Friday afternoon

Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Superspeed 1951
Astra SP
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Wickham's 1912 Cashmere after shave
Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Colonia (Vetiver)

Lovely smooth shave today. I'd forgot how good the Cashmere soap is. The Superspeed hadn't had an outing for a while; so it was a welcome return.

2F66B5F3-BF68-4954-83F1-C5A56C67AC0F.jpeg

Good Friday 19th April
Birthday shave
Heno de Pravia glycerine soap pre-shave - Yaqi Aluminium Tux - Rose of Bulgaria Cream - Pal Adjustable - Schick Proline B #7 - Rose of Bulgaria A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream
lV1NMhn.jpg

Great Easter weekend to all.

Happy Birthday !

Friday, 19 April 2019

PreShave: Warm water, from the tap
Cream: OSP Vintage
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Polsilver SI (7)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

The second time I've used OSP creams, this time with a bit less water. It made for a great lather, and a fine shave., a welcome addition to the cream rotation.

19/04/19

Screenshot_20190419-194257~2.png

Pre: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: OSP Orange & Patchouli
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Razor: Rockwell 6S - R4
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel Lavender/lime/Tea tree/lime/patchouli/ Eucalyptus astringen,
Balm: E45
Aftershave: Floid SE Mentolado Vigaroso.

A very nice shave indeed.
1st time with the R4 plate & i like it, a very close shave.
Easy 2 pass shave WTG & ATG. No incidents and only small indications from Alum block here and there.
Sitting with the glowing effect of the Floid MV a happy man.
Enjoy the rest of the long weekend all.

Last edited:
Wednesday 17th April
Prep: Hot face wash Pears
Soap: Chiseled Faced Ghost Town Barber
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
Bowl: Timeless
Razor: Gillette Tech Ikon OSS handle
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow
AS: Brut
ASB: Superdrug 2 in 1
Thursday 18th April
Prep: Hot face wash Pears Mint
Soap: Cattie's Bubbles Waterlyptus
Brush: Yaqi 28mm Tux
Razor: Gillette Tech Maggard MR15 Hex handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
AS: Nivea 2 Phase
PSB: Nivea Sensitive Cooling
Friday 19th April
Prep: Hot face wash L'oreal Hydra Sensitive
Soap: B&M Patches
Brush: Maggard 24mm Red Swirl
Razor: Rockwell 6C R4
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson (2)
AS: Superdrug Forrest Fresh
PSB: L'oreal Hydra Sensitive

And this day brought with it a shave with the theme 'Lord of the sinks'

Orcrist - Oneblade V1
Hadhafang - Feather FHS-10.....because there is isn't anything else which fits outside of a modified Gem. After seeing some bloke rip one apart with a pair of huge adjustable wrenches on a YouTube video, I thought 'Bugger that one in the name of modifying'.
Gandalf the Wizard brush - Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic
Samwise the soapy Gamgee - ADP Collezione Barbiere9
No beard the Treebeard - ADP Colonia Club aftershave
The fantastic fragrant Faramir - ADP Colonia Club EDC

Oneblade to rule them all, oneblade to find them and Only one bloody blade to bring them altogether and in the darkness shave them. That would be the Feather FHS-10

In consideration that 99% of the characters in Lord of the Rings have a beard it may seem an odd theme for my SOTD. Hey we even have a bearded tree, but hey ho so is the way of life.......and the hairy trees agree.

So our adventure begins with more a habit than a hobbit.

This shave was all about my first outing with the Oneblade. In this case it is one of the earlier V1's bought from here on the BST and in immaculate condition. Many thanks to @Chinski for a wonderfully easy transaction and for the unused tub of Razorock Emperor soap which came included.

Out of the rather extravagant box first impressions were very good. Beautifully made and engineered with a high standard of finish and tolerances. The handle is not the most ergonomic to grasp when using but I forgive that as it does add to the overall looks. More form than function.

There is plenty of hype and claims with the Oneblade and you'd think with the all the scribblings on the web that the pivoting head is something new and ground-breaking, when in reality it has been around for decades in some way shape form or another. I will say though the pivot on the OB does work exceptionally well. In essence an upmarket Gillette Sensor 2 pivoting disposable.

Establishing the blade couldn't be an easier exercise. Slide in, click and job done. I was a bit sceptical with its security at first but my concerns were soon dispelled in use. Removal is equally as easy. The head does lean towards the bulky side of the story and to this effect my measuring stick of the Ikon SB is far better for delivering an accurate shave and more so with its edge to edge blade coverage. My other gripe being the blade is quite set back within the head which doesn't help with precision. Expect shorter side burns whether you want them or not. Despite its size and the grim reapers on the web I found it was far more agile than I might have thought it would be, and I can only assume that whoever said 'useless under the nose' either has a beard, sported a moustache or a trunk.

