewarded with wonderful lather, and SV soaps are now among my favourites. Cheers Rob (y).

Three passes for a super-close BBS, then off to Perth Stadium to see Perth Glory take on Man United.

nmtEqPS.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette 'Swede' (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica Balm
Scent: Parfums De Marly Galloway Royal Essence

After trialing a Derby Extra blade for the last three shaves, the contrast could not have been starker than this shave with a NOS Gillette Swede. Oh-so-sharp yet very smooth, it is a superlative blade that can duke it out with any contender. Simply glide the razor around your face with zero pressure, and this blade provides a magnificent shave.
Whenever I use a SV soap, I think back to my early experiences with these soaps. I had pretty much written them off as mediocre performers, but Rob aka @Blackmass gave me a bollocking and told me to lift my game lather-wise. I subsequently discovered that I had not been adequately hydrating this thirsty soap, and once I did so, I was rewarded with wonderful lather, and SV soaps are now among my favourites. Cheers Rob (y).

Three passes for a super-close BBS, then off to Perth Stadium to see Perth Glory take on Man United.

Hi Tom,

Laffin!:D

It's laughable I could give anyone a bollocking on how to create a lather BUT I was confident in the performance of the SV soaps. Some may not rate their scents but I haven't heard anyone dis the performance.

I hope you are keeping well my friend.
BTW Did you like Cedrat Boise?

Laters
Rob

Saturday, 13 July 2019

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: OSP Vintage
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

After my last experience with an Astra blade two weeks ago, I was a bit hesitant about today's shave. This was misplaced; I had a smooth shave; so the previous blade--which served as a bit of a meat grinder was obviously a dud (or my technique was off that day). Anyway, a fine shave.

Hope yours was good, as well.

I love trying new stuff and today it's the iKon X3 slant matted to a 80mm iKon bulldog handle. Very nice indeed. I own the Merkur 37C & 39C and enjoy them when they come up in rotation so I was looking forward to this one. Loaded it up with a Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium and set about the shave.

Today's soap comes from CBL Soaps - Ghost Pineapple which is a mentholated tropical smelling dream of a soap! So easy to lather and such an amusing scent. Cushion, slickness - amazing. A bunch of CBL Soaps have come to the den and I am looking forward to trying them all.

Set about the shave and between the absolute smoothness of the X3 and the scent and performance of the Ghost Pineapple what started out as a two pass “trial” ended up being a three pass BBS finish! Reached for the Stirling Weekend in Malibu AS which is a perfect match and nirvana achieved. Quick spritz of English Laundry Tahitian Waters EDP and we are ready for Saturday evening!

Wow, all the days chores rewarded with a fine shower and shave. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Take care, safe travels and happy shaves all.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: iKon X3 Slant
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: CBL Ghost Pineapple
Aftershave: Stirling Weekend in Malibu
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
English Laundry Tahitian Waters
DA66EA1C-A64B-440C-8B7E-1D7A1F9C8747.jpeg

[IMG]

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Dubi Duck Solingen Full Hollow 13/16th
Fitchard Pure Badge
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Wonderful Shave Today with My Dubi Duck Solingen 13/16th..Its a Very Beautiful Shaver..Sharp & Uber Smooth..My Skin is as Polished as a Pair of Guardsman's Drill Boots..Shiny & Shiny..Think My Next Shave will be with My Other Dubi Duck Square Point..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:kar:

Billy

[IMG]

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Dubi Duck Solingen Full Hollow 13/16th
Fitchard Pure Badgeo
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Wonderful Shave Today with My Dubi Duck Solingen 13/16th..Its a Very Beautiful Shaver..Sharp & Uber Smooth..My Skin is as Polished as a Pair of Guardsman's Drill Boots..Shiny & Shiny..Think My Next Shave will be with My Other Dubi Duck Square Point..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:kar:

Billy

Have to say Billy, you are the owner of some cracking looking razors. (y)

Date:- 14 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Shamrock Tweed
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Slim Adjustable / NOS Wizamet Polsilver Brown #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tabac

SOTD : 14th JULY 2019.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Synthetic.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap / Palmolive Classic shaving cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Super-Max ~ Blue Diamond Titanium coated.(1)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut~ Original ASL.

Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

Another wonderfully relaxing Williams Superlather sunday shave.

The TTO premium classic razor paired together with the S-M Blue Diamond Titanium wonderfully giving this non-aggressive TTO razor a smooth efficient edge. The blades arn't the sharpest blades but are a very smooth and forgiving i normally get 3-4 acceptable 3 pass + pick ups shaves from each blade ,which i consider excellent.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 13th July SOTD

Tabac Stick
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
RazoRock Game Changer
Voskhod (1)
Vitos Tobacco Aftershave

I snuck in a late evening shave last night, having driven from from Nottingham to St Austell I 'ndeed' a bit of R&R.
My best shave yet with the Game Changer, loaded with a fresh Voskhod - no irritation or weepers

Back
Top Bottom