SOTD : Saturday 12th May - Friday 18th May 2018.

Omega 011829
Rockwell 6S
Supermax Super Platinum (2)
Stirling Mountain Man
Nivea 2 Phase & Al Rehab Silver

Top notch as expected, starting to make a dent in this soap, really enjoying Stirling lately - my favourite soap makers and beyond Texas On Fire I have yet to truly find a scent I dislike. Or a soap that reacts to me unlike every Caties Bubbles I have tried.

I tired my Little Wren bowl for a change, the ones others have with the small stalagmite at the bottom, only lost a single hair with the brush, an improvement on my last use of it.

SOTD - Saturday 12 May 2018

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: RazoRock - 24mm BC Silvertip Plissoft (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Le Père Lucien - Rose de Pushkar
  • After-Shave: Axe - Dark Temptation

How are you finding your beautiful looking brush? P.

I've used my Moka Express in Finest a few times now, and I quite like it. The badger knot is soft (not ultra-soft, though; I had a little scritch initially which seems to have subsided) with a medium backbone, somewhere on the less rigid side of a Semogue Owners Club.

The handle looks very beautiful, but at least for me took some getting used to, as I find it rather bulky (given the measurements on the AliExpress website, it's slightly bigger than the handle of the 24mm synthetic version) and a bit uncomfortable to hold considering the many edges. I think I'm fine with it now, but it wasn't love at first sight, or rather touch.

Here's another picture that captures the sunlight a bit better:

Thankyou, did you get stung by customs, vat man and Royal mail charges when it arrived? EDIT... Scrub that! I've just noticed that you are not in the UK. P.

Last edited:
Thursday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: OSP 'Eucalyptus + Menthol'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Fougere Bouquet ASB

I went with the 34C/Polsilver combo today, simply because I didn't have to rush, and what an awesome mid week shave it was, with OSP doing a splendid job in the lather dept. Yep, that was a quality shave, alright.

Saturday
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade) spruced up w/Declaration Grooming Brush Rejuvenator
Soap: Talbot 'Buttery Brook'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve
Fragrance: D.S & Durga Mississippi Medicine

Well, 'Buttery Brook' produced a stupendous amount of slick lather, which provided the base for a wonderful, trouble free shave. Top Tier, without a doubt....The Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve truly is a top notch stuff..Bliss!... all finished off with some Mississippi Medicine.. RESULT!!

Saturday 12th May 2018
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Bulldog face wash and Proraso white
Razor: Supply V2 2 dot palte
Blade: Personna (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip
Soap: Truefitt & Hill 1805 soap
Bowl: Korium
AS: Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey lotion
EDT: Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey

My first shave with the Supply V2, very smooth. Personna injector blades are not my favourite injector blades but I thought I would use one as they are supplied with the razor. The shave felt buttery smooth and while it took 3 passes the result was great, I will shave with the 2 dot plate a few more times before trying the 3 dot plate. So far I am impressed, I had been contemplating a Supply since the V1, when I spotted this used one for a good price I could not resist, and glad I did.

Nice Shavers those Swede Jobs..It Just Gets Better & Better..Well Done..It Does Feel Epic..Hard to Tell Folks Aint It..

Billy

Sat 12th May

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
P & B Spitfire
Schick J3 -Golden 500
Schick Proline [ 7 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Still using Injectors confined to use of a single blade, my choice for today was quite lucky.I managed to oversleep and had to Shave/Shower make lunch and be on the road in a short space of time, I cannot rush these days. I used the Golden 500 which is a mild Razor, but can be relied on to provide a fuss free Shave with a nice finish. I quite surprised myself by making my ETD on time.

~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Lush Snowcake soap
Razor ~ Blackland Sabre L1
Blade ~ Gem Stainless Steel
Soap ~ Panama 1924 - Boellis
Brush ~ Omega 6209 Badger
Bowl ~ TSR Group Buy
Post ~ Panama 1924 Aftershave Gel - Boellis
Scent ~ Panama 1924 edt - Boellis

The full Panama 1924 treatment, just fabulous! A beautiful Sunday shave before walking the dog

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday.....P.

Sunday 13th May

Olive Oil Soap
Proraso Green Pre Shave
P&B Albion Soap
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Yaqi 24mm 2 band Badger Brush
Fatip Piccolo Razor with a Rapira Stainless Blade
Alum Block and rinse
Bart's Balm Lavender ASB
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal AS

A beautiful Sunday morning with a shave to match.
3 passes and a touch up for a wonderful BBS shave