The Feather FHS-10. Someone did suggest it is called the Oneblade simply because there is only one blade which fits outside of using pipe wrenches and vices etc. I will say in the defence of this oneness it is an excellent blade and in the context of the OneBlade it works and it works very well indeed. Only time will tell whether or not it gets much beyond three shaves. And no it doesn't glow blue when in the presence of facial hair.

But does it bloody well work?

Not only does it work, but it is up there with the finest shaves I have ever had. I read plenty of reviews etc and in amongst all this folk mentioned 'I am still getting used to the OneBlade' and 'takes time to adjust to' etc etc. It took approximately the first 2 or 3 strokes with this baby to say 'yup, that's it'. It is that simple. Very much a cartridge razor on steroids with the big difference being this gets close to a whole new level in comparison. And all of this being capable with wonderful confidence and an almost impossible chance of nicks and weepers. I write 'almost' as sticking any sharp object on ones face will eventually do damage and I don't want to be sued by someone saying 'Satanfriendly said..........' and resulting in doing time at Her Majesty's pleasure. A phrase I have never quite understood. Add to all this it is a razor which can be flung around ones face at a great rate of knots and we have a razor which is shockingly brilliant in most respects, shockingly easy to use and delivers shockingly great results. Someone at OneBlade really did their homework and came up with one fantastic product.

The Hype says 'The best razor razor in the world'. Is it? May be not but it is making a damn good statement for itself. The Ikon wins any close shave
competition in my books and the general wins on the all round 'get me out the house quickly prize', but the OB is the kind of razor which I think anyone could master, enjoy and get great results. The rest of the available choices in the world of DE's and SE's all have 'learn' and 'at your peril' attached to them, whereas the One just gets on and delivers. But.....this is where the others win through. I don't really want life to be easy and I think having to learn and master are all parts of the journey and I am not talking the long trek to Mordor here. May be the One gets around the face quicker, but the Ikon delivers the equal and if not better results, but it is the 'grimace factor' not the 'grin factor' which makes me go 'Wow, now that was good'. The OneBlade tends to take the fun out of it all.

All in all though a great razor and if all you want is minimal fuss, minimal input and maximum results then I would highly recommend the OneBlade above any other razor. The only kick in the teeth is the initial cost. Believe me if shaving gear wasn't your forte or a requirement it would easily fill the niche as 'the only razor you would ever need' and you would definitely be the best shaven bugger for miles. I love it for all it is and I can see it very easily becoming a regular player in the shaving box. Based on the fact I am getting lazier as I get older.

The rest of the 'team Satanfriendly' this evening performed impeccably. I wouldn't expect lesser from ADP products, and the scent? Excelente y absolutafuckingmente fantastico. God, do I love everything about ADP scents and their shaving croap isn't to be sniffed at either (okay it is).

Razorrock 400? It's a brush and it does brush things. End of

Welcome to my shaving world OneBlade and you are a very nice item to share the cabinet with all the other razors. I must say you do have a nice stand and should you ever be relegated to the give-a-miss division then you would make the most aesthetically wonderful paperweight. You would beat the cats any day as they keep wandering off on food missions.

A most incredible close shave was had and here I am smelling like an advert for ADP and as smooth as creamed potatoes. Did someone mention potatoes?

Last edited:
And this day brought with it a shave with the theme 'Lord of the sinks'

View attachment 42992

Orcrist - Oneblade V1
Hadhafang - Feather FHS-10.....because there is isn't anything else which fits outside of a modified Gem. After seeing some bloke rip one apart with a pair of huge adjustable wrenches on a YouTube video, I thought 'Bugger that one in the name of modifying'.
Gandalf the Wizard brush - Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic
Samwise the soapy Gamgee - ADP Collezione Barbiere9
No beard the Treebeard - ADP Colonia Club aftershave
The fantastic fragrant Faramir - ADP Colonia Club EDC

Oneblade to rule them all, oneblade to find them and Only one bloody blade to bring them altogether and in the darkness shave them. That would be the Feather FHS-10

In consideration that 99% of the characters in Lord of the Rings have a beard it may seem an odd theme for my SOTD. Hey we even have a bearded tree, but hey ho so is the way of life.......and the hairy trees agree.

So our adventure begins with more a habit than a hobbit.

This shave was all about my first outing with the Oneblade. In this case it is one of the earlier V1's bought from here on the BST and in immaculate condition. Many thanks to @Chinski for a wonderfully easy transaction and for the unused tub of Razorock Emperor soap which came included.

Out of the rather extravagant box first impressions were very good. Beautifully made and engineered with a high standard of finish and tolerances. The handle is not the most ergonomic to grasp when using but I forgive that as it does add to the overall looks. More form than function.

There is plenty of hype and claims with the Oneblade and you'd think with the all the scribblings on the web that the pivoting head is something new and ground-breaking, when in reality it has been around for decades in some way shape form or another. I will say though the pivot on the OB does work exceptionally well. In essence an upmarket Gillette Sensor 2 pivoting disposable.

Establishing the blade couldn't be an easier exercise. Slide in, click and job done. I was a bit sceptical with its security at first but my concerns were soon dispelled in use. Removal is equally as easy. The head does lean towards the bulky side of the story and to this effect my measuring stick of the Ikon SB is far better for delivering an accurate shave and more so with its edge to edge blade coverage. My other gripe being the blade is quite set back within the head which doesn't help with precision. Expect shorter side burns whether you want them or not. Despite its size and the grim reapers on the web I found it was far more agile than I might have thought it would be, and I can only assume that whoever said 'useless under the nose' either has a beard, sported a moustache or a trunk.

The Feather FHS-10. Someone did suggest it is called the Oneblade simply because there is only one blade which fits outside of using pipe wrenches and vices etc. I will say in the defence of this oneness it is an excellent blade and in the context of the OneBlade it works and it works very well indeed. Only time will tell whether or not it gets much beyond three shaves. And no it doesn't glow blue when in the presence of facial hair.

But does it bloody well work?

Not only does it work, but it is up there with the finest shaves I have ever had. I read plenty of reviews etc and in amongst all this folk mentioned 'I am still getting used to the OneBlade' and 'takes time to adjust to' etc etc. It took approximately the first 2 or 3 strokes with this baby to say 'yup, that's it'. It is that simple. Very much a cartridge razor on steroids with the big difference being this gets close to a whole new level in comparison. And all of this being capable with wonderful confidence and an almost impossible chance of nicks and weepers. I write 'almost' as sticking any sharp object one ones face will eventually do damage. And I don't want to be sued by someone saying 'Satanfriendly said..........' and end up doing time at Her Majesty's pleasure. A phrase I have never quite understood. Add to all this it is a razor which can be flung around ones face at a great rate of knots and we have a razor which is shockingly brilliant in most respects, shockingly easy to use with shockingly great results. Someone at OneBlade really did their homework and came up with one fantastic product.

The Hype says 'The best razor razor in the world'. Is it? May be not but it is making a damn good statement for itself. The Ikon wins any close shave
competition in my books and the general wins on the all round 'get me out the house quickly prize', but the OB is the kind of razor which I think anyone could master, enjoy and get great results. The rest of the available choices in the world of DE's and SE's all have 'learn' and 'at your peril' attached to them, whereas the One just gets on and delivers. But.....this is where the others win through. I don't really want life to be easy and I think having to learn and master are all parts of the journey and I am not talking the long trek to Mordor here. May be the One gets around the face quicker, but the Ikon delivers the equal and if not better results, but it is the 'grimace factor' not the 'grin factor' which makes me go 'Wow, now that was good'. The OneBlade tends to take the fun out of it all.

All in all though a great razor and if all you want is minimal fuss, minimal input and maximum results then I would highly recommend the OneBlade above any other razor. The only kick in the teeth is the initial cost. Believe me if shaving gear wasn't your forte or a requirement it would easily fill the niche as 'the only razor you would ever need' and you would definitely be the best shaven bugger for miles. I love it for all it is and I can see it very easily becoming a regular player in the shaving box. Based on the fact I am getting lazier as I get older.

The rest of the 'team Satanfriendly' this evening performed impeccably. I wouldn't expect lesser from ADP products, and the scent? Excelente y absolutafuckingmente fantastico. God, do I love everything about ADP scents and their shaving croap isn't to be sniffed at either (okay it is).

Razorrock 400? It's a brush and it does brush things. End of

Welcome to my shaving world OneBlade and you are a very nice item to share the cabinet with all the other razors. I must say though you do have a nice stand and should you ever be relegated to the give-a-miss division then you would make the most aesthetically wonderful paperweight. You would beat the cats any day as they keep wandering off on food missions.

A most incredible close shave was had and here I am smelling like an advert for ADP and as smooth as creamed potatoes. Did someone mention potatoes?

A flat head screwdriver and a hammer will have the spine off a Gem blade in a jiffy! :)
A very funny and informative write up on the first use of your OneBlade. P.

Good Friday 19th April
Birthday shave
Heno de Pravia glycerine soap pre-shave - Yaqi Aluminium Tux - Rose of Bulgaria Cream - Pal Adjustable - Schick Proline B #7 - Rose of Bulgaria A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream
lV1NMhn.jpg

Great Easter weekend to all.

Thanks for the kind reply, sir. Can you tell me where you source your Rose of Bulgaria shaving cream, please? Being a bit of a gardening buff, rose has to be my favourite scent of all.

All the very best,
Graeme

P.S. Huge thanks to all you chaps for the Birthday wishes: I had a great day spent with my daughter and the rest of my madcap family!

Back
Top Bottom